Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will FF ever get into govt. again?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

nuttz wrote: »
    If you resent your fellow citizens so much why don't you do us all a favour and emigrate.

Ah I see your pedaling the old FF solution to our problems again.

I supposed it worked for Dev for a good many years.

Here I have an even better idea, why don't you and that sorry bunch of ff TDs along with the rest of your party faithful sling your hook and do the Irish nation a favour.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

jmayo wrote: »
    Ah I see your pedaling the old FF solution to our problems again.

I supposed it worked for Dev for a good many years.

Here I have an even better idea, why don't you and that sorry bunch of ff TDs along with the rest of your party faithful sling your hook and do the Irish nation a favour.

I didn't pedal anything, I didn't mention any party. I am proud of my country and don't need to listen to little ****s like yourself insulting the people of the country.

I didn't pedal anything, I didn't mention any party. I am proud of my country and don't need to listen to little ****s like yourself insulting the people of the country.

I can understand someone being proud of a country, even though I personally find it incredibly stupid. However, what exactly right now is there to be proud of about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

jmayo wrote: »
    No the problem is we get the politicans we vote for or at least some of us vote for them, as a nation we get the ones we deserve .
    I love when people say they are all as bad as each other, which is something that FF have managed to get into the heads of people, so that they don't look as bad as they really are.
    FG, Lab etc are hung for sins they MIGHT have committed, whereas FF are not made pay for anything they have actually done.

Does it matter if we did have a new party seen as we have those who will vote for local "Soldier of Destiny" candidate just like all their ancestors.
    Then you have the ones who vote because the local TD is good for the area, getting things done.
    Then you have the ultimate where people vote for someone, becuase he got one over on the system e.g our tax dodging TDs.
    These voters fail to realise the system includes themselves :rolleyes:

The Irsh people knew that this crowd were inept, wasteful, arrogant, condescending to public and critisism, lukewarm on ethics and morals.
    Yet a lot of paddies voted them in, becuase they just saw themsleves doing alright so why derail the gravy train.

These voters didn't give a cr** that the health service was neglecting and allowing patients to die, that government leader and ex ministers spent more time in tribunals than in Dáil, that the government were wasting billions on pet projects and that they were feathering the nest of their supporters.

Now that they have dicovered the great economy was a sham and that they have been taken for a ride they are getting sanctimonous and want revenge.
    Perhpas some people should look in the mirror as to who is at fault.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me :rolleyes:

I dont think you got what I was getting at. Isnt there a way that we can get more qualified and better suited people into our ministerial slots without having to choose from a partys locally elected politicians. One example I can think of is Noel Dempsey, hes been the minister for four different things now, cant we have more qualified people making the big decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Do not insult people on this forum. Do it again and it is a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

Dannyboy83 wrote: »

And Irish people are thick x 2 (all the booze I suspect).

It could be the booze but...

I suspect that over 150 years of emigration from Ireland, has created a brain drain.

The intelligent ones (mostly) went abroad thus leaving a majority of thick ones behind. :P

The population of Ireland is now 51% thickos.

These thickos have a genetic predisposition that makes them believe politicians.

How else could you explain FF getting voted in time and time again:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Speak for yourself.

Oh dear....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Daithinski wrote: »
    It could be the booze but...

I suspect that over 150 years of emigration from Ireland, has created a brain drain.

The intelligent ones (mostly) went abroad thus leaving a majority of thick ones behind. :P

The population of Ireland is now 51% thickos.

These thickos have a genetic predisposition that makes them believe politicians.

How else could you explain FF getting voted in time and time again:confused:

I'll just say this:
    Until 2008, I was making more money as a nightclub bouncer than I was as a qualified and experienced computer science graduate with 2 extra languages.

My former landlord was telling me he was making twice my annual salary per month during 2003-2006. He did a 2 year course in the college of comm.

And then they wonder why people want to be the next X-Factor but don't study maths or science:rolleyes:..................

Regardless, my point still stands, Irish people don't care until you hit them in the pocket. When the crisis passes, the dodos will go back to sleep and the rugby and the booze, and FF will have their day again.

I think it was NESF who posted "winning politics isn't about the actions you take, but the promises you make".
    I think the Green party have taken the Litmus test with regard to that one.

There was a fabulous program on the BBC recently about the Great Depression, there was a very old chap who had just started off working in the stock market in the states when the depression kicked off.
    His conclusion was that from that depression to this one, people have learned nothing and forgotten everything.

Advertisement