Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

And if he tests it the price goes up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

YbFocus wrote: »
    Think I'll make a bold offer and see what he does :)

Imagine trying to clay and detar that yoke? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Nah most are going for 14k+, I will be selling mine soon. I was looking at importing a non turbo for parts and panels even the Japanese dont like the 2 litre versions, would cost 500 euro, if you were to import it then add 750 agent fee, 1000 shipping, 650 in customs and duty, 780 for VRT.

No where near the price he is looking.

14k+ on what planet??? :pac: the last Chaser I seen to make that money was a big spec one that took an age to sell. You'd import one and put it on the road for 10k theres not a prayer that most are going for 14k+

12k for that standard 2.0 one is one of the biggest dreamers I've ever seen on here. I've walked away from nicer 2.5 turbo ones for a lot less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

mullingar wrote: »

Crush it. Crush it now. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

Probably not too much of a dreamer pricewise given the price of Landcruisers, but he may be a dreamer when it comes to his own safety! Available for viewing somewhere on the M6.:D

https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/07-toyota-land-cruiser/11857814

53902961.jpeg

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

^^^ about the right money for what it is if it was a runner... But with a big bill for a pump on the way, plus I doubt it was minded in any way...

.. oh and he's baths!t crazy... What would possess you?

maybe the pump let go on the motorway and it's still there:D

Did he take those photos just after it had broken down? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

TrailerBob wrote: »
    maybe the pump let go on the motorway and it's still there:D
    Did he take those photos just after it had broken down? :D

Ye, that was my first thought too! Sort of like Basil Fawlty except instead of hitting it with a tree, he put it straight up on donedeal!:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-coupe-t20-1998-as-new/11968829

Tacky looking but low milage Fiat Coupe, seems a bit OTT to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

millington wrote: »
    Tacky looking but low milage Fiat Coupe, seems a bit OTT to me

I suspect he forgot a digit with that mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭bear1

He'd want to know at least 3k off that to get any sort of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

Johnny Cash is selling his bus but he must be still waiting for that 1st viewer to call to his "friends" garage as the ads 40 days old and the 1st to see will buy. though 90,000 miles or kms on the clock for a 27 year old bus cant be bad

https://www.donedeal.ie/coaches-for-sale/give-away-price-this-coach-drive-perfectly/11647729

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

21k Supra that's "very close 2 been concourse", "bone dry and no noices", and most importantly "its very orginal". Bargain.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-supra-2jz-twin-turbo-6-speed-manual/11564228

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

21k Supra that's "very close 2 been concourse", "bone dry and no noices", and most importantly "its very orginal". Bargain.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-supra-2jz-twin-turbo-6-speed-manual/11564228

Worth every penny of that these days. Nothing dreamer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭job seeker

That Supra is class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

rightly or wrongly, people tend to pay a lot for jap scrap

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

If it's the same car it was €29k a few months ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Hardly outrageous, consider that a pristine Skyline GTR from the same year will cost about 40-50 grand...

(:()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Only 84k its a kilometers clock converted to miles so id say Its only 70kms and 14k miles roughly
    I'm not convinced about his maths skills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hahahahahahahaa fcukin gas craic reading your posts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the clock was kms now miles. so there were 70kms on it, then it was swapped to count miles, and 14k miles have been put on it

so the car has done over 90k kms, but it currently reads 84km

I think that is what he is saying

Why? I think this is an estimate based on the last owners information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

At the risk of getting a warning here but I have to ask.

Are you just trolling or have you got some sort of mental imbalance?

Don't say something like that to him it goes straight to his head. He thinks he's winding everyone up but really he just disrupts enough threads with comments like that, that sometimes he gets a few replies and convinces himself he is le great troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭selectamatic

MGEz_NWEz_ZWVi_ZGIx_Yz_Qw_OWE4_ZGM2_ZDc1_YTgy_MTRk_MDKvq_Bdp.jpg
    free image uploading

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica/12028654

At the risk of over shadowing the trolls criticizing one of the greatest jap cars of the nineties I felt this was something deserving of a place in the dreamers thread although a case could be made for it to be in the skangermobiles thread too thanks to dodgy matte black paint job. A 3sfe celica for 4.5k now thats value :P (450 would be more like it so perhaps an extra 0?)

millington wrote: »
    Why? I think this is an estimate based on the last owners information

well no. if you take what he says at face value he is saying the clock was changed from miles to KM and the reading is somehow a mix of miles and KM. that makes NO sense.

And no mention of NCT or tax. Looks horrible, €450 would be too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

well no. if you take what he says at face value he is saying the clock was changed from miles to KM and the reading is somehow a mix of miles and KM. that makes NO sense.

