Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I so needed that laugh!!

Brilliant picture!!! :D:D:D:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

cantdecide wrote: »
    0.jpg

looking for car 1litre to 1.4litre petrol preferably small to medium cars i.e fiesta ibiza, fabia, polo, micra, punto,astra,focus, etc... must be year 2000 onwards. price up to 1000 euro only. car must have long nct and driving perfectly. car with cosmetic damage may suit depending on year. i.e. needing paintwork or have a small dent need a bonnet etc..
    No mangled cars please. just because this ad says 1000 euro does not mean I will pay 1000 for your 00 punto . 00 cars are only worth a few hundred euro I will only pay 1000 for a newer car. please no messers or dreamers. if you have a car you want to sell and are prepared to sell for hundreds NOT THOUSANDS I will try to accomadate you.
    you can e-mail me txt me with details and pics if possible in particular any damage on car and I will get back to you.

Someone get me the name of that shopkeeper and i'll mail yer man with an 02 polo for €1100 nct'd till 2012.

vw-polo-hatchback-diesel_966447.jpg

I'll take out the plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Someone get me the name of that shopkeeper and i'll mail yer man with an 02 polo for €1100 nct'd till 2012.

Roy is the shopkeeper, Mr Mann is the customer, and MARGARET is the wife!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/characters/mann.shtml

Not so much the price, but the description is bizarre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Absurdum wrote: »
    Roy is the shopkeeper, Mr Mann is the customer, and MARGARET is the wife!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/characters/mann.shtml

Roy what tho?
    its important for the hillarity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

That fella sounds like a grumpy swine. I would not contact him either if I had a gem of a car for 1k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Absurdum wrote: »
    Not so much the price, but the description is bizarre!

They've been doing that for years with Octavias and Leons! And i30's lately...nice than a 316i imo:D

EPM wrote: »
    They've been doing that for years with Octavias and Leons! And i30's lately...nice than a 316i imo:D

seems very unprofessional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

True. But I suppose it's all about attracting the customer in and if it worked on one it'd all be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

That Eclipse is an american import though (afaik!)

Seems like a reasonable asking price for a rare car, if it's in good nick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

cantdecide wrote: »
    0.jpg

looking for car 1litre to 1.4litre petrol preferably small to medium cars i.e fiesta ibiza, fabia, polo, micra, punto,astra,focus, etc... must be year 2000 onwards. price up to 1000 euro only. car must have long nct and driving perfectly. car with cosmetic damage may suit depending on year. i.e. needing paintwork or have a small dent need a bonnet etc..
    No mangled cars please. just because this ad says 1000 euro does not mean I will pay 1000 for your 00 punto . 00 cars are only worth a few hundred euro I will only pay 1000 for a newer car. please no messers or dreamers. if you have a car you want to sell and are prepared to sell for hundreds NOT THOUSANDS I will try to accomadate you.
    you can e-mail me txt me with details and pics if possible in particular any damage on car and I will get back to you.

Oh dear, this is ripe for the piss-taking. I'm tempted to start an email exchange with him. Kind of like what this guy does when he sees a stupid ad on gumtree:

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=70 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1294970

View2?id=2982261

" NCT just expired hence price " ........ :D

Nutter!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

"1998 Toyota Aristo V300, Vertex Edition."

Then why does it say LEXUS on the car ? He doesn't even know what car he drives ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

TOYOTA ARISTO

Engine: 3.0L
    Fuel Type: Petrol
    Colour: Black

RobertM wrote: »
    "1998 Toyota Aristo V300, Vertex Edition."

Then why does it say LEXUS on the car ?

Because the guy is clearly a knobend, he's lacking in other departments and some Lexus badges help.....maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

langdang wrote: »

.....in fairness his name is "Piotr" I'd say most of his sentences start with " "hallo ekscuze me"

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Nutter!
    "Recession? What recession?" Nutter is right!

• Advertisement

.....in fairness his name is "Piotr" I'd say most of his sentences start with " "hallo ekscuze me"

Ya, but can you imagine the conversation
    So, was the timing belt changed?
    NIET, I WILL NOT ELABORATE!
    Service history, maybe?
    NIET, I WILL NOT ELABORATE, YOU BUY!
    etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Nice bit of stereotyping there. Are you a professional or amateur racist?

kazul wrote: »
    Nice bit of stereotyping there. Are you a professional or amateur racist?

So what about stereotyping,it is what it is! If I say it with an "ah be jaysus " will it make you feel better. Its just taking the p!ss, now get over it. FFS the ad reads just like the way we were taking the mickey out of it. Did you read the ad we're talking about? Bloody PC brigade....Its a laugh, there's no incitement to hatred, no racial slur, no threat being made against any section of society, its just a laugh. You know when someone takes the mickey out of you for doing or saying something stupid.

Maybe if we could all laugh at each other a little more we wouldn't have the problems we have .... be gorra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1294970

Nutter!

Thats actually not a bad price considering that the car comes with a 2JZ-GTE which is a 3 litre twin turbo Supra engine. Supra power in a luxury cruiser. Nothing too wrong with that in my opinion. Only issue id have is that its auto.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Thats actually not a bad price considering that the car comes with a 2JZ-GTE which is a 3 litre twin turbo Supra engine. Supra power in a luxury cruiser. Nothing too wrong with that in my opinion. Only issue id have is that its auto.

Yes, its also the 4 speed auto box thats found in the supra turbo too (the 5 speed in the GS300 is not strong enough)

There is a lot of "features" in these cars including rear steering, which can cause trouble, there is an aftermarket retro-fit kit to "fix" the steering into place.

Without an NCT, its worth IMO 3k, with NCT 4-5k.

I wonder does it have the factory sat-nav/TV system in it?

Edit: No.

mullingar wrote: »

Without an NCT, its worth IMO 3k, with NCT 4-5k.

Maybe to a devoted fan but i'd say its worth about 800 quid. Its a nothing car.

Maybe to a devoted fan but i'd say its worth about 800 quid. Its a nothing car.

€800 :eek:, Im not being sarcastic, if you see one for €800, let me know, cash buyer!

MMM Supra TURBO power in a 4-door saloon. Ok its not an M5, but its cheap fast motoring:D

It was thoughtless of me to suggest that people with a poor grasp of english would type in "ALL CAPS".
    I might have implied that he would behave in real life as he does on the internet, but that can be a dangerous assumption.
    I can't see what else I would have implied about poor oul Piotr that wasn't already suggested by his ad.

Faith an begorrah, shur aren't we all Europeans now, to be sure to be sure..

Wait - there I go again! Assuming Piotr is a male of eastern european origin. My god what was I thinking! How insensitive of me... I sincerely apologise to all non-irish-settled-males who have been traumatised by my behaviour

But anyhooo.. in fairness - in my book that supra-lexus-aristo is worth zilcho without NCT !

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M5/201019197930045/advert?channel=CARS

I reckon it's priced at least double it's actual value - and it has manky wheels (I know he has the originals but you'd imagine he'd have them on it to sell)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

http://www.octane.ie/ads/car.php?id=2953

€15,900 for a 2006 147. Looks like a pre facelift model as well. Deluded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement