Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I spotted that. My comment was based on the fact that I don't believe it comes on in my own car being a Toyota when engine is not running. Opels may be different. I cant recall from the time I had the Vectra..

Nissan Almera's have the engine light on until you start the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

rizzodun wrote: »
    Nissan Almera's have the engine light on until you start the car.

Ah ok, differs from car to car so it seems. Either way re that Astra, while there are bigger dreamers cars posted whose asking prices are further of the scale I see the Astra as being substancially overpriced. Had a 1999 Vectra myself for a few years, bought with about 67k on it as I recall and despite minding it well it gave a lot of trouble from about 150k miles onwards, It seemed to be one thing after another with it and all expensive jobs until someone ran into the back of me and totalled it at around 162k miles. Them ecotec petrol opels from that era are at best moderate cars if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530d-manuel/8207658

I like the colour and the rims but the car to a small extent has being scangerised if you ask me. A manky well worn looking cloth interior and only 2/3 months NCT. No mention of mileage so fair to assume its high. At the money hes asking he must be having a laugh...

And is from Donegal,prob ragged to within an inch of its life.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I like the colour and the rims but the car to a small extent has being scangerised if you ask me. A manky well worn looking cloth interior and only 2/3 months NCT. No mention of mileage so fair to assume its high. At the money hes asking he must be having a laugh...

I'm surprised there is a phone number in this ad, looks like the seller hates using them numbers. And when he does, they are all wrong:D

Ad itself is so bad I can't even comment on it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

What sticks out is he says its on 525 tax, so looks like undeclared engine swap? Oh yes, not dodgy at all.
    And why should it matter that it was owned by Manuel before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

He's selling it with "out wheels" whatever "out wheels" are?

He's selling it with "out wheels" whatever "out wheels" are?

I think the in wheels are for around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Ha :pac:

I can't wait to sell my car.

I'll throw in every easter egg i can:

''testing the water'' with a mandatory shot of the car in water.
    ''No Time wasters/tyre kickers/mothers uncles''
    ''May p/x with a tree"
    "Mint!" posted everywhere, even have a cardboard cut-out in each photo.
    Blank out the reg plates while taking up-close and personal pictures of the NCT Disc.
    Mandatory picture of car in field.

"It'd be sure to sell laaaad" :D

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Ha :pac:

I can't wait to sell my car.

I'll throw in every easter egg i can:

''testing the water'' with a mandatory shot of the car in water.
    ''No Time wasters/tyre kickers/mothers uncles''
    ''May p/x with a tree"
    "Mint!" posted everywhere, even have a cardboard cut-out in each photo.
    Blank out the reg plates while taking up-close and personal pictures of the NCT Disc.
    Mandatory picture of car in field.

"It'd be sure to sell laaaad" :D

Don't forget: no cash no drive, I'm not lonely, so not looking for a chat, l@@k!!! and car was mint before the crash. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Taylor365 wrote: »
    ...."It'd be sure to sell laaaad" :D

It'll only sell once you chop the springs and put on cheap replica aftermarket 19'' rims.
    Don't forget: no cash no drive, I'm not lonely, so not looking for a chat, l@@k!!! and car was mint before the crash. biggrin.png

And of course at the end of the ad....

altezza,glanza,golf,passat,tdi,vtec,tractor,skyline,van,civic,accord,cdti,306,hdi,almera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

altezza,glanza,golf,passat,tdi,vtec,tractor,skyline,van,civic,accord,cdti,306,hdi,almera

Usually with 'search' or 'ignore' before the list

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

BMW 530d Manuel

post-1-0-51270200-1358283220.jpg

It'll only sell once you chop the springs and put on cheap replica aftermarket 19'' rims.

AND DON'T FORGET ALL CAPS SHOUTING!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I know it's pretty much only got delivery miles on it, but £4k for a 1994 Panda

http://www.allwoodautos.co.uk/used-cars/fiat-panda-1-0-fizz-ltd-edn-3dr-waltham-cross-201412189716672

fiat-panda-hatchback-1-0-fizz-ltd-edn-3dr-972b0230b514eb43356308361a0edc73-640x480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

boombang wrote: »
    Panda

Standard Features - GLASS SUNROOF, GLASS WINDOWS, RUBBER TYRES, WIND UP WINDOWS

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Them ecotec petrol opels from that era are at best moderate cars if you ask me.

Would tend to agree with you on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

http://www.hursleyhillgarage.co.uk/showroom

2002 called, they want their prices back...

sblythe wrote: »
    http://www.hursleyhillgarage.co.uk/showroom

2002 called, they want their prices back...

Every single one a gem. Maybe they haven't updated the website in a few years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I think still think they are selling new mg and rovers there certainly not that far of the new prices for 2008 cars :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/8349074
    I know it claims to have fairly low mileage, but nearly €3k for a '98 micra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

3k would get you a nice Yaris which is a much safer, more modern and nicer car than a k11 Micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    Looking at the service book as in the pic - the next service was due in 2012! :eek:

Why do people think that just because they're not driving a car it doesn't need to be serviced and looked after? :rolleyes:

My mother in law's '04 Panda has just under 35k on it now - still gets serviced anually and has had timing belt done too. She wouldn't have a clue about cars, but she still knows to get it taken care of.

Top Dog wrote: »
    Looking at the service book as in the pic - the next service was due in 2012! :eek:

Why do people think that just because they're not driving a car it doesn't need to be serviced and looked after? :rolleyes:

My mother in law's '04 Panda has just under 35k on it now - still gets serviced anually and has had timing belt done too. She wouldn't have a clue about cars, but she still knows to get it taken care of.
    Waste of time and money servicing a car if it's parked up and not in use. If it's in use though but not reaching it's service intervals via mileage then I agree with you regarding servicing annually.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Waste of time and money servicing a car if it's parked up and not in use. If it's in use though but not reaching it's service intervals via mileage then I agree with you regarding servicing annually.
    Surely its the exact opposite where the likes of belts, tyres and oils degrade from lack of use? Hardly going to break the bank to have an oil-change and get the car looked over every so often?

Put it this way - if I was buying and it hadn't been serviced in 3 years then the first thing I'd be doing is swapping out all belts, all tyres and fresh oil. Could be quite an expense on a just purchased car (relatively speaking).

But then again - maybe I'm in the minority.

Surely its the exact opposite where the likes of belts, tyres and oils degrade from lack of use? Hardly going to break the bank to have an oil-change and get the car looked over every so often?

Put it this way - if I was buying and it hadn't been serviced in 3 years then the first thing I'd be doing is swapping out all belts, all tyres and fresh oil. Could be quite an expense on a just purchased car (relatively speaking).

But then again - maybe I'm in the minority.
    I'd just change all those items before I'd put it back on the road. Why bother changing them if they are only going to waste in a parked up car?

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I'd just change all those items before I'd put it back on the road. Why bother changing them if they are only going to waste in a parked up car?
    I think we're kinda saying the same thing but in a different way. :D

My point was that it isn't just expensive at 3k, but if you're going to be putting it on the road then there's another bit of money to be put into it to have it safe which ultimately would make it an even more expensive car to buy and use. ;)

I think we're kinda saying the same thing but in a different way. :D

My point was that it isn't just expensive at 3k, but if you're going to be putting it on the road then there's another bit of money to be put into it to have it safe which ultimately would make it an even more expensive car to buy and use. ;)
    Sorry I picked you up wrong there :) I agree with what you say above 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Looks nice, but too many zeros in the price...

Linky

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »
    Looks nice, but too many zeros in the price...

Linky

As soon as I see "No Time Wasters" I want to text them and offer them 10 quid and a half eaten sandwich.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement