Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I actually know the lad selling that...might send him a message...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Im guessing the ad is from 2006?

Wossack wrote: »
    Im guessing the ad is from 2006?

Yup. Ad is just ancient. They're no longer Velo Ireland, and are now Haines Fleet. Sound lads out there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Yup. Ad is just ancient. They're no longer Velo Ireland, and are now Haines Fleet. Sound lads out there...

Awesome. Wonder if they still have the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Ye know Haines fleet myself great lads. I bought my last 2 bmw, s from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superwofy

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Superwofy wrote: »

That one is in Ireland a lot longer than most FTOs going by the reg. I think I know who owned it before, guy was the longest standing FTO owner in Ireland at one stage. It is genuinely one Irish owner. Think he traded it in for an A5 or something years ago.
    It's not worth 5k though, but values will rise, and have risen in the last few years for them as classic insurance gets more realistic and numbers on the road dwindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superwofy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That one is in Ireland a lot longer than most FTOs going by the reg. I think I know who owned it before, guy was the longest standing FTO owner in Ireland at one stage. It is genuinely one Irish owner. Think he traded it in for an A5 or something years ago.
    It's not worth 5k though, but values will rise, and have risen in the last few years for them as classic insurance gets more realistic and numbers on the road dwindle.

Are you thinking of Kace? Have a picture of his. The reg is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah, I thought it was his.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought it was his.

That FTO was for sale about 3-4 weeks ago from a dealer for €1500 asking.

Someone chancing a few bob in profit methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11051803

You'd get a very well sorted 01 TT with €2500, €9k seems insane for the sake of some purple wrap. Would 285bhp actually be possible with no supporting mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

You'd get a very well sorted 01 TT with €2500, €9k seems insane for the sake of some purple wrap. Would 285bhp actually be possible with no supporting mods?

It's that price cos you get yer one with the car. :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

hubba hubba

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Even at that it still seems a bit steep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I've seen that car.. looks quite tidy (yeah I still mean the car) but the purple "creeping goggles" windscreen tint is hmmm.. not to my taste. It may be the reason they only have night time shots of the car!

20140130-160901.jpg

I bet the rubbing on the wheel arches gets really old really fast when driving that.

I bet the rubbing on the wheel arches gets really old really fast when driving that.
    You'd think wouldn't you? T'would have me driven bonkers within a day, but it seems by the laws of owning a German car in Ireland ( the SumpUndArschenScrapin laws) the more country your roads are, the closer your sump must be to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

You'd think wouldn't you? T'would have me driven bonkers within a day, but it seems by the laws of owning a German car in Ireland ( the SumpUndArschenScrapin laws) the more country your roads are, the closer your sump must be to the ground.

STANCED

HELLAFLUSH YO

Y O LIVE O

HASHISHTAG TUCKED

Etc etc etc bellend talk

The camber would have me pissed off chewing tyres off but I like it otherwise :D

The camber would have me pissed off chewing tyres off but I like it otherwise :D
    Leaving my personal aversion to scraping bumpers or wheelarches on standard roads aside:
    It's different ( in a world of a bajillion lookalikey modded A4s/passats/golfs) and it looks to be well executed. At least what's shown in those photos - but you'd have to see the windscreen tint in the day.

Pricewise... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

The thing about the whole lowered thing i love is the lads with the stickers shouting about their lowness are usually like standard height or maybe on a 30mm drop. Not actually low!

But yet you get "sorry, avoiding potholes"
    "SLAMMED" etc. .

Always makes me laugh :)

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »
    The thing about the whole lowered thing i love is the lads with the stickers shouting about their lowness are usually like standard height or maybe on a 30mm drop. Not actually low!

But yet you get "sorry, avoiding potholes"
    "SLAMMED" etc. .

Always makes me laugh :)

I guess when you're running extra wide wheels/tires which most would be for a "stance" any drop can see you rubbing on arches pretty quick, especially on a car that was low from the factory.

I guess when you're running extra wide wheels/tires which most would be for a "stance" any drop can see you rubbing on arches pretty quick, especially on a car that was low from the factory.

Wasn't saint it about that car though, that is low in fairness, I'm taking about the golfs hacked into the clouds on 18's and then lowered 30mm.
    So essentially standard height once again.
    Then spouting about how low the car is etc :)

Sorry just ranting about something that gets to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/11060369
    TOYOTA ESTIMA 7 SEATER DIESEL **IMMACULATE**

Really like these yokes as they're so well put together and they really are massive inside. Mid engined and rwd too! But 2.5k is a long ways off, the main draw of them is the fact they're so cheap at the moment and at 900+ a year to tax they're not the cheapest to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

YbFocus wrote: »
    Wasn't saint it about that car though, that is low in fairness, I'm taking about the golfs hacked into the clouds on 18's and then lowered 30mm.
    So essentially standard height once again.
    Then spouting about how low the car is etc :)

Sorry just ranting about something that gets to me :)

isnt your car slammed too?

isnt your car slammed too?

Yep? :confused:

only confirming. relax :) so touchy lately

only confirming. relax :) so touchy lately

Not touchy just thought you hadn't understood :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc-90/10634455

"Everything working perfectly"
    "Turbo charger is blown"
    "Photo is not of the car"

Xg6q4JL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

bidiots wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc-90/10634455

"Everything working perfectly"
    "Turbo charger is blown"
    "Photo is not of the car"

Xg6q4JL.gif

Photo is not of the car....... the suspense alone makes me want to buy it.

• Advertisement

whats with people saying "starts first time" is that some sort of bonus? Are some people impressed if they buy a car that starts first time

FFS how the hell can that ever be a selling point to put in an ad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement