Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

His ad isn't fantastic but he isn't a million miles away on price. 10k is a bit rich but 7-8k would be reasonable. Although it's over 15 and Japanese so uninsurable.

What's so good about that it demands that price? What does RX stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Quazzie wrote: »
    What's so good about that it demands that price? What does RX stand for?

I'm no Honda enthusiast so i couldn't answer you definitively but it's no secret that the Type R models have a cult following.

I follow a few of the import sites and it looks like to get an EK9 Type R freshly imported this weather you are looking at prices starting @ €7k + VRT etc.

I'm no Honda enthusiast so i couldn't answer you definitively but it's no secret that the Type R models have a cult following.

I follow a few of the import sites and it looks like to get an EK9 Type R freshly imported this weather you are looking at prices starting @ €7k + VRT etc.

For me that is mental money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's strong for the Irish market considering most young-ish lads would rather have some sort of VAG diesel if they had that kind of money but to be fair i'd say it offers a great ownership experience. Cheapish tax, handy on fuel, cheap to service, bulletproof reliability and goes like **** off a shovel.

That kind of price is worldwide, it might appeal to someone in the UK or the likes if it was advertised a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

supervento wrote: »

That is mental money, they were making that when I was interested 10 years ago. You would pick up a more powerful DC2(type R integra) for less than he is looking for. Also there is no type rx only type r must be a mistake.

• Advertisement

That is mental money, they were making that when I was interested 10 years ago. You would pick up a more powerful DC2(type R integra) for less than he is looking for. Also there is no type rx only type r must be a mistake.

I thought when I seen it that perhaps he was trying to sell it as a Rally Cross car (RX) but it has none of the work done to make it suitable for motorsport.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

ya like that im no expert either but it does seem like alot of money for it. about two years ago there was an 07 integra dc5 with 60klms absolutely showroom condition for sale locally for roughly €13,500. guess you cant compare a dc5 and ek9 in terms of prices. i know all this kinda stuff seems to have gone up in price in recent years...

the type r-x is a special edition type r. type r -x also available in dc2, it a few very minor extra bits such as:

- Retractable door mirrors
    - Remote keyless entry
    - aluminum pedals
    - Rear and sides tinted glass
    - upgraded soundsystem

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Also there is no type rx only type r must be a mistake.

There is and that appears to be a genuine one. The rx got remote central locking, alloy pedal covers and a bit of carbon trim. Just added bits for the later models really. Same as the dc2 rx's.

Ashamed that my Honda knowledge goes that far :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

There is such a thing as a type Rx. It's really only a type r though with a few extras. The ek9 is also better than a dc2 imo. Despite being more powerful the 1.8 is marginally slower acceleratating than the 1.6 in the ek9.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    There is such a thing as a type Rx. It's really only a type r though with a few extras. The ek9 is also better than a dc2 imo. Despite being more powerful the 1.8 is marginally slower acceleratating than the 1.6 in the ek9.

I didn't know there was a RX. I just prefer the look of the DC2 to be honest. One time I preferred hatch backs but now I'm into coupe's.

But not forgetting the real point here his price is well wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

You do see them going for in and around the 4.5k region now a days if he dropped the price a bit he would prob get a lot of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

I was looking at a few tezzas last year and about 4k got you a nice one. Few were up for 5k and not a single one in the flesh was worth that kind of money.

That looks fairly decent but its 4.5k tops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

It could be a ploy to dissuade the riff raff from even ringing in the first place.

It looks very clean, I'd say the seller knows what they have and how much it's worth, so they'll spot a genuine buyer right off the bat when they call.

Of course, they could be a genuine dreamer too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

rizzodun wrote: »
    It could be a ploy to dissuade the riff raff from even ringing in the first place.

It looks very clean, I'd say the seller knows what they have and how much it's worth, so they'll spot a genuine buyer right off the bat when they call.

Maybe its just me but I don't buy into this logic at all. A high price might put off riff raff but I would very much be inclined to think that it would put off genuine buyers also. If I was hoping for €4,000 to €4,500 for a car I wouldn't advertise it at €5,850. As you mention though maybe he is after close to €5,850 for the car though in which case I'd say he's a bit of a dreamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

might be the mrs making him put the car up for sale... 'its up there, Im just not getting any calls!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Wossack wrote: »
    might be the mrs making him put the car up for sale... 'its up there, Im just not getting any calls!'

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Wossack wrote: »

Seller: Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TestersWanted

It is very clean...but....

It looks very clean **on the outside**. Only picture of the inside is a close-up of a seat, which suggests the rest is not so clean.

Rant: sellers who put 'no time-wasters' in their ads can f**k off. What about the time of the people who read these ads or go to look at cars based on misleading info? Take decent honest pictures of the inside and outside, preferably in daylight, and give all the obvious details about mileage, number of owners, tax, NCT, any special or unusual features -- it's not that much to ask, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭dodzy

supervento wrote: »

Wts wrng wth ad bro ? Cnt undrstnd txt spk ?;)

It looks very clean **on the outside**. Only picture of the inside is a close-up of a seat, which suggests the rest is not so clean.

Rant: sellers who put 'no time-wasters' in their ads can f**k off. What about the time of the people who read these ads or go to look at cars based on misleading info? Take decent honest pictures of the inside and outside, preferably in daylight, and give all the obvious details about mileage, number of owners, tax, NCT, any special or unusual features -- it's not that much to ask, is it?

+1
    If I see that in an ad I go "Next!"
    Along with "no looky-loos, testpilots, window lickers, tyre kickers", it just signals that the seller is probably a cnut, will not meet you at his house, will refuse to answer questions or generally be horrible to deal with.
    So, a case of "nah, thanks mate, I'm grand"

My pet theory is that the phrase "no time wasters" will actually attract them to you. The law of attraction states that whatever you give energy, will materialise. So anyone putting this phrase in their ads and wonder why the world is full of time wasters-because you attract them and call them in. Ask for what you want, not for what you don't want. That's the Zen art of selling cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

You can have a modern up to date one which doesn't have a dashboard from a Lupo and wasn't designed in 1977 or you can have this ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10062633

Were they even that much when new in South Africa!!!!

^^^^
    No idea, but I've seen that or one like it at a vintage car show in Tipperary. It attracted quite a lot of attention. More than the original MKI's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

In some markets they continue to produce and sell cars they no longer produce and sell in other markets. This car is imported from South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

so could you get classic insurance on it since just being old doesn't necessarily make a car valid for classic insurance now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

pockets3d wrote: »
    In some markets they continue to produce and sell cars they no longer produce and sell in other markets. This car is imported from South Africa.

Doesn't sound right to me. It would cost quite a bit for a factory to continue making old stock.

I think the car was bought and never registered and that's why it has a 2009 registration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pov06 wrote: »
    Doesn't sound right to me. It would cost quite a bit for a factory to continue making old stock.

I think the car was bought and never registered and that's why it has a 2009 registration.

Google is your friend...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Citi_Golf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement