Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-2008/10357782

Nice car, cheap tax, low mileage.
    Look at that price though.

I would class that as slightly optimistic rather than dreamer territory. Price would be about right if being sold by a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I would class that as slightly optimistic rather than dreamer territory. Price would be about right if being sold by a dealer.
    I don't know George, here's a similar one being sold by a dealer for a fair bit less.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-ex-i-ctdi/10356599

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

+1
    There are some amount of Shiite accord diesels out there. If it's straight and honest it's worth the guts of that IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

An Accord without leather that has to be pretty rare.

Great car to drive though well not sure about the diesel one but petrol is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

That's UK pounds, not euro.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9676993

Oh and don't forget the VRT. Actually that's ironic because its worth about the same as the aforementioned tax :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's UK pounds, not euro.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9676993

Oh and don't forget the VRT. Actually that's ironic because its worth about the same as the aforementioned tax :-)

He says similar to a cosworth, I don't think so 125bhp is all that is putting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc70-2-4-d5-awd-se/10253125?offset=11

Must be gold plated pistons in that D5 for the price.

Slightly OT, but what a great design for 1985.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

NIMAN wrote: »

I'm just lost for words. In need of restoration, indeed.
    Well, if he restores it, he may just get 3000 for it.
    Typical classic car dreamer. He's been watching too many programs where old Bugattis were pulled out of sheds and fetched silly money even unrestored and he thought "Jaysis, I got one a dem too, be worth a pile a money!"
    I shall keep an eye on this with interest and see how long this ad stays up before being "readvertised due to timewasters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

not even advertised as a twin cam either

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superwofy

NIMAN wrote: »

Dip that body in a rust cleaning bath and it'll come out looking like Swiss cheese :pac:.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mitsubishi-lancer-1987/10460986?offset=16

1500 gets you a lancer from 2004+ :pac:. Why would you spend that much on this???

And also, what the heck is 'everyway showroom condition' ?

To be fair it's a one owner 28 year old car with 46,000 miles.

Id have it over an 04 lancer any time.

It still has dealer sticker and 3 year warranty sticker (which would have expired 25 years ago)

No nct since 2008 might be a concern, but I'm guessing it's not driven much. (1600 per year on average)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Id have it over an 04 lancer any time.

Why?

Not saying I like the 04 lancer. All in all however, it is a better car.

a newer car fair enough. But compared to its rivals the lancer was doing better for itself in 1987 than 2004.

If I'm going to drive some tinny clangy car with below average safety, you may as well drive the 1987 one.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If I'm going to drive some tinny clangy car with below average safety, you may as well drive the 1987 one.

That made me chuckle. I guess you win.

Superwofy wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mitsubishi-lancer-1987/10460986?offset=16

1500 gets you a lancer from 2004+ :pac:. Why would you spend that much on this???

I once had an 88 Colt, which is like half a Lancer. Was a brilliant little car, very nippy, great to throw around. If that Longer is half the fun, it would be brilliant. I'm sure there's some room in that price.

Remember the cool light and wiper switches!

11-1988-Dodge-Colt-Down-On-The-Junkyard-Pictures-courtesy-of-Phillip-Badge-Engineering-Greden-550x412.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Superwofy wrote: »

I suspect there should be a comma after 'everyway'. But the pics certainly don't indicate the car to be in a showroom condition - there appear to be dents or dimples on the front edge of the bonnet and no pics of the interior is a bit suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I know this is actually a thing, but the STATE of this.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-micra-shorty/10470305

A badly sawn-off Micra.... For a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Built for a bit of craic...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hope he leaves the Mk 5 alone,fukin hillbilly.
    Mustn't really want to sell the Micra judging by his you tube video. After looking at that, nobody would even look at the car.:(

Well this is a dreamer if ever. Just take a look and then read below. Doesn't appear too bad on paper but .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10460489

Mate of mine has wanted one of these for a while. Gone to look at a few but they were mostly sheds. Anyway he spotted this nicely presented car on dung deal and made a call. Asked all the obvious questions, got a good response. Asked the less obvious questions and the guy seemed quite genuine with his answers. Told him we'd be spending two hours to get to him so we'd appreciate him telling us anything we need to know. He actually described it as, and I quote directly here "an absolute minter that was never painted" and "t'was the daughters car, she's mad getting rid of it"

Yeah, turns out Gerry should be called Hans Christen Anderson. We arrived in the dark yet it was obvious as hell that the bonnet had been painted (recently) the passenger door was off a different car, the rear quarter was painted badly along with entire back of it after it had taken a thump to the rear. This was just the start. There was spit form a welder all over the windscreen, The engine had been warmed yet there was a horrific intermittent groaning from inside the sump, the temperature gauge refused to budge and the car appeared to be damp as hell. Whether this was from a heater matrix or bad sealing from the various different repairs over the years we just weren't sure. The new NCT is suspect at best given simply that the car had no reg lights on the back yet it was tested the other day.

The guy played dumb yet it was obvious as hell he was a part time wanna be trader. I called him out on it when he said he was as honest as he could as he didn't know about cars. I told him stop playing us for fools and to be honest it was very close to blows given the length he'd gone to to make feckin eejits outta us. We just headed back to the van, after he got a good berating, for out 2 hours 10 minutes drive home.

So there you go. Gerry from just outside Mountbellew in Galway. Part time fiction writer, full time spoofer. Take a bow you ultimate shister :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well this is a dreamer if ever. Just take a look and then read below. Doesn't appear too bad on paper but .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10460489

Mate of mine has wanted one of these for a while. Gone to look at a few but they were mostly sheds. Anyway he spotted this nicely presented car on dung deal and made a call. Asked all the obvious questions, got a good response. Asked the less obvious questions and the guy seemed quite genuine with his answers. Told him we'd be spending two hours to get to him so we'd appreciate him telling us anything we need to know. He actually described it as, and I quote directly here "an absolute minter that was never painted" and "t'was the daughters car, she's mad getting rid of it"

Yeah, turns out Gerry should be called Hans Christen Anderson. We arrived in the dark yet it was obvious as hell that the bonnet had been painted (recently) the passenger door was off a different car, the rear quarter was painted badly along with entire back of it after it had taken a thump to the rear. This was just the start. There was spit form a welder all over the windscreen, The engine had been warmed yet there was a horrific intermittent groaning from inside the sump, the temperature gauge refused to budge and the car appeared to be damp as hell. Whether this was from a heater matrix or bad sealing from the various different repairs over the years we just weren't sure. The new NCT is suspect at best given simply that the car had no reg lights on the back yet it was tested the other day.

The guy played dumb yet it was obvious as hell he was a part time wanna be trader. I called him out on it when he said he was as honest as he could as he didn't know about cars. I told him stop playing us for fools and to be honest it was very close to blows given the length he'd gone to to make feckin eejits outta us. We just headed back to the van, after he got a good berating, for out 2 hours 10 minutes drive home.

So there you go. Gerry from just outside Mountbellew in Galway. Part time fiction writer, full time spoofer. Take a bow you ultimate shister :-)

Christ, he should have known you would have never bought it and just hung up when you were asking detailed questions. The only hope he has is if it's someone a bit clueless. Seeing how low that sits, I bet it needs springs and shocks too.

Christ, he should have known you would have never bought it and just hung up when you were asking detailed questions. The only hope he has is if it's someone a bit clueless. Seeing how low that sits, I bet it needs springs and shocks too.

My mate asked him about that. He genuinely said he'd have to call the daughter (who he was letting on he was selling the car for) so he could find out. He even called back to say that the daughter told him it had been lowered.

I have to say I had my suspicions all along. When my mate showed me the ad I did say that the interior looked tired but if the guy answers the questions then it's worth going to see. How wrong was I. Parallel universe stuff. This guy was in a world of his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

The new NCT is suspect at best given simply that the car had no reg lights on the back yet it was tested the other day.
    Considering that number plate lights aren't a fail, I don't see the issue with that

My mate asked him about that. He genuinely said he'd have to call the daughter (who he was letting on he was selling the car for) so he could find out. He even called back to say that the daughter told him it had been lowered.

I have to say I had my suspicions all along. When my mate showed me the ad I did say that the interior looked tired but if the guy answers the questions then it's worth going to see. How wrong was I. Parallel universe stuff. This guy was in a world of his own.

When I see "no text, no private number" I read "I have a tax dodge going on".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

millington wrote: »
    Considering that number plate lights aren't a fail, I don't see the issue with that

The number plates light are a fail afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement