Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Are the Mitsubishi 300gt under appreciated? I've never driven one but always loved the look of them.

But recently saw one in a mechanics laying up and asked about it he reckoned it would leave you very disappointed after a spin in it. I was suprised to hear that.

Depends on the model really the n/a one's would leave a man very disappointed in terms of performance, however the full blown 3000gt vr-4 is a very high-tech performance car which was way ahead of its time. A relatively complex awd system with traction control makes it a fair car in the corners but its main party piece was the ecs (electronically controlled struts) effectively allowing the car to have two suspension setups one for the everyday and sport it even sounds like an impressive setup on modern performance cars never mind the mid 90's. It is however a heavy enough car so perhaps it's outright speed and acceleration disappointed some but they're by no means slow and there is like all jap turbo's of the time room for upping bhp from the factory 270-290+ depending on year. I suppose all of this complexity goes against them now as they're a divil to get right once they start giving bother also the overall engine although very good would't be considered as robust as Toyota's jz engines and Nissan's rb ones. Still a great car though especially at current prices.

With regards the civic although over 2k is a tad steep they really are getting so hard to find certainly 1.5k would be very cheap for one that clean although like all things on dd it might not be as good as it appears in the pics, still though it's not one for the dreamers thread that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's not overpriced, an unmolested eg civic is a rare thing. That one has a nice bit of test and is a good colour.
    It is molested though it's gotten a full respray going by the pictures. Also it's for sale months! Worth about €1000 if it's solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

millington wrote: »
    It is molested though it's gottec a full respray going by the pictures. Also it's for sale months!.

I was thinking it looked very tarted up to be honest. beware of the one that looks too clean and all that.

Worth about €1000 if it's solid.

Having said that I think its definately worth more and will make much more than a grand. I seen a 93' asking circa €1,400 as I recall a few months back that may have had roughly the same test left on it. While it was pretty clean looking it showed the signs of every day wear and tear more than the car under discussion (although thats most likely as its obviously had a recent respray).

Seller might be a tad optimistic @ €2,200 but I think a grand is a fair shot of the mark also. It is pretty hard to find any at this stage that haven't being abused/ molested to the nth degree and the certainly have their fans out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nearly 4k for a 13 year old Golf. :eek: Now I know Golfs tend to go for silly money but this one isn't even diesel:

http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1373153

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

bazz26 wrote: »
    Nearly 4k for a 13 year old Golf. :eek: Now I know Golfs tend to go for silly money but this one isn't even diesel:

http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1373153

Ah that's just stupid money you'd get early mk5s in diesel for that money if you look hard enough. I think the mk5 is still a fresh looking car that can compete with much newer models hence why it holds its money well but mk4 are dated and a fair step behind the mk5 in my eyes anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Straight outta the auctions I'd say
    http://carnapper.co.uk/car/LY05CMX

You'd pick up something like this for £6-700 in the UK.

I was thinking it looked very tarted up to be honest. beware of the one that looks too clean and all that.

Having said that I think its definately worth more and will make much more than a grand. I seen a 93' asking circa €1,400 as I recall a few months back that may have had roughly the same test left on it. While it was pretty clean looking it showed the signs of every day wear and tear more than the car under discussion (although thats most likely as its obviously had a recent respray).

Seller might be a tad optimistic @ €2,200 but I think a grand is a fair shot of the mark also. It is pretty hard to find any at this stage that haven't being abused/ molested to the nth degree and the certainly have their fans out there.
    It's a 1.3 carbed Civic, it's only useful for it's shell and not a whole pile else. €1000 really is realistic. I've had plenty of them over the years and a good few of my friends are still Honda heads but unless it's a rare model, it won't have much value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Agreed - in fact I would not pay more then 2k for it, especially with 90k miles on the clock. And I should know - I drive one of the hateful little things.

dogmatix wrote: »
    Agreed - in fact I would not pay more then 2k for it, especially with 90k miles on the clock. And I should know - I drive one of the hateful little things.

i sold my 2004 one in 2009 for €3500 and it was hard got. seems like prices havn't dropped at all since then.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto-1-2-8v-active-grande/9855840

ok, so it's in a dealer and it's an 09 (so maybe chaeeep tax?), but it is a bottom spec punto. nearly double what it's worth again imo, if it were a 2008 you'd struggle for €4k.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-grande-punto-gp-new-nct/10749298

only 1 year older, huge spec by comparison, same mileage, longer NCT, taxed, 1.4 but meh tax isn't so much an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto-1-2-8v-active-grande/9855840

ok, so it's in a dealer and it's an 09 (so maybe chaeeep tax?), but it is a bottom spec punto. nearly double what it's worth again imo, if it were a 2008 you'd struggle for €4k.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-grande-punto-gp-new-nct/10749298

only 1 year older, huge spec by comparison, same mileage, longer NCT, taxed, 1.4 but meh tax isn't so much an issue.

1st one tax should be 200 Euro, but he's over priced it about 2-2.5k at dealers rates!

2nd one has the Bluetooth, air conditioning etc but you'd pick up the 1.4 sporting (6 speed, alloys) for cheaper than that - I paid 3400 for my 07 sporting about 2 years ago and sold it for the same end of 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wickan

The Guvnor wrote: »

Optimistic is being polite, not a chance he will get anywhere near that for a 2007 touareg with 121k on the clock.

wickan wrote: »
    Optimistic is being polite, not a chance he will get anywhere near that for a 2007 touareg with 121k on the clock.

I was being polite just in case he was a member on here :D but with €1600 tax or a bit more and the mileage and 3 owners it's sub €10k IMO.

I might be selling a V6 T'reg so it'd be great if it was accurate but... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Seller not doing themselves any favours with some of the wording in the ad and their response to one comment; almost like they are talking down to viewers. That and of course the price will hardly see people rushing to view.

Seller not doing themselves any favours with some of the wording in the ad and their response to one comment; almost like they are talking down to viewers. That and of course the price will hardly see people rushing to view.

To be fair, if "RightPrice87" said
    "wats lowest price"
    in my ad, I'd probably do the same thing.

I was being polite just in case he was a member on here :D but with €1600 tax or a bit more and the mileage and 3 owners it's sub €10k IMO.

I might be selling a V6 T'reg so it'd be great if it was accurate but... :D

€1809 if paid in one lump!

What would you say realistically for this car - under €10k surely?
    €1809 if paid in one lump!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Alan_007_ wrote: »

You would think when asking €5k for a 2001 Micra that the seller would at least have invested in a wheel trim to match up the set!!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

NCT Certificate Expiry Date Jan 24 2011

Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Purchased by a Dealer on : 17/08/2015

Notified on : 13/10/2015

So a 14 (nearly 15) year old Micra, with no NCT is going for almost €5k? I knew I shouldve kept the couple I had instead of selling them for a couple of hundred euro :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

What would you say realistically for this car - under €10k surely?

That's a 5.0 V10 Touareg. You'd pay at least €10k for a 2.5 of the same year/mileage/spec.

It might not be worth €21k but IMO it's worth closer to €21k than €10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Clutch is surely ridden more than a fairground donkey... Up and down to the bingo hall in 1st gear. Then there's servicing. It's technically not due it's first, and may not have gotten it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Genuine 7400 miles ... and a photo of the odometer reading 7700. I feel so misled :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

NCT Certificate Expiry Date Jan 24 2011

Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Purchased by a Dealer on : 17/08/2015

Notified on : 13/10/2015

So a 14 (nearly 15) year old Micra, with no NCT is going for almost €5k? I knew I shouldve kept the couple I had instead of selling them for a couple of hundred euro :rolleyes:
    Yeah I noticed that as well, which makes it even funnier that he wants 5 grand for something that hasn't went through the NCT since 2009 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That's a 5.0 V10 Touareg. You'd pay at least €10k for a 2.5 of the same year/mileage/spec.

It might not be worth €21k but IMO it's worth closer to €21k than €10k.

I'd absolutely love to have a spin in one of those V10 TDI's.

I think they're class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

colm_mcm wrote: »

You can't deny that it's a beautiful car in an immaculate condition though. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement