Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish essay

Options
  • 19-02-2009 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

does any1 know how i can get good notes or phrases on the recession in irish??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

ahhh i'm just after remembering that I have an essay to do over the mid-term on the recession. There aren't really any good notes online but some of the more up-to-date revision books may have notes on the recession. Older ones are still on about the Celtic Tiger and the low unemployment rates. Has your teacher not given you any notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I think there was a nother thread about an cúlú... go have a look.

Still though, here's some:

"I lár na nóhaidí thaining athrú ar gheilleagar na tíre seo a d'athródh cúrsaí in Eirinn go deo. Thaining an t-ainmhí cáiliul chugainn- an Tíogar- a chuir an ruaig ar an diabhal dífhostaícht don chéad uair le fada. Anois, áfach, tá an tíogar tar éis dul ar ais chuig an teochras arb as a thaining sé, agus tá ár noilean iathglas ar ais mar a bhí sé, b'fhédir níos measa ná riamh. Cé atá freagrach? etc"
    in the middle of the 90s a change came on the economy of this country that would change things in Ireland forever. The famous animal- the tiger- came, that chased away unemployment for the first time in a long time. Now, however, the tiger's gone back to wherever he came from and our emerald island is back to how it used to be, maybe worse than ever. Who's responsible?" and so on

Advertisement