Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DraganGTD

Owner is literally on crack

On a good crack lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Yeah easy enough done, my 530d was down as the same when I had it. Still insured and on the book as a 530d just engine size was down as 1995cc.

How would you go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Cheensbo wrote: »

If he thought he'd recoup all the money and more that he spent on servicing and maintenance recently he really needs to get up to speed with the second hand car market.

It does seem a nice clean example with low mileage for the year and no doubt its capable of reeling off many more but if Darren reckons he'll get anything near €4k for it he must be half away with the fairies!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

€1500 absolute tops, after he finds someone mental enough to even pay that

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-corsa-pick-up-x2/8743065?offset=22
    38254918.jpeg

Just cut the back off me Corsa and drive through Halfords...now worth 4k

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Cheensbo wrote: »

Darren is obviously smoking something when he thinks he can shift his diesel clatterbox van for the same price as a GTI. Methinks this ad was posted from his room in the mental hospital. Also, the pics are sh*te and no interior pics.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/peugeot-205-gti/8535844?offset=5

OK, it needs some TLC, but it IS a GTI for the same money.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

38254918.jpeg

They'll be in storage for generations to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

It's ok, he's only testing the water

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

That is absolutely ridiculous money for a 1.4 but nonetheless very clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

^^^better than when it came out of the factory!

Seen it for sale about a year and a half ago when it's 1st owner was selling it. Back then it was for sale for a lot less than 3k and was completely original with only 22k miles. It's the base model too which lacks electric windows, sunroof, airbags:eek: and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Seen it for sale about a year and a half ago when it's 1st owner was selling it. Back then it was for sale for a lot less than 3k and was completely original with only 22k miles. It's the base model too which lacks electric windows, sunroof, airbags:eek: and so on.

Can't berate somebody for trying to made a dime here and there!

Tbh if it was brought back to stock, in terms of wheels etc and it's as clean as it looks, with the low mileage the asking price isn't out of this world.

It's like anything, buy cheap buy twice, if I wanted a good low mileage Civic this would be a candidate.

166man wrote: »
    Can't berate somebody for trying to made a dime here and there!

Tbh if it was brought back to stock, in terms of wheels etc and it's as clean as it looks, with the low mileage the asking price isn't out of this world.

It's like anything, buy cheap buy twice, if I wanted a good low mileage Civic this would be a candidate.
    Fair play to you if you'd spend that amound on one of these. They are a great car but tbh the price is crazy, there is no defending it imo.

Im not berating the guy at all. The car looks well but it is overpriced and is the base spec i model. The fact that he painted it and put a set of wheels on it doesn't make it any more valuable. It could even be argued that repainting would do the opposite and end up devaluing it.

As for buy cheap buy twice, I don't believe you have to spend 3k to get a good civic. Good examples are getting thin on the ground but good ones do pop up every so often and for a lot less than 3k. They mightn't have 30k miles on them but a good example with 50-60k miles can be had for around €1500. As far as I recall that exact car wasn't much more than that when it was for sale by it's original owner. There was even a 55k miler on done deal the other day for €750 and it was the nicer SRS model too.

I'm not sure that 3k civic was all that well maintained either, eg I don't think the timing belt was ever done on it in the 14 years the previous owner had it, afair anyway.

Low miles aren't the be all and end all, it isn't exactly indicative of a good car. I know of a lovely civic with 130k miles on it, one owner, receipts for everything and an unmarked body, that went for a lot less last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Grand NCT cert too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The pics, he might as have just downloaded black squares and posted those.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The pics, he might as have just downloaded black squares and posted those.

Who takes a picture of a car they are trying to sell in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Who takes a picture of a car they are trying to sell in the dark.

People who are trying to hide the marks on the back wheel arches, and elsewhere I'd assume..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

"First to see will buy".I can't see it. Just as well maybe.

• Advertisement

rizzodun wrote: »
    People who are trying to hide the marks on the back wheel arches, and elsewhere I'd assume..
    If that's the case he needs to turn off the flash on his camera :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

lassykk wrote: »
    Grand NCT cert too!

2012 the crazy bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

LoL
    €20,000 for a 6 year old diesel squashed Golf.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hydro-scirocco/8822181?offset=10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

LoL

CianRyan wrote: »
    LoL

If he has the audacity, THE CHEEK, no less, to ask €20k for that

PUT UP SOME PROPER ****ING PHOTOS YOU MONG

Bloody hate those artsy pics in ads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

If he has the audacity, THE CHEEK, no less, to ask €20k for that

PUT UP SOME PROPER ****ING PHOTOS YOU MONG

Bloody hate those artsy pics in ads

I was just about to post something similar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

CianRyan wrote: »
    LoL

For all the money it costs I don't think it looks great at all Id prefer a standard one 90k miles too it's on the high side considering the price. Also what's the story with the suspension is it so high Tec that it lifts when the car is running like air suspension as surly it's undriveable the way it is in the pictures that low the top of the wheel is in behind the arch Id say a pot hole would take the bumper of never mind a speed bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Bpmull wrote: »
    Also what's the story with the suspension is it so high Tec that it lifts when the car is running like air suspension as surly it's undriveable the way it is in the pictures that low the top of the wheel is in behind the arch Id say a pot hole would take the bumper of never mind a speed bump.

Same sort of thing as air suspension, can be lowered when parked for da lookz.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Bpmull wrote: »
    For all the money it costs I don't think it looks great at all Id prefer a standard one 90k miles too it's on the high side considering the price. Also what's the story with the suspension is it so high Tec that it lifts when the car is running like air suspension as surly it's undriveable the way it is in the pictures that low the top of the wheel is in behind the arch Id say a pot hole would take the bumper of never mind a speed bump.

It says in ad that it is hydraulic suspension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Same sort of thing as air suspension, can be lowered when parked for da lookz.

That's what I was thinking like a bus or truck or whatever obviously they are running on air suspension and using it for a very different reason :pac:.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement