Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I stand corrected!

The interior looks WAY too round for the outside shape :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

6 speed gearbox on a 90's 1.3 Corolla?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

https://cars.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/2007-berlingo-1-6-hdi-no-damage-/10109803

:rolleyes: If all the parts are worth that much what's wrong with the van? He wants almost €6k for the parts listed but he'll sell it complete €1600.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus the 1.6 proper G6R's around going for that, yet you can have this..... thing for the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Vicxas wrote: »
    Jesus the 1.6 proper G6R's around going for that, yet you can have this..... thing for the same?
    He should have went completely mad and add on the extra Euro.

How anyone would of even bothered to do all of that to a lift back corolla is funny. Then the fact that he's calling it a G6 is even funnier.....why not go all out and call it a g6r with a 1.3 just for the craic.

A real g6r in fair to decent condition can be for for half the price of that "g6".

6 speed gearbox on a 90's 1.3 Corolla?

Yea, both the g6 and g6r have them as standard, nice ratios in them too, not bad at motorway speeds in 6th either. From memory 80mph is just over 3000 rpm in the 1.6. But they are prone to give trouble and can be difficult to source if your looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

How anyone would of even bothered to do all of that to a lift back corolla is funny. Then the fact that he's calling it a G6 is even funnier.....why not go all out and call it a g6r with a 1.3 just for the craic.

A real g6r in fair to decent condition can be for for half the price of that "g6".

G6 is just a trim level and it was available in 5 doors, it just wasn't very popular so it probably is a genuine car. He hasn't really done much to it bar a set of lowering springs. I'd drive it.

Price is insane though. There are definitely G6R's for half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

"No tire kickers"

If I was stupid enough to be laying nearly 10000+ on that thing I'd be kicking more than the tires.

G6 is just a trim level and it was available in 5 doors, it just wasn't very popular so it probably is a genuine car. He hasn't really done much to it bar a set of lowering springs. I'd drive it.

Price is insane though. There are definitely G6R's for half that.

Never knew they came in 5 door, still wouldn't want one, if it was a saloon I'd consider but not anywhere near that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have to laugh at the Golf ad "built not bought" then looking for someone to buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the Golf ad "built not bought" then looking for someone to buy it

It's not really built though is it? He just bought a bunch of parts and stuck them on :pac:

Most of the car is still "bought".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That lad with the Golf is on another planet.
    A 14 year old car with killer tax for €12,000.
    He must be a fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

away with them at least :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Pov06 wrote: »
    It's not really built though is it? He just bought a bunch of parts and stuck them on :pac:

Most of the car is still "bought".

Standard engine as well.

If it was turbo'd or something he might be able use that line but it's standard apart from the seats and gearknob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10101280

Expensive if you knock a zero off the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That lad with the Golf is on another planet.
    A 14 year old car with killer tax for €12,000.
    He must be a fairy.
    Sure everyone's a fairy under that criteria...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-2dr-GTS-Coup-/261993983417?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d000eedb9&item=261993983417

:pac:

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/new-car-1-5-diesel-nissan-pulsar-sv-won-on-tv/10083393?offset=12

€500 less than the LIST price of a new one!

it's not even unused

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I don't get that.

If I won a car like that (I'd have absolutely 0 interest in owning something like it) I'd go straight to the nearest dealership and take whatever they offered me for it.

Its not as if its costing you anything

Yep, the fact that you could have bought a new pulsar with €4000 off a few weeks ago won't help either.

I'd say he won it in winning streak or something and probably wants a nice car instead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yep, the fact that you could have bought a new pulsar with €4000 off a few weeks ago won't help either.

I'd say he won it in winning streak or something and probably wants a nice car instead

Which is mad because can't you take the value of the car instead on shows like that? :confused:

Pat kenny gave one away in June on utv

http://utv.ie/info/PatKennyCompetition

Winner was from Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Fcuk that he'd want to be knocking 3-4k Euro of that car you'd probably buy a demo with the same mileage for about that and a brand new one straight for less than he's looking for that. It's along way of brand new if he's driving it around everyday. People are just gready he's probably upset that he's even dropped 500 of list price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CIP4 wrote: »
    Fcuk that he'd want to be knocking 3-4k Euro of that car you'd probably buy a demo with the same mileage for about that and a brand new one straight for less than he's looking for that. It's along way of brand new if he's driving it around everyday. People are just gready he's probably upset that he's even dropped 500 of list price.

That is true as the saying goes it depreciates as soon as you drive it off the fore court.

That's the value the UTV show said it had.
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't get €2,500 off a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That's the value the UTV show said it had.
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't get €2,500 off a new one.

Drove a petrol as a rental a few weeks ago and actually really liked it. Very well specced, very peppy petrol engine, comfy seats and responsive handling.

Good cars I reckon.

• Advertisement

So you wouldn't mind if your mum got one?
    I just can't get past the styling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement