Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Appliances cheap or 2nd hand

Options
  • 19-02-2009 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

any idea where i'd get kitchen appliances undercounter fridge/hob/cooker/washing machine cheap in the louth area. is there anywhere that reconditions them or sells second hand.

PS; please don't suggest currys!!!!!!!!!!!

that'll be €280 please...............
    but it's advertised at 255......?
    Yes but we charge 25 for delivery.......
    but i don't want it delivered........i'll take it now.
    we don't have it in stock.................
    then i'l take the store model..........
    we can't sell the store model...........
    ok get it delivered here and i'll pick it up, i only live round the corner........
    no we can't do that they have to deliver it to your home.......
    so everything is advertised at one price but that's not actually the price !!!!
    yes that's right!
    Genius customer service !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Not possible legally now to get such good.

Those items known such as "white goods" are banned from being resold by a EU directive that was brought in Europewide.
    Its to do with the safety of the second-hand goods and if they are up to scratch or are people putting themselvesd at risk of damage to their health or indeed to their wallet as they are ripped off.

You still might find something in small adverts but shop-wise in the streets, its much harder now to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Don't buy any of them 2nd hand or your asking for trouble.

if your buying them all in the one shop you're in a great position to haggle for a good price. Tell each shop about the deal you can get elsewhere and ask them to make you a better offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

Well, I am going to suggest 'Currys'. But in Newry! :)

I bought a whole bunch of stuff from there over the years, and always found them helpful and professional. They come across very polite and are very helpful with your queries and sees it thru to loading into the boot of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

There's a guy on the Long Walk in Dundalk, right beside the FÁS office that sells dented and scratched white goods for considerable savings...I've had both a washing machine and cooker off him. Delivery is free in the local area, he'll pick up your old appliance and take it to the recycle centre and where installation is required, will recommend a plumber/spark.
    Only bad point is his stock level is hit and miss and the shop is tiny.
    The stuff I bought off him was brand new, is working still (machine 3 yr old, cooker 5+ yrs) and was covered by a full manafacturer's warranty. Savings were about 20% IIRC.

Nice post Biggins....f*ckin' wasters in Brussels really earning their keep :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 edel26

Doesnt matter where you buy.. they all break after 2 yrs..
    My Fridge (Whirlpool), My Dishwasher (Belling) and my Washing Maching (Indesit) have all broken on me this month! Just after the Guarantee is up! I'd swear it was done on purpose!! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement