Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4285304

a third of that price, if he's lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

^^^^ A bit saucy, but a cracking car.. And unmolested... OH had one a few years back.. best handler I've driven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

A crazy price alright and it's a dealer too I reckon.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    A crazy price alright and it's a dealer too I reckon.

yup, John Gale car sales. you'd wonder how a professional salesman could be so wrong with a price. its clearly not being sold as a "dealer car" aka, warranty, NCT etc and even if it was it'd still be expensive. kind of annoying.

3k for an 11 year old 1.6 tarty fiesta with no tax or test.

nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4517672

Although its not terribly clear I am assuming from his comment "NEW OR 2ND HAND RAD for nct" that the car is without a NCT. Hence if that is the case I believe a 2001 Mondeo with 168,000 miles on the clock deserves a place here, diesel or not.

What I think is really silly though is that he mentions its priced at €1,050 for weekend only and then will be going back up to €1,200. Then he has a price of €1,000 in the ad. Thats just being a silly begger if you ask me. I can't see him getting a grand for it without NCT (it would probably be a push with a NCT)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Whats the point of showing a photo of an expired NCT disc? Hardly going to encourage people to enquire about it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

dgt wrote: »
    the car needs pant job only

Think I need some new pants after seeing that ad lol!!! :D

For a 21 year old dayyysel hape, if it were a complete car itself with paint... It'd be only worth half that as a standard car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Some light assembly required :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »

The worrying thing is is that someone will probably pay that or close to it for a Jetta TDI that can be felted to the max.

:o

166man wrote: »
    The worrying thing is is that someone will probably pay that or close to it for a Jetta TDI that can be felted to the max.

Nope! Ripe for dubbing, stancing or ratting
    12042010492.jpg
    6668673457_ff70f714d7_b.jpg
    grafitti-vento.jpg

I hope it does fall into the right hands and another old car back on the road :)

As is, it's an overpriced hape...

how do you wash rust? what if he was behind a bin lorry on the m50 in january for half an hour and he gets his rust covered in muck?

how do you wash rust? what if he was behind a bin lorry on the m50 in january for half an hour and he gets his rust covered in muck?

Some laquer the rust....

166man wrote: »

That car is not a TDI though.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-cars-motorbikes-boats/starlet-for-swap/1754255

lol offered a swap for a broken computer and a buggy frame :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

http://www.adverts.ie/other-cars-motorbikes-boats/starlet-for-swap/1754255

lol offered a swap for a broken computer and a buggy frame :pac:

1.3 , 1 litre on the log book - just like every other boxy starlet in this country, a poorly modified death trap only fit for the scrappers.

1.3 , 1 litre on the log book - just like every other boxy starlet in this country, a poorly modified death trap only fit for the scrappers.

im not suggesting the car isn't shagged by any means :), its been badly abused. calling it a death trap may be a bit naive though, i mean it was no NCAP 5 star winner even when it was new a quarter of a century ago.

The mods on it are distasteful but aren't dangerous imo, The non declared engine conversion though is insurance fraud and tax evasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

im not suggesting the car isn't shagged by any means :), its been badly abused. calling it a death trap may be a bit naive though, i mean it was no NCAP 5 star winner even when it was new a quarter of a century ago.

I'd have serious safety concerns myself. Fine as a classic runabout but as an everyday car I'd feel so vulnerable in something like that. You would be made bits of in a collision with even modern superminis.
    Big part of why road deaths and injuries have dropped too, cars are infinitely safer...sorry for derailing the thread by the way!!

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    I'd have serious safety concerns myself. Fine as a classic runabout but as an everyday car I'd feel so vulnerable in something like that. You would be made bits of in a collision with even modern superminis.
    Big part of why road deaths and injuries have dropped too, cars are infinitely safer...sorry for derailing the thread by the way!!

i wonder did not many people buy them new because of "safety concerns". its very unfair to diss a 1988 car over its lack of security. i mean wasnt the whole world driving cars like that 20 years ago and getting along fine? i know by todays standards its a wet paper bag in comparison but anybody considering a "vintage" car has clearly already thought of this.

i wonder did not many people buy them new because of "safety concerns". its very unfair to diss a 1988 car over its lack of security. i mean wasnt the whole world driving cars like that 20 years ago and getting along fine? i know by todays standards its a wet paper bag in comparison but anybody considering a "vintage" car has clearly already thought of this.
    They were a lot safer than many of the competition at the time. The nissan micra of the time for example had sheetmetal so thin it was nearly transparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus, he needs a slap!

Ciano35 wrote: »
    it's a bit of a skangermobile aswel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I glanced at that and thought to myself 500 euro, what's the problem?
    5k!? Whatever drugs he is on I'd like to try them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,300 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Will be in the family another 10 years by the looks of it

Will be in the family another 10 years by the looks of it
    I know where it would be if i got hold of it!!!:pac:

2449167.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Not too bad for a starlet with 5 months test tbh

This discussion has been closed.