Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you want to be stuck on a desert island with?

Options
  • 19-02-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Ok this stems from a conversation I had with mik_da_man and Wallacebiy last night... A future event that I am planning is a boards quiz that we will organise ourselves and some questions will be based around the Cork forum.....

So this poll is just set up for a bit of fun (might set up the same thing but for other questions in the near future). You can only pick multiple people but votes are private so do not worry about people knowing who you chose. Please do not be offended if you get no votes. It is not meant to be taken seriously at all and people may not have met you before!!

There is a maximum of 25 things in any poll so I picked the most active people in this forum (as well as attenders at the events).

Who would you like to be stuck on a desert island with? 47 votes

kingtut
    0% 0 votes
    Princess_Lou
    17% 8 votes
    JohnK
    10% 5 votes
    mik_da_man
    0% 0 votes
    miss_shadow
    8% 4 votes
    440Hz
    6% 3 votes
    Fast_Mover
    2% 1 vote
    Tirabaralla
    6% 3 votes
    Gem25x
    12% 6 votes
    towel401
    2% 1 vote
    Tommy1979
    8% 4 votes
    Wallacebiy
    8% 4 votes
    im_invisible
    2% 1 vote
    Jeremiah16:1
    4% 2 votes
    corkhero
    2% 1 vote
    Blitzkrieger
    0% 0 votes
    Kold
    0% 0 votes
    The Scientist
    4% 2 votes
    Webmonkey
    0% 0 votes
    Vinta81
    2% 1 vote
    corkgal1981
    0% 0 votes
    DJ Hafez
    0% 0 votes
    all_smilz
    0% 0 votes
    sunshinegirl
    0% 0 votes
    BeansMeansHynes
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

King, I was wondering...are you and TrafficCone the same person? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Nope, what makes you ask that? Why would someone need or want more than one profile? :confused:

Cause u kinda have similar ideas...lol
    About the second question...I dunno, many people do that.
    I was joking, anyway :P

Cause u kinda have similar ideas...lol
    About the second question...I dunno, many people do that.
    I was joking, anyway :P

Oh right, well maybe they can't come up with their own ideas and want to copy mine, I have been posting a lot here a lot longer than them. Feckin copy cats...I thought the only thing they did was the valentines thing?

Crazy Italians :D:rolleyes: lol

Yep, I was talking about that thread...lol
    This sounds similar enough...and u both could be italians for your ideas...LOL

• Advertisement

Yep, I was talking about that thread...lol
    This sounds similar enough...and u both could be italians for your ideas...LOL

but there was no poll in their thread.....
    I didn't realise my Italian accent was that strong ;)
    Tell the fecker to stop copying me if ya think his ideas are similar to mine :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ya know I was thinking the same thing - but for a different reason.
    Why isn't Traffic_cone on the poll.....

If it was the same person they wouldn't bother putting themselves on the poll twice..

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Ya know I was thinking the same thing - but for a different reason.
    Why isn't Traffic_cone on the poll.....

If it was the same person they wouldn't bother putting themselves on the poll twice..

I can only fit 25 people on the poll, most came from beers the rest were the most active or had participated in the what are you interested in poll. Trafficcone doesn't seem to be active. There are plenty of other people that are not on the poll like Bill-e, Roar ,ditzygirl and illkillya to name just a few...none of them are all that active. unless all those profiles are me ;)

Can someone tell me why 5 people would want to be stuck on a desert island with me?? :eek:

HAHAHA...u don't wanna know! :D

HAHAHA...u don't wanna know! :D

Tell me tell me I need to know.....did you pick me??? Do you want to eat me?? :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

kingtut wrote: »
    There are plenty of other people that are not on the poll like Bill-e, Roar ,ditzygirl and illkillya to name just a few...none of them are all that active. unless all those profiles are me ;):

Look at what u started now :D
    Can someone tell me why 5 people would want to be stuck on a desert island with me?? :eek:

Why not?
    Is there something we don't know??......

Look at what u started now :D

conspiracy theories are fun :D anything to get people talking ;)
    Why not?
    Is there something we don't know??......

Yes....seeing as I am an alien who changes into 5 people whenever I want you would not be alone on the island....and we would all eat you after we perform weird experiments on you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

I picked sunshinegirl.

I have no idea of anyone on this. So i just said id pick here as her name consists of 2 good things to have on a desert island.

Sunshine and a girl :)

corkhero wrote: »
    I picked sunshinegirl.

I have no idea of anyone on this. So i just said id pick here as her name consists of 2 good things to have on a desert island.

Sunshine and a girl :)

This is lovely ^_^

(no, I didn't, KingTut, tbh :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Nope, what makes you ask that? Why would someone need or want more than one profile? :confused:

i have 2 profiles. i think i explained why a while back. but my 2nd one is not traffic_cone

A future event that I am planning is a boards quiz that we will organise ourselves and some questions will be based around the Cork forum.....

