Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin make an offer for Honda F1

Options
  • 19-02-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

has anyone heard any updates about Virgin buying the Honda team? Its all over the news that they may buy it for £1!! but no actuall confirmed sale reports.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I for one hope this deal goes ahead, not necessarily for the saving of the ex-Honda team but moreso for all the inevitable innuendos we'd get during the commentary.....

"And Massa squeezes up the inside of the Virgin!"

"Hamilton takes the Virgin from behind!"

"Alonso makes a bold pass on the Virgin!"

..... etc., etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I for one hope this deal goes ahead, not necessarily for the saving of the ex-Honda team but moreso for all the inevitable innuendos we'd get during the commentary.....

lol...I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

And a Virgin car wins their first race.
    Commentator
    "And that is the first time a Virgin has been faster than Kimi" :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Surely for some cheap and tasteless PR, they'd have to consider Danica Patrick?

Although on looks, Susie Stoddart might be available...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Ironbars

AP http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gBqoawlRd-0MHgeYUHHdykRw6rMQ
    Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone is hopeful Richard Branson's Virgin group will complete their proposed purchase of the Honda team with the new season just over a month away.
    Honda has been up for sale since last December when the Japan-based company decided to pull the plug on their £200million-per-year F1 operation due to the global financial crisis.
    "I've spoken to Richard's people about it. He would love to do it," Ecclestone was quoted as saying in The Guardian. "I'd like it very much. It would be super. We're working to try and make it happen."

Looks like it could be happening soon, a nice side note for the coming season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Wonder will he get his lookalike David Richards back in to run the team??? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Have to agree with Lightning, F1 could do with some characters in its ranks.
    That's what Jordan brought to the grid, people who loved the sport, but weren't
    afraid to have a good time! Miss the Jordan Babes!

Advertisement