Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

djimi wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/k20-ek9-civicdeposit-taken/7544134

Im posting this more so to ask the question if its a dreamer? 1999 EK9 Civic with a K20 engine for €10k. Do they really fetch that much?

Cartell says it's a 1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Cartell says it's a 1.6

Never updated the log book id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Cartell says it's a 1.6

Its a K20 transplant. Given the level of modification I doubt the owner informed anyone of the changes made :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

you'd see clean standard ek's making €6k ish. i reckon it's worth it. one of those rare instances where an engine transplant actually increases the value. i mean bare k20 engines go for over €1k don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Really? I didn't realise EKs went for so much.

I did some looking and Icetronix charge something like €4k for a K20 transplant so I guess that car is on the money price wise.

I'd love to drive one; a civic with a k20 (at least i presume that's what it was) left my dc2 for absolute dead away from traffic lights a while back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

A 23 year old 1.2 corsa tastefully finished in house paint for 650 Euro
    corsa

djimi wrote: »
    Really? I didn't realise EKs went for so much.

I did some looking and Icetronix charge something like €4k for a K20 transplant so I guess that car is on the money price wise.

I'd love to drive one; a civic with a k20 (at least i presume that's what it was) left my dc2 for absolute dead away from traffic lights a while back!

an ek9 i should have stated. i suppose its like most things, a lot have been wrecked at this stage so clean examples are rising in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

€12k for a 22 year old Toyota F355 ;)

33520256.jpeg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The horror! The wheel arches look horrendous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

h3000 wrote: »
    €12k for a 22 year old Toyota F355 ;)

33520256.jpeg

Doesn't even mention what engine is in it or anything important like NCT or tax etc.. I know it's 2.0 litre but is it a turbo. You don't want to be driving around in your pretend ferrari and get left behind by a TDi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

over 19k sterling spent on it to get it to where it is
    ....he probably has a glass of wine every night rocking back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

19k stg would get a dacent enough porsche...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

you'd see clean standard ek's making €6k ish. i reckon it's worth it. one of those rare instances where an engine transplant actually increases the value. i mean bare k20 engines go for over €1k don't they?

For 10k it doesn't exactly have the best bits you could put on a k20.

No RBC, k100 instead of a kpro and a AEM induction kit instead of a tegiwa/GruppeM.

I've seen better specced k20 civics sell for less so wouldn't agree with the price to be honest.

The log book issue is also something I would not like having to deal with. If you meet a Garda who knows what to look for, you'd be ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In fairness that K20 looks fantastic and I always had respect and secret love to k20 ek9s. I dont even know if asking 10k for it is in dreamer category.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

nice example, but jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

If that yoke is in county Cork then it will sell at close to that price I'd say, people seem to have a mad horn for them down here.

Still a huge dreamer though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

ANYONE describing this car as a stunner is already deluded. I didn't read past that word.
    A Ferrari or a Lambo are stunning cars, not an ancient Jap crapbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

But its got electric windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

colm_mcm wrote: »
    But its got electric windows

And some fake walnut dash and even a/c. Sure that has to be nearly 1900 euros worth there alone :pac:

When the ad said stunner like it was something amazing I just thought of cruising down the town some how I don't think you'd get to many jealous looks from people as that word insinuates you would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Bpmull wrote: »
    even a/c.

ICE COLD a/c!

Something desperately needed in this country...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Didn't know where this should go but I'm just in aw that someone decided to put a straight diesel in this! Surely he could have gotten a Glanza engine

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7312034
    1995 GT STARLET DIESEL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7790401

70 grand.... 70!!!!!!

Connollys bought this at auction 2 weeks ago for €40k... Trying to flip it for nearly 30 grand profit. It's a seriously good example but holy fcuk the price is on a different plane of existence.... I give up

Didn't know where this should go but I'm just in aw that someone decided to put a straight diesel in this! Surely he could have gotten a Glanza engine

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7312034
    1995 GT STARLET DIESEL

yeah, but they added so much value ripping out the original engine and placing a dayysul into it, she'll do 60 to the gallon now lad!
    What a dingbat. Car is practically worthless now.

yeah, but they added so much value ripping out the original engine and placing a dayysul into it, she'll do 60 to the gallon now lad!

young lads will get a stiffy for it now it's diesel, but in fairless a fairly stock turbo petrol model will do 40-45mpg if you drive it any way reservedly, sacrafising 70bhp (almost 50% of the cars power) for the sake of 15mpg seems crazy, not to mention the more expensive tax and explaining to insurers about some obscure engine swap.

that car seems to have been pretty much constantly for sale for the last 6 months. everyone must buy it, then feel disappointed. dearest i seen it was for €3200 in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

soon they will put daysul into accord and civic type r's

laaaaaaad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

TrailerBob wrote: »

70 grand.... 70!!!!!!

Connollys bought this at auction 2 weeks ago for €40k... Trying to flip it for nearly 30 grand profit. It's a seriously good example but holy fcuk the price is on a different plane of existence.... I give up

But it's had a 60 point health check that has to be worth 30k there straight away :pac:
    It's hard to see anyone having 70k to throw at it. But I suppose they wouldn't have bought it if they didn't think there was some market for it.

Bpmull wrote: »
    But it's had a 60 point health check that has to be worth 30k there straight away :pac:
    It's hard to see anyone having 70k to throw at it. But I suppose they wouldn't have bought it if they didn't think there was some market for it.

They think its 2006 again, where Irish people would buy a classic car in the UK for 600 pound and sell it here for €2k. Then people in housing estates would park them in rhe rain and wonder why there was only a puddle of rust left a year later.
    I'd say Ireland was responsible for the destruction of thousands of classic cars in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

TrailerBob wrote: »

70 grand.... 70!!!!!!

I can't post a link from my phone, but they're also selling an old 2.8 S class Merc for 14k!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Don't know where else to put this

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7561269
    MERCDES s280 1998 bulletproof windows
    BULLETPROOF WINDOWS
    or double glazed for the not thick people amongst us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement