Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising break in's in Inishowen

• 19-02-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Since Feb 3rd, there has been 16 break-in's in Inishowen alone. See http://www.derryjournal.com/inishowen/Locals-warn-burglars-Pray-Garda.4986557.jp

Being from Inishowen although living in England, the thought of going to bed at night knowing that your at risk of attack is prity scary. Has it ever been as bad as this throughout Donegal for such a rural area.
    Its going to end in someone being seriously hurt or possibly killed.
    Which brings it on the rule that was meant to be introduced a few years ago after the farmer killed a burgerlar. Cant remember his name. Isnt it legal now to kill a robber if they are facing you?

Any thoughts on the matter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

As far as I know it is still illegal to kill the robber facing you

I believe the terminology is that you can use necessary force to aprehend the Criminal.

There lies the problem of what is necessary force.

From experience I caught a 17 year old breaking into my home (this was a few years ago) I gave him a bit of a kicking dragged him to his fathers house who gave him another one I am led to believe he has been on his best behaviour

Advertisement