Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbox

Options
  • 19-02-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Well poeole just wondering does anyone know where i can get a second hand gearbox for a 04 nissian almera in the limerick,tipp area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

There is Marshs scrapyard in Broadford Co Clare which is not far outside Limerick. There is another one inbetween Castleconnell and O'Briens bridge. Worth ringing them to see if they have an old almeira on site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

You should try BOB SWEENEYs in Castleconnell.

Bob Sweeney,
    TA Auto Towing Coolready,
    Castleconnell,
    Co. Limerick,
    Tel: 061-377496

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 puddin123

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭philipm

If you contact Bohernabreena Gearbox Centre near Tallaght in Dublin. They may be able to send you down a gearbox or repair your current one.

Worth a try I have been in the same position twice :mad:

http://www.gearboxcentre.handyinfo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

Naas gearbox centre repair boxes & supply re-con ones

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

While i'm here lads, I'm just wonderin, my car is making a strange skreetching noise. I know this is the fan belt. My mate told me a trick. He said take out the oil dipstick and wipe along the fan belt. this will grease it up. He said I should do it now before it becomes something nasty. it only happens once a week or something at the moment. and only for a couple of seconds and usually when its cold. As I am not too car savy, can anyone tell me where is the fan belt? I took a look and found something that looks like a bicycle chain but its more of a belt lookin thing than a chain. is that it? cheers

I would not reccomend doing this, think of the dirt and sh1te that is on your fan belt if it was me I would replace the fan belt and make sure you get the correct size as the tension is causing the squeeking.

A mechanic would do it in no time, with a lift. What your pointing sounds like your timing chain, I could be wrong I am no mechanic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

philipm wrote: »
    I would not reccomend doing this, think of the dirt and sh1te that is on your fan belt if it was me I would replace the fan belt and make sure you get the correct size as the tension is causing the squeeking.

A mechanic would do it in no time, with a lift. What your pointing sounds like your timing chain, I could be wrong I am no mechanic.
    Oh right cheers. is a new fan belt expensive?

I think about a €10 if you go into Limerick Brakes and give the details of your car they will sort you out.

Advertisement