Hey that just gave me an idea. a boards event where we all go to an uninhabited island off the Irish coast and camp for a few days. Wouldn't get many takers i know but it would be some adventure!

towel401 wrote: »
    Hey that just gave me an idea. a boards event where we all go to an uninhabited island off the Irish coast and camp for a few days. Wouldn't get many takers i know but it would be some adventure!

Been there, done that...sorta...lol

You have 2 accounts? I didn't know ^_^

Kintut, I was wondering also...how came that u and those aother guys were talking about which beardsie u'd bring to a desert island??? :-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Been there, done that...sorta...lol

You have 2 accounts? I didn't know ^_^

Kintut, I was wondering also...how came that u and those aother guys were talking about which beardsie u'd bring to a desert island??? :-0

was it funsies?

i made the 2nd one when i couldn't get into the first one or forgot i had an account already [in 2005 i only posted a couple of times then went away]

each account is also perma-banned from different forums so thats a good reason to keep them now.

Hahaha...I see...is this something like Dan+Jacuzzi? ^_^ (joking)

Nope, I was joking saying I have been "camping" on a "desert island"...I was talking about my life on Inis Mor :P (if some local is reading this...I am joking! I miss the island :-*)

• Advertisement

towel401 wrote: »
    i have 2 profiles. i think i explained why a while back. but my 2nd one is not traffic_cone

I don't recall the reason but that doesn't matter. Is your other profile dahamsta?

Well I was telling them about my idea of having a boards quiz and I said some of the questions could be based on the boards threads and gave an example question of " Who came first or second in the desert island poll" and then I said to them oh I should set up a poll on that subject....

So umm I guess you could say I was the one talking and they did the listening....as always I guess :(

So how come the beers ended so early? Normally it ends at 2.30 at the earliest

It was a last minute stuff...it was just the 3 of us (me, Towel and TheScientist) and one had to go at half past eight and me I am working tomorrow morning...We should organize a bigger event for next week since after TheScientist is leaving for Dublin...I'd love to let YOU organize, KingTut ^_^

Anyway, u guys could have stopped for one before the cinema! How was that? Romantic? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

It was a last minute stuff...it was just the 3 of us (me, Towel and TheScientist) and one had to go at half past eight and me I am working tomorrow morning...We should organize a bigger event for next week since after TheScientist is leaving for Dublin...I'd love to let YOU organize, KingTut ^_^

Anyway, u guys could have stopped for one before the cinema! How was that? Romantic? :P

You forgot the inverted commas...

here look..

Anyway, u guys could have stopped for one before the "cinema!" How was that? Romantic? :P

T

It was a last minute stuff...it was just the 3 of us (me, Towel and TheScientist)

thought you organised it yesterday :confused: that's loads of time
    We should organize a bigger event for next week since after TheScientist is leaving for Dublin...I'd love to let YOU organize, KingTut ^_^

It is up to the person who wants beer to organise :) I think you do a pretty good job as it is (as does Princess_Lou). I'm better at organising the social events where the main focus is not beer.
    Anyway, u guys could have stopped for one before the cinema! How was that?

I had planned the cinema before the beers had started so couldn't do both. I am travelling to see my family tomorrow after work so had to pack and so on, otherwise I would have called in for one. Cinema was good thanks. It was a horror movie.

tommmy1979 wrote: »

here look..

Anyway, u guys could have stopped for one before the "cinema!" How was that? Romantic? :P

T

LOL, well done lad! Revengeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So sweet.

King...one day it's not such a long time to organize something...is it? :\ *confused*
    I know 'twas an horror movie (that's why I didn't join...sigh), but I wasn't talking bout the movie, dear :D

Anyway, mmmkay...but it's an absurd stuff that in Cork the beers mettings have to be organized by an italian girl, c'mon! I thought all irish were alcoolics! :pac:

I don't recall the reason but that doesn't matter. Is your other profile dahamsta?

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Someone who knows how to get off a desert island!!!!

Hahaha...I see...is this something like Dan+Jacuzzi? ^_^ (joking)

Nope, I was joking saying I have been "camping" on a "desert island"...I was talking about my life on Inis Mor :P (if some local is reading this...I am joking! I miss the island :-*)

i have actually no idea where i got the name from. i first used it in '98 or 2001 for some real oldschool chat rooms. when the internet was still in black and white and you had to shovel coal into the computer to keep it going

Dob74 wrote: »
    Someone who knows how to get off a desert island!!!!

surely you'd just need someone with a satellite phone

• Advertisement

tommmy1979 wrote: »

here look..

T

Don't try and spread rumours....you are just trying to make people forget about the ones between you and a certain someone :D it is part of boards history now.

Nice try but we shall never forget ;);)

Advertisement