Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home cinema system

• 19-02-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any suggestions for a new home cinema system? Im buying a new 40" samsung full HD TV and want a system to go with it. Budget is up to €200 and i want surround sound with dvd player with upscaling and usb divx function.

Have been looking at Sony DAV-DZ260 but want to know of other options.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Also looking at the Samsung HT-TZ315. ANy opinions on either system would be really appreciated. Or any alternatives people might suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

DAVDZ260 is an excellent budget home cinema , very underrated for its price bracket. If you looking just to complement your television/dvd viewing its value for money.

>Sol

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

instead of starting a new thread - similar question I suppose.

I have an a100 popcorn hour streamer full hd which plays mkv files plus avi's to a samsung 37" thru hdmi.
    I have an old 5.1 all in one but need to upgrade.

So, would like an all in one unit ie no dvd player or seperate amp, speakers (rears with stands) with the option of adjusting audio-sync (if available or maybe my old unit is causing this)
    Am I right in saying the hdmi would go thru the 5.1 and then onto the tv ?

any suggestions out there -€200 odd would be my budget. Standard size living room.
    are wireless rear speakers an option ? The cable thats there looks like white 2 core cable.(edit - ok forget the wireless idea- just read up about them - still need power)

and if possible - a tos-link to play my sd sky+ thru it also !!

appreciate it

K

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

found this unit here thats supports hdmi - for the popcorn, tos-link for my sky+ and a addition hdmi for a wii on it's way :)

forget the budget - 200e does will not supply what I need really.

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Karl, just ask RS for a price / recommendation before you purchase, they us boardies good deals ! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement