Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating website subscription via Paypal woes!

Options
  • 19-02-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

i haven't much experience in terms of handling payments on websites, i did deal with realex briefly before but that was some time back!
    the site in question allows for user registration, and we've decided to charge a subscription for it now.

so, what I had had hoped for was that i could use paypals subscription service, and integrate it in to the registration form. its simple in theory. the form is pretty basic. i want the user to submit it via a paypal button, get paypal to simply maintain the post data and then insert the data into the database once the user returns to the site with a sucessful payment.

but i cant. this is me right now --> :confused:

halp! does paypal not allow for custom post data to be carried? any suggestions? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You look into PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN). It does a callback to your site (you set the url) when a payment is successful.

So, before a user goes to the PayPal site you will add their details to the database, but mark it as unpaid or disabled.
    When PayPal calls the script on your site it will mark the entry as paid/active.

This is the logic used by osCommerce and its PayPal IPN add-on.

Advertisement