Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Not too bad for a starlet about 5 starlets held together with self tappers with 5 months test tbh

fixed your post :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Not that I agree with the price, but that's no standard Bora, no chance he'll get that money, but still. Plenty of work has gone into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

A true dreamer in cloud cookoo!! Who in there right mind would pay 7k for a undeclared engine converted old bora.

Not that I agree with the price, but that's no standard Bora, no chance he'll get that money, but still. Plenty of work has gone into that.
    Yes and the major work the seller has done, changing to a bigger engine is undeclared, so it's still legally only a 1.6 standard bora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    changing to a bigger engine is undeclared, so it's still legally only a 1.6 standard bora.

You mean its illegally a 1.6 standard Bora? You are most definately obliged to notify your insurer and revenue after changing the engine.

Me personally I'm not sure if I'd notify revenue. Parasites that they are would probably insist you pay additional VRT on top of a higher motor tax rate. I'd definatly be inclined to notify my insurer though. It would probably all be grand until you'd have an accident. Then you might find yourself up the creek without a paddle. Mind you I think most if not all insurance providers get their vehicle details from revenue now so not sure if its possible to notify one and not the other.

The car would be very unuseable on most of the secondary roads around this part of the country with the front bumber being that low. 228bhp out of a 1.8 VAG engine is some feat I reckon...reliability????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

for a 7k ad id like to see some pics of the interior and not pics from 200m away, fog lights as well would help it towards the 7k price they are looking for too

You mean its illegally a 1.6 standard Bora? You are most definately obliged to notify your insurer and revenue after changing the engine.

Me personally I'm not sure if I'd notify revenue. Parasites that they are would probably insist you pay additional VRT on top of a higher motor tax rate. I'd definatly be inclined to notify my insurer though. It would probably all be grand until you'd have an accident. Then you might find yourself up the creek without a paddle. Mind you I think most if not all insurance providers get their vehicle details from revenue now so not sure if its possible to notify one and not the other.

The car would be very unuseable on most of the secondary roads around this part of the country with the front bumber being that low. 228bhp out of a 1.8 VAG engine is some feat I reckon...reliability????
    Yes sorry that's actually what I meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sure the 1.8t in a tt is 225 anyway. I'm sure you'd get a tt or something for the same money

You'd get a fairly decent TT for that kind of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,013 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Sure the 1.8t in a tt is 225 anyway. I'm sure you'd get a tt or something for the same money

Not all TTs have 225bhp.

Worryingly though after all the work and remapping he done on the car he only found 18 extra ponies under the hood. :confused:

It might have low mileage and be pretty clean for the year but an asking price of almost €5k for a 1999 Mazda 323 which is out of test is just silly. Certainly deserves its place on the thread in my opinion

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4249827

It might have low mileage and be pretty clean for the year but an asking price of almost €5k for a 1999 Mazda 323 which is out of test is just silly. Certainly deserves its place on the thread in my opinion

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4249827
    It's been in here a few times already;) It's been for sale for nearly a decade at this stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

A true dreamer in cloud cookoo!! Who in there right mind would pay 7k for a undeclared engine converted old bora.

The dreamer found a buyer tho....a fool and his money and all that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

It's been in here a few times already;) It's been for sale for nearly a decade at this stage!!!

Dealer probably took it as a trade in and stands him nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Ok, so strictly speaking its not a vehicle being sold ...

BUT

1. Its in the car section on DD
    2. It relates to selling vehicles
    3. The guy has to be a serious dreamer if he thinks anyone is going to take him seriously with this jewel of an example of gramatical, punctuation and spelling errors :D
    i can come to ure address,photograph ure car,van,jeep tractor,truck.caravans,camper vans,classic and vintage....proffisionaly..word ure adds..answer ure emails,make appointments.for ure vehicle to b seen.take calls,,hassel free for u..if ure working,or just not good at selling.so if u would like to know more please phone ray,,0871458588,, if u seriosiouly want to sell it,,give me a call...advertized on 3 sites,,,so a good chance of selling ,,,,FAST,,,
    Did I miss any of the spelling errors there? :pac:

Can't even be bothered pointing out the other errors :P

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4570405

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

not a hope of getting 5600 for this http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4571206 you'd get a e60 for that money :rolleyes:

Theres more of a chance of me winning the lotto than this lad getting 9500 for this http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4567065

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Top Dog wrote: »
    Ok, so strictly speaking its not a vehicle being sold ...

BUT

1. Its in the car section on DD
    2. It relates to selling vehicles
    3. The guy has to be a serious dreamer if he thinks anyone is going to take him seriously with this jewel of an example of gramatical, punctuation and spelling errors :D

Did I miss any of the spelling errors there? :pac:

Can't even be bothered pointing out the other errors :P

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4570405

and after all that spiel, his photos are really nothing to write home about are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

SRFC wrote: »
    not a hope of getting 5600 for this http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4571206 you'd get a e60 for that money :rolleyes:

I had one of those phones back in the day, they were overpriced junk and all..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Theres more of a chance of me winning the lotto than this lad getting 9500 for this http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4567065

Overpriced but those are two gorgeous BMW's if they are genuine....

• Advertisement

No test pilots the seller says?:eek: Its a 2.0 litre diesel BMW. Get over yourself (car seller) for Christ sake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

No test pilots the seller says?:eek: Its a 2.0 litre diesel BMW. Get over yourself (car seller) for Christ sake

As soon as I read
    NO TIME WASTERS, TIRE KICKERS OR TEST PILOTS. NO TEXTS.

in an ad I think "Next!"
    Seller is obviously a crank, will give you guff and attitude, will probably get stroppy at questions and get offended when you check the car over. And that's before you've made him an offer, then he most likey will get abusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not even an m sport

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not even an m sport

That 3 Series does look to be a genuine M-Sport?

166man wrote: »
    That 3 Series does look to be a genuine M-Sport?

http://mywheels.ie/car-history-check/free-car-check-results/?VRN=04ww3785

Oops, missed that. Even still it's a very well kitted out one. It has everything that the M-Sport would have had exterior wise and interior wise as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

and after all that spiel, his photos are really nothing to write home about are they?
    Nope, though they're still better than a lot of the crap you see on DD. Pics at night, in fog, half a panel ... or no photos at all.

Saw one advert yesterday which read

Jeep

Good condition, running well. €1000 no offers.

And that was it. :eek: No manufacturer, model, year, engine, mileage, photos ... nothing!

Do any of these clowns ever actually get calls about such crap adverts? Personally I just scroll by when I see that poor a preview with no photos. :rolleyes:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Nope, though they're still better than a lot of the crap you see on DD. Pics at night, in fog, half a panel ... or no photos at all.

Saw one advert yesterday which read

Jeep

Good condition, running well. €1000 no offers.

And that was it. :eek: No manufacturer, model, year, engine, mileage, photos ... nothing!

Do any of these clowns ever actually get calls about such crap adverts? Personally I just scroll by when I see that poor a preview with no photos. :rolleyes:

+1

Unless I was searching for that particular car I'd normally scroll right past an ad with no photos..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

166man wrote: »
    Oops, missed that. Even still it's a very well kitted out one. It has everything that the M-Sport would have had exterior wise and interior wise as far as I can see.

The only interior photo I can see is the steering wheel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

ronaneire wrote: »
    The only interior photo I can see is the steering wheel?

That showed it had the carbon cube on the dash, and m-badge/MFSW leather etc. Would be interested to see if it has the right seats and headliner (anthracite). Also the m stripes in the door.

That guy is kidding himself on price however... I think he's over-valuing his sound system.

EDIT: Just spotted something on the outside that gives it away pretty quickly. The door handles are black... On M-Sport models they're colour matched. It's a fake, but not a terrible one ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement