Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

bear1 wrote: »
    Wait. Wut? The S4 is up for sale already? Doesn't he only have it a few months? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    More like he added an extra 0 than he should have. :)

Having owned one of these cars (and mine was bought at the very low end of the price spectrum) and sold it on for quite a bit more than a paid, that car is worth a lot more than "€750"....

Low miles, NCT'd and with the more "efficient" 2.8 engine that cars worth €2-€2.5k all day long.

Hey what would I know not like I didn't own one...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

166man wrote: »
    Having owned one of these cars (and mine was bought at the very low end of the price spectrum) and sold it on for quite a bit more than a paid, that car is worth a lot more than "€750"....

Low miles, NCT'd and with the more "efficient" 2.8 engine that cars worth €2-€2.5k all day long.

To be fair, €750 is still closer to 2k than 7500 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Top Dog wrote: »
    Wait. Wut? The S4 is up for sale already? Doesn't he only have it a few months? :eek:

I can't remember fully but I believe something changed and I needed to change the car.
    I think the reason is on the adverts.ie thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I can't remember fully but I believe something changed and I needed to change the car.
    I think the reason is on the adverts.ie thread.

You're right, it is.
    Tax just out.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/catering-for-sale/american-food-truck/11561309?sv=true

I don't know what used and slightly rough examples of these sell for in America but somehow I doubt its $27,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Alooks like it's just a bare van at the minute minus any catering equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Owning one does not mean you are an expert in pricing them:confused:

Seen plenty go for 750 to 1k, saw an ad on here selling 3 for 750e each

Unless you know the car and have checked it out, there is no reason why it should not be a 750 car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Alooks like it's just a bare van at the minute minus any catering equipment

Ya just bare van or at least that's the way I read it "ready for hatch, paint and equipment" is I'm assuming how it was supposed to be written. Must have a gawk at Craigslist to see can I find a similar one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

A 10 year old 407 coupe for €15,000! It's also 2.2 petrol so tax is in excess of €1000!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-407-coupe/11394756

I'd say €2k would be the most this is worth. I've only ever driven Peugeot's so it's not me being negative against French cars. I own a 407 coupe, a 2.0 HDi one (more desirable to the 10 people in Ireland who might actually want one) in mint condition and high spec and I couldn't even get an offer above €5k for mine over a year ago!

This lad must be off his rocker.

Also from doing a search on this thread it looks like it was up for sale about 3 years ago for €22k!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78679909&postcount=3308

Hasn't been driven much in 3 years!

You'd wonder why it was bought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm asking for 15000€ for the car, & she won't be sold for much less than that, so don't waste my time or ur own wit offers or trade ins, their loads of other 407 coupe advertised here for less but wit huge milage compared to this car, so for the price or a modern day small car u could be the owner of this all but new coupe,

:pac::pac::pac:

Does look nice I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Ya just bare van or at least that's the way I read it "ready for hatch, paint and equipment" is I'm assuming how it was supposed to be written. Must have a gawk at Craigslist to see can I find a similar one

Food truck thing is HUGE in hipster parts, I'd imagine the sellers are hoping to sell to someone trying to transplant that Bay Area hipster food truck vibe to Dublin.

Even Piaggio Apes are silly money in Ireland, the truck looks better value than some of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It does, but that price :eek:

Mental. I can't believe someone seriously thinks it is worth €15000.

wonski wrote: »

I'd mention that said person may be on cocaine but I don't want to confuse people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Where were you when I was selling mine ;)
    wonski wrote: »

He can't truly believe he'll get that sort of money for it.

They had a very limited appeal to people and you have to have serious commitment to them to fork out the tax for them. They haven't huge power and the suspension is softer than most people would like.

I personally loved my 2 406 coupes and like my 407 coupe but I'd never think it was worth that sort of money!

Especially when it's essentially sitting up the whole time and doing no mileage!

I'd mention that said person may be on cocaine but I don't want to confuse people :pac:

If you said coke that could be confusing :)

I wonder how much that car was originally 10 years ago... 35-45k? (being generous here)?

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I wouldn't personally buy one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

2006 407 Coupe Petrol list price €38k.
    OMSP now €2k. That's according to the Revenue VRT Calculator.

• Advertisement

jelutong wrote: »
    2006 407 Coupe Petrol list price €38k.
    OMSP now €2k. That's according to the Revenue VRT Calculator.

So this guys thinks that the car is still worth 40% of the original price.
    Nutter :D

So this guys thinks that the car is still worth 40% of the original price.
    Nutter :D

Or that the car is worth over 7 times of omsp.

Not sure which one is worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Don't know if posted already....

1.7 million... Must be made of gold, or else a dropped decimal point...

http://www.cbg.ie/toyota-auris-2013-meath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Owning one does not mean you are an expert in pricing them:confused:

Seen plenty go for 750 to 1k, saw an ad on here selling 3 for 750e each

Unless you know the car and have checked it out, there is no reason why it should not be a 750 car

Owning one and knowing what it sold for gives me a better idea as to the market value of them. A figure that you don't know I should point out, unless you're a genius, which going by your previous posts, you most certainly are not. :)

I forgot to have an opinion on a car on the threads you have to go and view them. Not all of us have that kind of time on our hands, this thing called real life exists. If you have the time then more power to you.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

owning one does not give you a better understanding of the market for that particular car than anyone else with half an interest in cars :confused:

I wouldnt really trust your judgement when it comes to cars anyway tbf

cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Watching Fast n Loud recently Aaron said all cars have one thing in common they are worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for them!

I see some of the ads and think blind optimism...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Seems pretty saleable to me, older BMW's are going up in value, something like this, a low mileage 2 owner car with a reliable engine I could see selling for 2/2.5k easy had he actually advertised it at a normal price.

Big tax and a short test will really limit it's appeal imo. Maybe you are right, maybe it will make over 2k but tbh I can't see it making much more than 1k. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Owning one and knowing what it sold for gives me a better idea as to the market value of them. A figure that you don't know I should point out, unless you're a genius, which going by your previous posts, you most certainly are not. :)

I forgot to have an opinion on a car on the threads you have to go and view them. Not all of us have that kind of time on our hands, this thing called real life exists. If you have the time then more power to you.

Cheers.

I'm not an accounting expert but I'm fairly sure that's the market price not the market value. I'm open to correction on that though :) Either way I understand the point of what you are saying.
    Big tax and a short test will really limit it's appeal imo. Maybe you are right, maybe it will make over 2k but tbh I can't see it making much more than 1k. :)

I would say you would be right 1.5-2 years ago. These things have actually gone up a little bit in value recently. I think they have become popular among a younger generation and demand is driving up the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

To your average Joe it will limit it's appeal, but your average Joe isn't going out to buy an old 7 series, an enthusiast is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

To your average Joe it will limit it's appeal, but your average Joe isn't going out to buy an old 7 series, an enthusiast is.

That's exactly it. It's appeal is limited to enthusiast which is only going to be a small audience. It will have to be pretty good for even an enthusiast to pay 2.5k for it. With a short test would an enthusiast really pay that much?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement