Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

tossy wrote: »
    Most Allroads are going for somewhere between 3 and 5k, buying an Allroad at that price is like buying an 3/4k S3, you will end up spending the money anyway on replacing parts and routine maintenance. If i was in the market for an Allroad i'd pay 7k for a good one all day.
    When did something having a high price automatically make it a good thing?
    That's why this very thread exists no?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I know they commend good money, especially a good one but JAYSUS he is an unreal dreamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The k12 is still a very reliable car and infinitely more comfortable and competent on the roads today than an early k11. Personally I put 40k miles on one and the only problem i seen was the boot lock failing.

Nah the k12 was a poor enough car. It probably is better on the road but then again it's a decade newer design so that's to be expected. Mechanically and in terms of quality the k11 is much the better car.

I don't like the pre facelift like the one you posted above but it looks clean and at €1200 the seller isn't really that much of a dreamer tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

RE the Audi Allroad. If (and it is a big IF) the air suspension is brand new and it was serviced 1k miles ago and had a new timing belt its a seven grand car. You could buy a 5k car, but at that price it won't have had that work done recently and I would almost guarantee that.

Brand new suspension airbags all round will set you back upwards of 2k alone. Servicing is not at all cheap. It is late one too, sought after. I have been in the market for an Allroad for a little bit now. I have enquired about a few, and I have done the sums, an 03-ish Allroad with no history of suspension work will easily set you back close enough to 7k before you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Nah the k12 was a poor enough car. It probably is better on the road but then again it's a decade newer design so that's to be expected. Mechanically and in terms of quality the k11 is much the better car.

I don't like the pre facelift like the one you posted above but it looks clean and at €1200 the seller isn't really that much of a dreamer tbh.

What gave trouble in the k12?

Still a dreamer with that k11 imo. I could pick one up tested for half that money and add my own back to black, save €595.

http://touch.adverts.ie/adphotos.php?item_id=8473881

This guy is not so much a dreamer as a chancer, the text in the ad is laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

http://www.adverts.ie/adphotos.php?item_id=8473881

This guy is not so much a dreamer as a chancer, the text in the ad is laughable.

Is that the 140 or 190 version?

Still a dreamer with that k11 imo. I could pick one up tested for half that money and add my own back to black, save €595.

Stretched timing chains, abs problems, dead power steering, amongst other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

5ub wrote: »
    RE the Audi Allroad. If (and it is a big IF) the air suspension is brand new and it was serviced 1k miles ago and had a new timing belt its a seven grand car. You could buy a 5k car, but at that price it won't have had that work done recently and I would almost guarantee that.

Brand new suspension airbags all round will set you back upwards of 2k alone. Servicing is not at all cheap. It is late one too, sought after. I have been in the market for an Allroad for a little bit now. I have enquired about a few, and I have done the sums, an 03-ish Allroad with no history of suspension work will easily set you back close enough to 7k before you know it.

I know all about the problems that the airbags give in those Allroad's, and even if they've just been done and the car's been fully serviced, there is no way on Earth an 04 with 170k miles on it is worth 7k today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

I'd agree - I drove a late '90's micra for a few years. It always felt rock solid and was very reliable. I’ve been stuck in a K12 for years now but I’ve always considered it looked and felt ‘flimsy’ and reliability has not been as good as the K11.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Ah the old classic. NCT ready. Sure that ads at least €500 to the asking price.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9950551

That's a €2k car! Sweet jezis, 7 grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Not the worst offender but........
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/golf-1-4-110-bhp-sports-comfortline/9793344?offset=11

It's 75bhp not 110bhp and it'll NOT do 62.5mpg
    On the other hand it has new brushings and a brake lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

But it has split fold rear seats and unusual colour dials not the normal white :pac:

Ah infairness it looks like a very clean car but even at half that money the price would be too strong.

CIP4 wrote: »
    But it has split fold rear seats and unusual colour dials not the normal white :pac:

Ah infairness it looks like a very clean car but even at half that money the price would be too strong.

i was sold at "Centralised Locking"... Slow down there Jerry, so i lock one door and the others lock, all at the same time?

i'm actually genuinely still appalled, €7k, madness. i often wonder how dealers can get it so wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

I lock one door and the other one locks?

What a time to be alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9950551

I only just got 2500€ for 2003 one with leather and all the bells and whistles bar the sat nav!! Bonkers pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

DakarVert wrote: »
    Not the worst offender but........
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/golf-1-4-110-bhp-sports-comfortline/9793344?offset=11

It's 75bhp not 110bhp and it'll NOT do 62.5mpg
    On the other hand it has new brushings and a brake lens.

The chap will get that price no bother sure it's a bulletproof golf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

zero19 wrote: »

Hasn't even got the best engine either and it is probably seized as it looks like it has been parked up for quite some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thats insane. I do recall posting either a 88/89 one in the bangernomics thread some time back asking in or around the same money, not much more than a few hundred more anyway. Same engine but very clean looking, tested, more appealing black, very original apart from the wheels, good to go it was really. Anyone who pays near €1,500 for the one above is a fool.

Only fit for the crusher.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

More than just a standard 405. I think he might make that from the right buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

supervento wrote: »
    slightly over priced..... :D:D:D

im just being bold now....

You'd love to ring them up and say would you take 95k euro for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Quazzie wrote: »
    More than just a standard 405. I think he might make that from the right buyer

I agree.

What sort of an animal put a towbar on it though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

• Advertisement

His ad isn't fantastic but he isn't a million miles away on price. 10k is a bit rich but 7-8k would be reasonable. Although it's over 15 and Japanese so uninsurable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement