Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The number plates light are a fail afaik.

Advisory only

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You have a special relationship with selling cars anyway! :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

The number plates light are a fail afaik.

No they're not. I tested a few cars with no number plate lights at all. Pass/advisory not a fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

millington wrote: »
    Considering that number plate lights aren't a fail, I don't see the issue with that

No mention on the sheet. Sorry I should have said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

My mate asked him about that. He genuinely said he'd have to call the daughter (who he was letting on he was selling the car for) so he could find out. He even called back to say that the daughter told him it had been lowered.

I have to say I had my suspicions all along. When my mate showed me the ad I did say that the interior looked tired but if the guy answers the questions then it's worth going to see. How wrong was I. Parallel universe stuff. This guy was in a world of his own.
    There is the other end of the scale, people trying to point out any fault they can to use it as a chisel against the price.

Like a car that's been sitting up a week or 2 having squeaky breaks from non-use; 'Ah shura, the thang needs new brakes desks 'nd pads there now lad shure she does now lad bai'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-soarer/10458222?offset=2

15 grand for a lexus/toyota soarer, I think the idea of jap and rwd 90's car is going to this fella's head. :eek: Great pictures too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

He has a heap of stuff for sale

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-soarer/10458222?offset=2

15 grand for a lexus/toyota soarer, I think the idea of jap and rwd 90's car is going to this fella's head. :eek: Great pictures too :pac:

AND it's automatic! Wow! That adds another €2k on the price, doncherknow!
    The old "call it a classic and stick a zero on the price" gag, it never gets old·

colm_mcm wrote: »

all of them utter bargains :P

AND it's automatic! Wow! That adds another €2k on the price, doncherknow!
    The old "call it a classic and stick a zero on the price" gag, it never gets old·

Whatever about the "classic" phenomenon they do come with the "drift tax" phenomenon since they're a decent Jap FR chassis and either come with Toyota's 1jz engine or their 1uzfe, both excellent engines in their own right. However 15k is way way off. there was a fully built one for sale in galway for around 10k and the spec it had was mental it was basically a road going drift car with a full manual conversion. Standard auto ones are very poor sellers kinda like lexus gs300's and ls400's although not quite as cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

:eek:

19 cars for sale, very "private".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-1-0-terra-5-dr/9495627?offset=13

a bit sticky for a tatty, pre facelift in terra spec. more like a €1500-1750 car.

plenty of nice, well spec'd facelift models for similar money. http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-toyota-yaris-ncttax/10338327?offset=19 for example.

there's probably a bit more wiggle room in the pricing of the blue one, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Probably not the right thread, but this is a good one:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/sale-of-car-with-damage-/10472212?offset=5

"The owner of a woman being serviced properly." :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

"Overall, the car is in good condition"

46927906.jpeg

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Any video of the servicing taking place :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Now now boys ;) ye are all only jealous :D Never heard of a girls name Maxim ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

"Overall, the car is in good condition"

46927906.jpeg

:pac: :pac: :pac:

She is in show room condition mint out of a box.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

She is in show room condition mint out of a box.......

.....ing match

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superwofy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ What The F*** :eek: ah jaysus is everyone gone mad

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superwofy

If it's actually got 95,000km like he says then it's really quite a waste :(.

Who wants a 1.3 fiesta though?
    Also, it probably had rotten sills or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Who wants a 1.3 fiesta though?
    Also, it probably had rotten sills or something.

But why would you spend 1k euro on essentially a field car when one can be got for 100 quid or less.

Because most people that want such a thing couldn't actually make one themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Because most people that want such a thing couldn't actually make one themselves?

I'm struggling to see who would want one or what use they would have for it to justify 1k euro I mean it's a car that's never going to legally make it onto the road again.

Sum craic do

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

• Advertisement

CosmicJay wrote: »

Well that's not what he is looking for he just typed 12345 in the price box. It says in the ad he looking for offers I'd assume it's worth well less than 1k especially with no nct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement