Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Erm, yeah. They don't make them like they used to (well, since last year anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Rough Avensis, starting problems and he wants 3100 sold as seen!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/10936019?offset=30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Rough Avensis, starting problems and he wants 3100 sold as seen!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/10936019?offset=30

It's not a bad price if you compare it to another 2007 Avensis D4D. The starting problems can be as simple as a bad battery or bad glow plugs.

The fact that it's rough on the inside makes the price go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

5W30 wrote: »
    It's not a bad price if you compare it to another 2007 Avensis D4D. The starting problems can be as simple as a bad battery or bad glow plugs.

The fact that it's rough on the inside makes the price go down.
    Its not just the interior thats rough, look at the passenger side pics.
    The fact that there is a kids seat in the boot and no pics of the rear seats makes me think the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Its not just the interior thats rough, look at the passenger side pics.
    The fact that there is a kids seat in the boot and no pics of the rear seats makes me think the worst.

True but as I said before - the price is lower than other equivalent cars for that reason. The starting problem is probably a simple one.

• Advertisement

Guarantee you it stinks of dog as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    Genuine bargain at 4950
    Oxymoron of the year :pac:

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Oxymoron of the year :pac:

Fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mini-metro-13000-miles-trade-in-taken/10954673?sv=1

I don't care how low the mileage is, these haven't started rising in price yet and I doubt a basic enough model like this will for a while.

I'm not driving a mini metro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

ba_barabus wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mini-metro-13000-miles-trade-in-taken/10954673?sv=1

I don't care how low the mileage is, these haven't started rising in price yet and I doubt a basic enough model like this will for a while.

Even though that's a later version, (which is a lot better than the earlier cars) it's still a cr@ppy metro underneath. Im not sure if their value will ever be a whole lot.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Guarantee you it stinks of dog as well.

I'm willing to bet this was an owner who left 1 or more dogs in the car while they went round the shops, dogs got bored, escaped the boot, and then chewed random bits throughout the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Even though that's a later version, (which is a lot better than the earlier cars) it's still a cr@ppy metro underneath. Im not sure if their value will ever be a whole lot.

arent they one of the most dangerous death traps ever built?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

They didn't do well at all in the euro ncap but I'm not sure if many small cars from the late 1970's would do much better.

End of the line...[original research?]

In 1997, the Rover 100 gave a poor performance in EuroNCAP crash tests[14] (despite the improved safety features, including side impact bars in the doors and an optional driver's airbag, the 1970s design was showing its age) – it was at the time the only car tested to receive a one-star Adult Occupant Rating. Other superminis tested at the same time received 2 or 3 stars out of five. The passenger compartment was subjected to severe structural damage in the frontal-offset test and results showed a high risk of injury to all body regions for the driver. Meanwhile, the side impact test also showed high injury risks.

The Rover 100's dismal safety showing was not its only problem by 1997. It was fast falling behind the best cars in its sector when it came to design, build quality, refinement and specification, although it remained strong in terms of fuel economy and affordability. Unlike the Ford Fiesta, Volkswagen Polo and Vauxhall Corsa, the Rover 100 could still provide sub-£7,000 motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

yep and that and the fact if it wasn't crashed it rusted apart.... hence why the owner can say they are rare!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

End of the line...[original research?]

In 1997, the Rover 100 gave a poor performance in EuroNCAP crash tests[14] (despite the improved safety features, including side impact bars in the doors and an optional driver's airbag, the 1970s design was showing its age) – it was at the time the only car tested to receive a one-star Adult Occupant Rating. Other superminis tested at the same time received 2 or 3 stars out of five. The passenger compartment was subjected to severe structural damage in the frontal-offset test and results showed a high risk of injury to all body regions for the driver. Meanwhile, the side impact test also showed high injury risks.

The Rover 100's dismal safety showing was not its only problem by 1997. It was fast falling behind the best cars in its sector when it came to design, build quality, refinement and specification, although it remained strong in terms of fuel economy and affordability. Unlike the Ford Fiesta, Volkswagen Polo and Vauxhall Corsa, the Rover 100 could still provide sub-£7,000 motoring.

Ah lads. It's was already a 16 odd year old design by the time it was new. We're spoiled these days. Nobody born in the 90s could contemplate a model running for almost 10 years never mind double that. But that was the reality of cars till very recently.

Just think of some of the cars you could buy new in the 90s, Fiat 126, Saab 900, Volvo 240, MIni, Citroen 2CV, Peugeot 505. All with production runs of close to or well in excess of 20 years.

Popping a 15 year old supermini at the end of its life cycle into a test designed for a completely different era just isn't cricket. That said this dung bucket is worth about 150 quid. 10 times that me bo##ix

they changed and "upgraded" their safety on the newer models of the rover which was still **** in the 90s. Infact the above quote came from after they had tried to improve the saftey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

they changed and "upgraded" their safety on the newer models of the rover which was still **** in the 90s. Infact the above quote came from after they had tried to improve the saftey

Yeah hut its all relative. There's only so much you can do. It would be like trying to fit a hybrid in a Hillman. Could be done but .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Whew in Christ's name did he get that price?

Also what a terrible ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

YbFocus wrote: »
    Whew in Christ's name did he get that price?

Also what a terrible ad!

It's great he included so many photos of that interior, and those extras...

I actually saw a Phaeton not that long ago on Mount Street lower, it was running tiny wheels on it, it looked ridiculous, I want to say they were 16", but I have my doubts such a wheel would actually clear the brakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It's great he included so many photos of that interior, and those extras...

I actually saw a Phaeton not that long ago on Mount Street lower, it was running tiny wheels on it, it looked ridiculous, I want to say they were 16", but I have my doubts such a wheel would actually clear the brakes!

He probably sold the original wheels :P it'd be a quick buck, didn't they come with the 19" Helios'

One of the consultants in the Santry sports clinic has a very clean black one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10845799

Nicely spec'd car indeed, but I can't see a UK reg'd 3.0 petrol Mk2 Laguna going for that kind of money over here. You would struggle to get that for a clean diesel.

No vrt export rebate applicable either.

Pictures taken in spain too.

I wonder what the owner is in hiding for?

Pictures taken in spain too.

I wonder what the owner is in hiding for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

how about €29k for a 2005 320d...

http://www.autoleasing.ie/car_for_sale.aspx?id=7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Has to be one too many 9's surely?
    If not then close the thread up, Robtri just won!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

YbFocus wrote: »
    Has to be one too many 9's surely?
    If not then close the thread up, Robtri just won!

Yup, winner right there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement