Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

This car is gorgeous and rare but I can't see it being worth nearly €17,000.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-335d-m-sport-286-bhp-320d-330d/11300572
    50991483.jpeg
    Now don't get me wrong its a sweet car but he had the ad up about a month with no price I was wondering what he was expecting to get for it. Next thing €16,900 appears :eek:
    Price aside shame its not emissions taxed would be €750 instead of the €1500 cc based...

There's a same year 335i for €11500 which is about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Price aside shame its not emissions taxed would be €750 instead of the €1500 cc based...
    I think you'll find that the rate of tax is actually €1809 for anything over 3.0L. ;) Making the whole thing even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Apologies - I was thinking of the older way in which BMW used to badge their cars - where the numbers actually reflected the engine size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Bit disrespectful putting in offers when you have no intention or the money to back it up

Who says he hasn't got the money? Bit disrespectful judging someone's financial position when you don't know the person. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Top Dog wrote: »
    I think you'll find that the rate of tax is actually €1809 for anything over 3.0L. ;) Making the whole thing even worse.

It has been made known to me the tax rates!

Carry on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

No ordinary Discovery, oh no. Its a very expensive one :-)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11548758

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

No ordinary Discovery, oh no. Its a very expensive one :-)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11548758

The seller was really struggling to come up with the 11 items for the list most are just a load of crap and not real upgrades at all.

12k they will be waiting a while you'd get a lot newer clean discovery 3 for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

millington wrote: »
    If it was low milage in immaculate condition it would struggle for 5 TBH

Reduced to €4,200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

jelutong wrote: »
    Reduced to €4,200.
    Ads gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭W123-80's

10 years old
    Cloth seats
    Generally a very UnMercedes like Mercedes

Surely it will do well to get half the asking???

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-c-class-c-180-1-owner-automatic/11706002

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

disagree, a little bit over priced but not that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

It's literally banjaxed.. engine couldn't even be ok

https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/vw-golf-1-6-tdi-long-nct/11738254

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

TrailerBob wrote: »

The only and only line, first to see will buy! I highly doubt it.

Going by second picture the engine is well gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

The only and only line, first to see will buy! I highly doubt it.

Going by second picture the engine is well gone.

But is the timing belt broken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Buy with confidence with a long NCT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Buy with confidence with a long NCT

It won't pass the next one unless someone with very good skills and alot of time on their hands buys it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

CIP4 wrote: »
    The seller was really struggling to come up with the 11 items for the list most are just a load of crap and not real upgrades at all.

12k they will be waiting a while you'd get a lot newer clean discovery 3 for that money.

The steering wheel is upside down too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭bear1

There is a thread by some lad who wants to buy a golf with a knackered engine for I think 3.7k so I'm thinking of telling him to go for that one.
    Fecking bargain that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

but that golf was drivin like new before he wrote it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

What worries me is how the seller highlights the fact that cartell check won't reveal it was crashed.

Long nct - nice bonus :)

Will pass the next one with flying colours...

Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭bear1

wonski wrote: »
    What worries me is how the seller highlights the fact that cartell check won't reveal it was crashed.

Madness.

Cheap tax though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

wonski wrote: »

Madness.

Must've slammed his head off the A-pillar when he crashed it the fool.
    The rear axle even looks way out of whack, that car is more twisted than the wife's bedroom antics after too much vodka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

If the chassis plates etc and logbook are intact that could be a cheap upgrade for a UK car or a stolen one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Crikey!
    It looks like they probably had to put the engine back in after the crash. Once they'd found it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah surely it's not even salvageable at this point. There is not a single side of the car that did not see damage.
    Sorry for being rough, but I wouldn't even expect interior to book not covered in blood.

Geometry of while car is so ****ed, that even with modern machines you won't restore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Ah surely it's not even salvageable at this point. There is not a single side of the car that did not see damage.
    Sorry for being rough, but I wouldn't even expect interior to book not covered in blood.

Geometry of while car is so ****ed, that even with modern machines you won't restore it.

I doubt there's any LEGIT use of that car, ringer fo'shizzle.
    I have a feeling I know where that is and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The golf is actually not to bad...

A tap of the hammer will get those few little dints out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The golf is actually not to bad...

A tap of the hammer will get those few little dints out.

maxresdefault.jpg

53205481.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-seize-14-stolen-vehicles-as-part-of-a-carjack-mob-probe-34540761.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I love this quote: "They have been running this multi-million euro operation for some time and it is for this reason that authorities moved.”

So, if you are a small size thief running a smaller operation, you're be fine - nobody will bother you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Hmmmm....Granard eh??!! Something about that place..... Can't quite think......

Id the very kane to know what it is about granard that you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

From the artice: A senior source explained: "I don't know whether it is greed or naivety but people were coming in and asking to buy vehicles they had seen online while gardai were swarming around the place on Monday."

Fookin hell, is there no stopping people? Asking to buy while guards are swarming the place, no wonder guys are at that when people are that gullible and willing to hand over money for a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Odelay wrote: »
    From the artice: A senior source explained: "I don't know whether it is greed or naivety but people were coming in and asking to buy vehicles they had seen online while gardai were swarming around the place on Monday."

Fookin hell, is there no stopping people? Asking to buy while guards are swarming the place, no wonder guys are at that when people are that gullible and willing to hand over money for a deal.
    You'll find people won't give a toss where the car / van comes from if they are getting a deal.
    Literally.
    People are naive though. When they ask for a service history and get a fax sheet that is so obviously copied or just made up....
    And, then they go "ah shur, that's grand". I'm saving a pile of cash on this deal.
    I've seen it with my own eyes - people become blind to these scams when they think they are getting a bargain.
    "But that's really cheap!!":confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

• Advertisement

This was in best skangermobiles before.
    Twice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

How many dislikes can we give that vid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What sort of moron does that to a bog standard diesel passat .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

LOL! a non turbo Chaser for €12,000:rolleyes:

Its not even the 2.5 litre version non turbo, its just the bog standard 138hp 2 litre, he would be lucky to get 3k for it. Also not NCTed.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-chaser/11717954

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

looks quite nice, bit like a camry with a body kit in that pic

looks quite nice, bit like a camry with a body kit in that pic

The car looks great IMO, but it is the performance vs price side that is all wrong. A turbo Manual is a 12k+ car not that, he is clearly dreaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

12k for the turbo is even too much. That yoke probably made €1500 in Japan. Only a moron would pay asking.

12k for the turbo is even too much. That yoke probably made €1500 in Japan. Only a moron would pay asking.

Nah most are going for 14k+, I will be selling mine soon. I was looking at importing a non turbo for parts and panels even the Japanese dont like the 2 litre versions, would cost 500 euro, if you were to import it then add 750 agent fee, 1000 shipping, 650 in customs and duty, 780 for VRT.

No where near the price he is looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like drifting

Does that make me a clown :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Autosport wrote: »
    I like drifting

Does that make me a clown :P

You said it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We can't all like the same things, it would be boring if we did :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Don't mind the bitter men, drifting is a laugh.

That car, for €2000 plus a 1UZ would be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭JC01

LOL! a non turbo Chaser for €12,000:rolleyes:

Its not even the 2.5 litre version non turbo, its just the bog standard 138hp 2 litre, he would be lucky to get 3k for it. Also not NCTed.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-chaser/11717954

Strikes me as someone who's made a huuuuuge mistake and is tryna scramble out of it.

Even the wording of it doesn't make sense, most people who even know what a chaser is give a toss about petrol, Tax prices etc.
    Thats gonna sell for 2.5 as a good conversion candidate or not at all.

There was a well modified diesel chaser up for sale for months and the poor lad couldn't shift it and that's with our love of diesels in this country :L

JC01 wrote: »
    Strikes me as someone who's made a huuuuuge mistake and is tryna scramble out of it.

Even the wording of it doesn't make sense, most people who even know what a chaser is give a toss about petrol
    Tax prices etc that's gonna sell for 2.5 as a good conversion candidate or not at all.

There was a well modified diesel chaser up for sale for months and the poor lad couldn't shift it and that's with our love of diesels in this country :L

That is what I was thinking. They probably thought they were getting a real bargain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement