Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

DakarVert wrote: »
    It's €300.... Says so in the ad. ;)

Still relevant to this thread for that price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

discodavie wrote: »

Very good condition pre accident

Always cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Car is still starting & driving

Ha sound like great fun.

''Tis but a scratch!''

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

shabalala wrote: »

Was thinking to myself "looks like a nice clean example of a supra", then I saw the price :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

shabalala wrote: »

Yeah, the old "call her vintage and add a zero" gag. never gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I was offered one of those for 300e a few years ago...

To be fair, if they're looked after (99% aren't) they're worth a bit but nowhere near what that lad is asking.

The mark iv is more sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

He is Russian, I think :pac:

Lithuanian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Yeah, the old "call her vintage and add a zero" gag. never gets old.

I think its bemusing enough the way he mentions its totally original except the CD yet he also mentions its got xenon bulbs; a custom paint job ; clear glass wrap around indicator and it would also seem apparent its got aftermarket wheels- if not they are certainly painted.

I would seem like a lot of work and care went into it but I reckon theres a higher chance of hell freezing over than him getting anything near 24k sterling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/toyota-starlet-starlet-van/8286199

i can't see that selling unless he drops the zero.

clean yeah, mega low mileage too, but who in their right mind would.

what would you do with it, there are far more interesting "classics" out there if you have €3k to spend and if you want a starlet to carry a hape of tools in the back of, you'l buy one for €500 and it'l be just as reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

what would you do with it, there are far more interesting "classics" out there if you have €3k to spend and if you want a starlet to carry a hape of tools in the back of, you'l buy one for €500 and it'l be just as reliable.

Seriously Expensive yes. But that's seriously clean for its age. Surly you'll get someone that's into starlets that would pay over 2k for that maybe I'm wrong. Would you get them as clean and original as that one easily I wouldn't have thought so. But I know literally nothing about starlets so maybe they are easier to get than I'm thinking.

Bpmull wrote: »
    Seriously Expensive yes. But that's seriously clean for its age. Surly you'll get someone that's into starlets that would pay over 2k for that maybe I'm wrong. Would you get them as clean and original as that one easily I wouldn't have thought so. But I know literally nothing about starlets so maybe they are easier to get than I'm thinking.

it is very rare in that format yeah, that age, being a van, that colour and that mileage.

i'd be a big starlet fan, a huge starlet fan, but you'd have to prize 3k from my cold dead hands. unless i was a millionaire and i just didn't give two ****s or something :pac:.

in fact a starlet van is an integral piece of Irish heritage i'd have to say :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I know it's mad money but I'd love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

I think its bemusing enough the way he mentions its totally original except the CD yet he also mentions its got xenon bulbs; a custom paint job ; clear glass wrap around indicator and it would also seem apparent its got aftermarket wheels- if not they are certainly painted.

I would seem like a lot of work and care went into it but I reckon theres a higher chance of hell freezing over than him getting anything near 24k sterling for it.

Its a typo.He's looking for £2450

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Not really a dreamer. People should be rewarded for minding cars like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That's really clean but wow, Darraghmh91 payed less for his GT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

That starlet is ridiculously clean for its age but it says in the ad completely restored!? So it may have been in bits until someone fixed it up, not that's it's remained in such good condition since 1990?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I reckon by restored they mean they serviced/belted it and did fixed whatever was needed. Maybe did the sills as they look seriously clean for a car of that age. Either way, they preserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

bladebrew wrote: »
    That starlet is ridiculously clean for its age but it says in the ad completely restored!? So it may have been in bits until someone fixed it up, not that's it's remained in such good condition since 1990?

Does it matter which way it's happened?

I get original, no restoration and petina on cars that are 50+ but on a standard starlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Ah no don't get me wrong I'm delighted to see a car like that's still running, I just wonder why it says completely restored, I would love to know more about it, mental low mileage for that year aswell, 1000 ish miles a year.

• Advertisement

"completely restored serviced and valeted"

is closer to reality i'd say. looks like it's seen a very thorough valet and maybe a service and timing belt.

those starlets aren't very prone to rust, particularly in comparison to their early 90's counterparts like say a mk3 fiesta. it's conceivable that it has made it to this point in it's life having been relatively poorly maintained and is still rust free.

vandriver wrote: »
    Its a typo.He's looking for £2450

How do you know that vandriver - did you contact seller?

If it is a typo it would be a very good idea for him to edit the ad. Mind you if he is asking 2,450 GBP it might not be too bad at that money...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

How do you know that vandriver - did you contact seller?

If it is a typo it would be a very good idea for him to edit the ad. Mind you if he is asking 2,450 GBP it might not be too bad at that money...
    Yeah,contacted him through DD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

A '00 Astra, yours for only €2,500 :eek:

In all fairness though it must be worth every penny, as he says in the add: "This car is probably the best one for sale on here as it's been so well looked after"

http://www.adverts.ie/car/opel/astra/2000-opel-astra-for-sale/7054591

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just testing the water no stupid offers!

b6488ee3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Col200sx wrote: »

In all fairness though it must be worth every penny, as he says in the add: "This car is probably the best one for sale on here as it's been so well looked after"

It's only got 156000 miles on it and Astras should be good for 160, but not a lot more.

Col200sx wrote: »

I'm guessing your comment is a factitious one but if not you do realise that Astra has 154k miles on the clock and the engine warning light is on. Worth nothing near €2,500 in my opinion. I'd say the water he is testing will be on the cold side....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm guessing your comment is a factitious one but if not you do realise that Astra has 154k miles on the clock and the engine warning light is on. Worth nothing near €2,500 in my opinion. I'd say the water he is testing will be on the cold side....

The car isn't running. The engine management light may very well go out when it is started.

Quazzie wrote: »
    The car isn't running. The engine management light may very well go out when it is started.

I spotted that. My comment was based on the fact that I don't believe it comes on in my own car being a Toyota when engine is not running. Opels may be different. I cant recall from the time I had the Vectra..

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530d-manuel/8207658

I like the colour and the rims but the car to a small extent has being scangerised if you ask me. A manky well worn looking cloth interior and only 2/3 months NCT. No mention of mileage so fair to assume its high. At the money hes asking he must be having a laugh...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement