Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Kamili wrote: »
    Pristine, best in the country

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-tt-225-quatro-needs-engine/7311363

Needs engine..,€2,200

I wonder did he get a Civic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Needs engine..,€2,200

Spent 5k and its still not fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Needs engine..,€2,200
    I have spent over 5000 on this car in recent weeks. I have a receipt here for the mechanics labor at over ?1400 alone!

So basically he's ragged the jaysus out of it, and he has the cheek to call it the best in the country, with a blown engine?

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

They're both idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Are audi the new Alfa...chewing up engines like no tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Mileage high. Any chance of a figure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Needs engine..,€2,200

I think that same ad was up a few months back as well; I seem to remember a "pristine" TT with a blown engine at some point a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

djimi wrote: »
    I think that same ad was up a few months back as well; I seem to remember a "pristine" TT with a blown engine at some point a while back.

Ya, me too, was that same one. Back around April time if I'm not mistaken.

Ya, me too, was that same one. Back around April time if I'm not mistaken.

Quite possibly.. Now that you mention it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

wheeler dealers did a tt on monday night. 1500 GBP for a running tt, issues were no 1st or 2nd gear, (fixed by ed), and some clouded headlamps.

they were at least running

mossym wrote: »
    wheeler dealers did a tt on monday night. 1500 GBP for a running tt, issues were no 1st or 2nd gear, (fixed by ed), and some clouded headlamps.

they were at least running

Anyone know what they are like as a daily driver? Kinda considering one. Would prefer the 225... But I might be the dreamer at the money I have to spend..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Anyone know what they are like as a daily driver? Kinda considering one. Would prefer the 225... But I might be the dreamer at the money I have to spend..

Just a petrol golf underneath, so ok-ish if you get one that had some sort of maintenance. Cheap ones with no service history are waste of time imho. Up the budget, and buy a nice one with lotsof history.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Just a petrol golf underneath, so ok-ish if you get one that had some sort of maintenance. Cheap ones with no service history are waste of time imho. Up the budget, and buy a nice one with lotsof history.

Might just by a bangernomics and save a bit so :)
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

Given it's nearly 4000 more then the next most expensive example, I think it definitely goes well into dreamer range.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

But it's automatic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

MidlandsM wrote: »

They actually share very few parts with a Golf. They are a car that needs same lot of maintenance. A bad one will put you in the poor house. Even a good one will cost a few quid to keep on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

how can an audi tt be like a golf, people in Ireland brainwashed by tdi golfs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

They actually share very few parts with a Golf. They are a car that needs same lot of maintenance. A bad one will put you in the poor house. Even a good one will cost a few quid to keep on the road.

yeah, thats why many cheap ones are about, they can be a false economy with the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Hachiko wrote: »
    how can an audi tt be like a golf, people in Ireland brainwashed by tdi golfs

But sure don't you know, the engines were used in the space shuttles? They're deadly like! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

Timooo_23 wrote: »

It's a Shinka special edition. Most RX8's in Ireland are the bog standard 192s, not even many 231s about. Almost all the ones on DD are knackered 192s. A Shinka is worth well above what a knackered 192 is worth.

Whats different about a Shinka edition?

The Shinka was built as more of a Grant Tourer. It has a different suspension and there are a few custom suspension bits on it if I remember correctly. Other than that it has all the added luxury items available at the time. Auto & cruise control, fully electric and very adjustable seats, the xeons and naturally the integrated GPS unit. Other than that there are a load of details, like trim pieces in leather rather than PVC etc, some of the chrome bits are colour coded.

It's a really nice motor. In the local climate I'd say he's a bit or a dreamer as most people will compare it to the bog standard 192 with a shot engine.

It's still way overpriced imo.

dantastic wrote: »
    The Shinka was built as more of a Grant Tourer. It has a different suspension and there are a few custom suspension bits on it if I remember correctly. Other than that it has all the added luxury items available at the time. Auto & cruise control, fully electric and very adjustable seats, the xeons and naturally the integrated GPS unit. Other than that there are a load of details, like trim pieces in leather rather than PVC etc, some of the chrome bits are colour coded.

It's a really nice motor. In the local climate I'd say he's a bit or a dreamer as most people will compare it to the bog standard 192 with a shot engine.

Just reading up on them there; only a couple of thousand of them made and most of them went to North America by the looks of it, so Id say its pretty rare to find one in RHD?

Most of what didn't go to the US ended up in the UK and Japan so there are RHDs around. But like you say, they are rare.
    If you were going to save one for the future, this would be a candidate.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/k20-ek9-civicdeposit-taken/7544134

Im posting this more so to ask the question if its a dreamer? 1999 EK9 Civic with a K20 engine for €10k. Do they really fetch that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

djimi wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/k20-ek9-civicdeposit-taken/7544134

Im posting this more so to ask the question if its a dreamer? 1999 EK9 Civic with a K20 engine for €10k. Do they really fetch that much?

Well, deposit taken so yes!

• Advertisement

I took that to mean that they would take a deposit :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement