Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious chillies and sauces,where to get them

• 19-02-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I like spicy food quite a bit, and am looking for some hot sauces to improve the crazy amounts of baked chicken I eat.

At the moment one of the best I've found is called "Seriously Hot Caribbean Sauce" which is 50% Habanero/Scotch Bonnet. It's nice poured over the chicken and does well in small quantities. It's also thankfully free of large amounts of sugar etc.

Does anyone else know of any good sauces that would be nice with chicken? More as an accompanyment afterwards. I'd prioritise flavour and lack of sugar over raw heat, but heat is good too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

M&S do a little jar of 'Diablo Chilli'. Basicaly it just seems to be chopped chilli and salt.
    nice!!:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Fresh on Camden St do some jamaican style sauces, can't vouch for the heat of them. They're over next to the stand up freezers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Phenix wrote: »
    M&S do a little jar of 'Diablo Chilli'. Basicaly it just seems to be chopped chilli and salt.
    nice!!:p

Aye I've tried that, seems to be more a cooking ingredient than a sauce though and is quite mild.

I gave that website a look and there seems to be a few interesting things on it.

Advertisement