Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccination question

Options
  • 19-02-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm travelling with my daughter to Peru next month. I'm not sure what childhood vaccines she has had as we lived in three diffrerent countries when she was little and I lost the yellow international vaccination card that says what ones she's had. She has just got the yellow fever vaccination which is reccomended but I really can't say for sure if she has had the polio or mmr vaccinations. She's almost 14 by the way

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Talk to your dr about it.
    Do you know the names and addresses of your old drs ?
    Can you not ring them and check or ask for a fax of her medical records ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Talk to your dr about it.
    Do you know the names and addresses of your old drs ?
    Can you not ring them and check or ask for a fax of her medical records ?
    Unfortunately I don't have the names of the doctors abroad. Someone suggested that a blood test might verify what she has and has not had. Can anyone verify this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't have the names of the doctors abroad. Someone suggested that a blood test might verify what she has and has not had. Can anyone verify this?

I am sure it is possible to have a blood test done to look for the antibodies.
    How long it will take, the cost and if it can be done are questions you will
    have to talk to your dr about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

If you are not certain, get them renewed some of the vaccines only last a certain number of years anyways.
    Going from your user name I would recommend the TMB down beside the book exchange at the rear of the Eyre square, I had mine done their about 3 months ago.

If you are traveling next month tho you might have left it a little to later as some of the vaccines take a number of week to work properly.

Advertisement