Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It is? Wow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Sadly, them yokes make good coin ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    So, for the low price of nearly 5000, you can own a badly photographed dayyyysul Golf with **** all NCT.

But it's an "Annervesary" edition lad.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-gti-tdi-25th-annervesary-edition/7605506

Jesus wept.

In fairness the Anni model is a nice bit of kit,it's sort of the car the MK4 GTI never was in that it has 312mm brakes (same brakes as the MK5 GTI,S3 etc) as standard and a slightly better spring/shock set up, marry that to the bespoke BBS wheels,headlights,seats and black headliner and you have a nice car - i'd buy a 1.8T one over a TDI one though personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

10391387_709299429125490_2439017857863618646_n.jpg?oh=68c8b8a588a8d6da0fd196d6fb98ae97&oe=5497EFB9&__gda__=1419165192_fed7cdd930efbac6f19df9083995271f

EDIT: Got it off facebook.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

On sale since 2012, those are the same photos. Even then it was overpriced (and nearer €6k!!!)

I'd say a lot will needed to be done to get that working right again, between damp and perishing rubbers let alone all fluids and belts changed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In fairness, a VERY nice 406, but still crazy money. I would love to get back in to a nice solid 406. Fantastic cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Two lady owners since new."Call Paddy".:) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I know Corolla's are loved on boards but Jesus the price of that for a 99 Auto

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-4-v-vti-1999/7546050

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I wouldn't say they're a dreamer in fairness. Maybe slightly optimistic.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Looks clean enough to me. Stick it up for 1250, take a grand. Nothing wrong with that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

priced correctly imo. very low mileage, higher spec and full NCT. looks like a clean car.

you'd get the best part of €2k for a 99 3dr hatch and still see over €1k for a clean saloon.

the owner should advertise is as a 1.3 (which it is), not a 1.4, which is sometimes seen as an inferior engine.

I wouldnt pay more than 700 for it, I know Corolla's are almost bullet proof but theres better out there 1000-1250

Ill put it this way, if it was me selling it Id be advertising it at 1250 and seeing what bites. It might mean waiting and reducing the price if its doesnt sell, but its really not that ridiculous a price for that car.

I wouldnt pay more than 700 for it, I know Corolla's are almost bullet proof but theres better out there 1000-1250

go on then, find a low mileage, reliable, 4 door saloon, under 1.6 with an autobox and fresh NCT for less than €1k and post it up :)

No dreamer to be seen here.

go on then, find a low mileage, reliable, 4 door saloon, under 1.6 with an autobox and fresh NCT for less than €1k and post it up :)

1.5 Almera http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/7556533

Cheaper Corolla http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/selling/7593499

Plenty out there and thats just 4 doors on engines similar to the original link.

Ive gotten better bargains as well, 1.6 Levin with a years NCT 800, 1.4 Civic years nct 750 both Auto both gave me great usage.

the almera looks clean i'l give you that, but we're splitting hairs over €950 vs €1250. but being a japanese import i'd say some insurers would make you sorry for that and you could also wake up one morning and find it gone. it's also a generation older than the corolla, didn't those almeras hit the road in 94?

that second corolla is ****ed. door trim missing, front badge missing and some "interesting" panel gaps around the front end and the front bumper is c/c'd and the rear isn't, i'd say it's seen a slap. much lower spec than the saloon and a year older. not really a contender, in my eyes anyway.

the almera looks clean i'l give you that, but we're splitting hairs over €950 vs €1250. but being a japanese import i'd say some insurers would make you sorry for that and you could also wake up one morning and find it gone. it's also a generation older than the corolla, didn't those almeras hit the road in 94?

that second corolla is ****ed. door trim missing, front badge missing and some "interesting" panel gaps around the front end and the front bumper is c/c'd and the rear isn't, i'd say it's seen a slap. much lower spec than the saloon and a year older. not really a contender, in my eyes anyway.

Agree on the 2nd was only having a quick find and link, I PERSONALLY believe its over priced although I accept they are great cars and they will probably get 1000 but ive seen better for less and as I said bought for less.

• Advertisement

Someone will pay close to that price though.

Therefore it doesn't belong here.

Only cars that NO ONE of sound mind would buy belong here.

Someone will pay close to that price though.

Therefore it doesn't belong here.

Only cars that NO ONE of sound mind would buy belong here.

Yes sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Not even close to a dreamer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Agree on the 2nd was only having a quick find and link, I PERSONALLY believe its over priced although I accept they are great cars and they will probably get 1000 but ive seen better for less and as I said bought for less.

That corolla is better than the 2 cars you posted above and it's only very slightly more expensive.

Just because you wouldn't pay a certain amount for a car, it doesn't mean that others won't or that the car is overpriced. :)

You say you can get better for less but you haven't provided any evidence of that so far. still I fail to see how it makes that corolla overpriced though.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Not even close to a dreamer tbh.
    JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    That corolla is better than the 2 cars you posted above and it's only very slightly more expensive.

Just because you wouldn't pay a certain amount for a car, it doesn't mean that others won't or that the car is overpriced. :)

You say you can get better for less but you haven't provided any evidence of that so far. still I fail to see how it makes that corolla overpriced though.

2 posts in 13 minutes did I touch a nerve? The bit I highlighted is in your opinion we are all entitled to ours, sure at least the cars I bought had tyres that were pumped up (2nd pic front tyre looks flat enough) :rolleyes:

And how can I prove I bought better for less when the ads are clearly well gone, I'm sure there are cheaper and Manual Corolla's out there too.

We can argue the semantics all day, but the bottom line is that at best it is priced at the upper end of whats its worth, and even if it is overpriced by a couple of hundred quid, it doesnt even remotely compare to some of the nonsense in this thread, where we see cars valued at thousands more than they are worth...

djimi wrote: »
    We can argue the semantics all day, but the bottom line is that at best it is priced at the upper end of whats its worth, and even if it is overpriced by a couple of hundred quid, it doesnt even remotely compare to some of the nonsense in this thread, where we see cars valued at thousands more than they are worth...

Grand we can agree its over-priced but not dreamernomics.

Grand we can agree its over-priced but not dreamernomics.

Nope :pac:

djimi wrote: »
    Nope :pac:

11_AgnesSkinner.gif

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Pristine, best in the country

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-tt-225-quatro-needs-engine/7311363

Needs engine..,€2,200

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement