Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marui PSG1

Options
  • 19-02-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭

Just ordered one of these babies and wondering if all G3 mags are compatible or is it just the expensive marui ones that are like 30 quid a pop?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Have only ever used the Marui 15 round psg-1 mags in mine, but I've heard of them being used with G3 high caps* and I dont think there are any issues.

*shudders at the thought of high cap in a psg-1*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

haha do you have one?? what do you think? can't wait for it. No was thinking g3 mid caps if such a thing exists?

Yea, I have one.

Lovely rifle, quite rare to see around too.

Have mine upgraded with a 6.01mm barrel, upgraded gearbox (everything except the gears) mosfet with active braking and 9.6v custom battery. Dont use it half as much as i should because I'm not really a sniper, but I still wouldn't sell it.

Nice, looking into some upgrades for mine too (when I get it :) )

As far as I have seen they are nearly 320fps stock anyway which is odd from Marui.

What battery would you recommend? I was just going to use a dboys mini one which I have lying around.

The dboys mini is fine, I got one like this from ehobbyasia:

INTELL-BA-9.6-4200-PSG1-AG.jpg

I cant remember what mine was stock, but I'm pretty sure it was only around 270fps, since I upgraded it's firing 325fps

The only problem is that it doesn't take normal AEG springs, they are longer and I haven't seen any 1 Joule psg-1 specific springs. I managed to find a longer than normal AEG spring lying around which I put in and worked quite well though.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks man, will start looking at some upgrades when I get it!!

@ KD - Where did you buy your PSG-1 parts from?? looking to get a silencer (if possible?!), a tightbore barrell and a few mags.

Got my parts from ehobbyasia.com

This is the cylinder/piston that I got: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-cylinder-enhancement-set-for-marui-psg-1.html

They have some barrels aswell, just search for psg on the site.

If you're going for a precision barrel, get the 590mm, there is room for a 650mm barrel in the psg-1, but it involves cutting out part of the baffel that is inside the outer barrel and 60mm is not going to make any difference in the accuracy/range on a barrel that long.

I've never seen a silencer adapter for it but the top of the barrel does screw off so it's not impossible, however as above there is already a baffle inside the barrel which is basically a built-in silencer.

Thanks KD.

Some nice parts on it, gonna get some upgrades now,

cheers!

Advertisement