Normally what's done is the clock itself won't be changed, but a conversion chip on the signal wire to the speedo effectively only sends 62% of the pulses through, meaning that where you once were showing 100kmph on the clocks when you were you were doing 100kmph, it would now show 62kmph on the dial. Usually they put a sticker over the "k"
    This also has the effect of making the speed where the Japanese limiter kicks in to be 180mph instead of 180kmph,
    I assume this is a Japanese car that came via the uk

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Normally what's done is the clock itself won't be changed, but a conversion chip on the signal wire to the speedo effectively only sends 62% of the pulses through, meaning that where you once were showing 100kmph on the clocks when you were you were doing 100kmph, it would now show 62kmph on the dial. Usually they put a sticker over the "k"
    This also has the effect of making the speed where the Japanese limiter kicks in to be 180mph instead of 180kmph,
    I assume this is a Japanese car that came via the uk

irrespective of how the clock was changed it doesnt show a mixture of miles and km.

• Advertisement

irrespective of how the clock was changed it doesnt show a mixture of miles and km.

the clock used to tick over every km. it was changed at 70k kms, to tick over every mile

therefore the 84k on the clock actually accounts for 90k+ kms

But it does though. The odometer would be a mixture of the kms put up before the chip was put in and then the kms put up x0.62

If you had a car with 100,000km on it, then you fitted the chip and did another 100,000km - the odometer reading would be 162,000

the clock used to tick over every km. it was changed at 70k kms, to tick over every mile

therefore the 84k on the clock actually accounts for 90k+ kms

you think they took a clock that showed 70,000 KM, changed the clock to miles, and then left the reading at 70,000? why would you do that?

That's generally what they used to do in the uk. Fit the chip and not change the odometer.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's generally what they used to do in the uk. Fit the chip and not change the odometer.

fair enough. seems a very strange thing to do. for a car with 70K you are basically adding 40K to the mileage.

These would generally be enthusiast owned and it would be taken for granted that that's what would be done. Owners usually hang on to the auction sheet etc,
    Not really a thing here in Ireland, even before kms came in, having km only speedo in a mph country was never a bother!

At the risk of getting a warning here but I have to ask.

Are you just trolling or have you got some sort of mental imbalance?

No mental imbalance. you would have to be a fool to pay 29k for a supra or even 21k

that is just my opinion

No mental imbalance. you would have to be a fool to pay 29k for a supra or even 21k

that is just my opinion

Yeah but you know nothing then.

My opinion of course but also the truth. The rarity of anything makes it increase.
    Except for trolls, nobody cares about trolls.

Actually on that note, i always imagine you are a young chap cos I'd hate if you were doing this at any decent age, that'd be very sad and you'd need to take a good luck at your life.

who's trolling? :confused:

• Advertisement

Some of those are not 2jz. They're not in nearly as good condition...oh and they're automatic. They don't even compare to the 21k one here in Ireland. Not to mention the Irish one is original and fsh.

Apples and oranges. And you've no idea what you're talking about.

automatic nonturbo
    automatic
    manual nonturbo
    automatic twin turbo for... 15k euros

so that would make a manual twin turbo with less miles and completely stock worth more than 15k euros. which reflects the listed price of 21k

First car - auto, non turbo

Second car - also auto, non turbo. Rusty n/s sill, ill fitting bumpers front and back etc etc

Third car - non turbo (+ a bit gaudy but thats just imo)

Fourth car - similarly like the third a bit gaudy but thats neither here nor there. Its still €15k plus VRT plus tax and everything else.

I guarantee you will be well into €20k with that bu the end of it all, and its still automatic.

I'm going there.

Power pants, you're a troll.

just have to agree to disagree

I bet the seller reduces it by another 8k

similar to all the knowledgeable ones on here believeing that the twin cam heap (with no engine) was worth every penny that seller was looking for and would be snapped up instantly.

• Advertisement

Do you not understand market prices? Demand for item = price goes up.
    This is basic man.

Yes, I am very familiar with that concept. man

We can all get excited about the car but until someone pays that money it is not the value of the car.

I wonder if anyone will buy it?

Im betting no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Yes, I am very familiar with that concept. man

We can all get excited about the car but until someone pays that money it is not the value of the car.

I wonder if anyone will buy it?

Im betting no

Personally I wouldn't pay that for it. But I know lads who have paid that and more for similar skylines. 21k may sound excessive to you but it's what it's worth. The same with that 20k twin cam that was on here a while back, would I pay that much for one, no, but someone in Cork did.

I would pay and appreciate a decent skyline is worth that type of prices and more all day long.

But not the supra

Also the twin cam I was referring to was a rusty shell, literally. just a shell lying in a farm yard but the experts on here argued it would be snapped up and go for big money.

think I pointed out it was not really a twin cam as there was no engine in it

The car did not sell and as far as Im aware still lying there.

But im a troll :rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement