Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Moneymaker wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-mk5-1-4-gt-tsi-170bhp/7546077

14k :pac:

Doesn't even bother to take decent photos.

Serious power? Those only accelerate if dropped off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Serious power? Those only accelerate if dropped off a cliff.

Are you sure you are not thinking of the n/a 1.4 80bhp? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

It doesn't look good for VW golf reliability, if all does things had to be replaced in a well looked after car with low mileage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Are you sure you are not thinking of the n/a 1.4 80bhp? ;)

Could possibly be. But still sceptical on "serious" power. Serious is putting the foot down and accidentally going past 200 km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

It doesn't look good for VW golf reliability, if all does things had to be replaced in a well looked after car with low mileage.

Thats what I was thinking! If he has spent €4k on servicing and maintenance this year alone then thats a car I would be steering well clear of...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

No close up photos either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Could possibly be. But still sceptical on "serious" power. Serious is putting the foot down and accidentally going past 200 km/h.

They're quick-ish..not like a GTI but a lot more poke than a base 1.4. Serious power isn't an accurate description nonetheless :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Sure chances are the car spent most of its time being driven to within an inch of its life. If the chain has been replaced at such low mileage surly that would suggest it was driven hard a lot when the engine was cold and the oil wasn't viscous enough to lubricate the chain correctly as it was not up to temperature or maybe it just wasn't serviced on time or with the correct grade oil. Even if it was priced right I'd say it would be a car to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Bpmull wrote: »
    Sure chances are the car spent most of its time being driven to within an inch of its life. If the chain has been replaced at such low mileage surly that would suggest it was driven hard a lot when the engine was cold and the oil wasn't viscous enough to lubricate the chain correctly as it was not up to temperature or maybe it just wasn't serviced on time or with the correct grade oil. Even if it was priced right I'd say it would be a car to avoid.

I see what you're saying but, on the other hand, it could just be a really troublesome Golf MarkV variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

coolbeans wrote: »
    I see what you're saying but, on the other hand, it could just be a really troublesome Golf MarkV variant.
    Id go with this too tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

UK Ebay, but this has got to be delusional.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321497375644

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

UK Ebay, but this has got to be delusional.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321497375644

A typo surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

1 offer......

unbelievable jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

A guy on a FB group I use has offered him £25 ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/BMW/5-Series/523-523I/62814066483999950/

This crowd always have ridiculously priced cars. Who in their right mind would pay this !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

OSI wrote: »
    Don't be too quick to slag the guy for poor maintenance. The twincharged 1.4 TSI is well known for causing a butt load of issues including throwing a rod and stretching the timing chain. They only made the twincharge for 3 years for good reason.

I thought they were still selling TSI's?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I thought they were still selling TSI's?

Not twin charged like that anymore. That particular version was discontinued and replaced with turbocharged only ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Did you not see that it was ***kitted*** and ***slammed*** and let's not forget ***TDI***. A bargain I'd say ;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Did you not see that it was ***kitted*** and ***slammed*** and let's not forget ***TDI***. A bargain I'd say ;)

How foolish of me! I hadn't got my idiot glasses on, a fine bargain indeed good sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

99% of kitted a4's and pisshats are so gaudy. i wouldn't be seen dead in that.

You an me both, it's a local yoke so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

"Lady owner" :pac:

When did VAG cars become the marque of choice to skangerise amongst the particular demographic that's partial to that nonsense? It was always 306s and the like back when I was in school iirc.

cson wrote: »

When did VAG cars become the marque of choice to skangerise amongst the particular demographic that's partial to that nonsense? It was always 306s and the like back when I was in school iirc.

Oh no a girl does drive it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Nct till 2015!!!!
    So the NCT doesn't expire within the next 4 months. This amazing, incredible fact is apparently worth no fewer than 4 exclamation marks, one per month perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Seeing lady owner automatically springs the following to mind....
    It's never/rarely been checked for oil
    The alloys will be badly Kerbed
    There'll literally be a years supply of bobby clips lying in the most random places

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

There'll literally be a years supply of bobby clips lying in the most random places

As a lady driver I do check the oil, don't use bobby pins, alloys are perfect as some of us females can actually park :P
    Generalisation much :P

Been awhile since you and I were in school so it's all Audi's and BMW's now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah based on my experiences in cars with members of the fairer sex, I'd probably consider "Lady Owner" to be a negative tbh! :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah based on my experiences in cars with members of the fairer sex, I'd probably consider "Lady Owner" to be a negative tbh! :pac:

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement