Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech recognition

Options
  • 19-02-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I need advice on speech recognition software and required spec of a laptop to run it.

I hear that Vista has this facility. Is it any good? What about Dragon Naturally Speaking. I tried that one some years ago and it was useless.

I've been told my laptop wouldn't be able to run such software so what could?

If you have any info I'd be grateful or perhaps you could direct me where I can get information. Once upon a time there were disability advisers in this country, but no more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

give the client technical services in the central remedial clinic a ring and ask to speak to a assistive technology adviser (they´ll do it for free).

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

snorlax wrote: »
    give the client technical services in the central remedial clinic a ring and ask to speak to a assistive technology adviser (they´ll do it for free).

Thanks so much for that information. I'm sure it will prove useful.

Advertisement