Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Hmmmm....Granard eh??!! Something about that place..... Can't quite think......

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Id the very kane to know what it is about granard that you know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

From the artice: A senior source explained: "I don't know whether it is greed or naivety but people were coming in and asking to buy vehicles they had seen online while gardai were swarming around the place on Monday."

Fookin hell, is there no stopping people? Asking to buy while guards are swarming the place, no wonder guys are at that when people are that gullible and willing to hand over money for a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Odelay wrote: »
    From the artice: A senior source explained: "I don't know whether it is greed or naivety but people were coming in and asking to buy vehicles they had seen online while gardai were swarming around the place on Monday."

Fookin hell, is there no stopping people? Asking to buy while guards are swarming the place, no wonder guys are at that when people are that gullible and willing to hand over money for a deal.
    You'll find people won't give a toss where the car / van comes from if they are getting a deal.
    Literally.
    People are naive though. When they ask for a service history and get a fax sheet that is so obviously copied or just made up....
    And, then they go "ah shur, that's grand". I'm saving a pile of cash on this deal.
    I've seen it with my own eyes - people become blind to these scams when they think they are getting a bargain.
    "But that's really cheap!!":confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

• Advertisement

This was in best skangermobiles before.
    Twice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

How many dislikes can we give that vid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What sort of moron does that to a bog standard diesel passat .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

LOL! a non turbo Chaser for €12,000:rolleyes:

Its not even the 2.5 litre version non turbo, its just the bog standard 138hp 2 litre, he would be lucky to get 3k for it. Also not NCTed.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-chaser/11717954

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

looks quite nice, bit like a camry with a body kit in that pic

looks quite nice, bit like a camry with a body kit in that pic

The car looks great IMO, but it is the performance vs price side that is all wrong. A turbo Manual is a 12k+ car not that, he is clearly dreaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

12k for the turbo is even too much. That yoke probably made €1500 in Japan. Only a moron would pay asking.

12k for the turbo is even too much. That yoke probably made €1500 in Japan. Only a moron would pay asking.

Nah most are going for 14k+, I will be selling mine soon. I was looking at importing a non turbo for parts and panels even the Japanese dont like the 2 litre versions, would cost 500 euro, if you were to import it then add 750 agent fee, 1000 shipping, 650 in customs and duty, 780 for VRT.

No where near the price he is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like drifting

Does that make me a clown :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Autosport wrote: »
    I like drifting

Does that make me a clown :P

You said it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We can't all like the same things, it would be boring if we did :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Don't mind the bitter men, drifting is a laugh.

That car, for €2000 plus a 1UZ would be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

LOL! a non turbo Chaser for €12,000:rolleyes:

Its not even the 2.5 litre version non turbo, its just the bog standard 138hp 2 litre, he would be lucky to get 3k for it. Also not NCTed.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-chaser/11717954

Strikes me as someone who's made a huuuuuge mistake and is tryna scramble out of it.

Even the wording of it doesn't make sense, most people who even know what a chaser is give a toss about petrol, Tax prices etc.
    Thats gonna sell for 2.5 as a good conversion candidate or not at all.

There was a well modified diesel chaser up for sale for months and the poor lad couldn't shift it and that's with our love of diesels in this country :L

JC01 wrote: »
    Strikes me as someone who's made a huuuuuge mistake and is tryna scramble out of it.

Even the wording of it doesn't make sense, most people who even know what a chaser is give a toss about petrol
    Tax prices etc that's gonna sell for 2.5 as a good conversion candidate or not at all.

There was a well modified diesel chaser up for sale for months and the poor lad couldn't shift it and that's with our love of diesels in this country :L

That is what I was thinking. They probably thought they were getting a real bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

And if he tests it the price goes up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

YbFocus wrote: »
    Think I'll make a bold offer and see what he does :)

Imagine trying to clay and detar that yoke? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Nah most are going for 14k+, I will be selling mine soon. I was looking at importing a non turbo for parts and panels even the Japanese dont like the 2 litre versions, would cost 500 euro, if you were to import it then add 750 agent fee, 1000 shipping, 650 in customs and duty, 780 for VRT.

No where near the price he is looking.

14k+ on what planet??? :pac: the last Chaser I seen to make that money was a big spec one that took an age to sell. You'd import one and put it on the road for 10k theres not a prayer that most are going for 14k+

12k for that standard 2.0 one is one of the biggest dreamers I've ever seen on here. I've walked away from nicer 2.5 turbo ones for a lot less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

mullingar wrote: »

Crush it. Crush it now. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

Probably not too much of a dreamer pricewise given the price of Landcruisers, but he may be a dreamer when it comes to his own safety! Available for viewing somewhere on the M6.:D

https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/07-toyota-land-cruiser/11857814

53902961.jpeg

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

^^^ about the right money for what it is if it was a runner... But with a big bill for a pump on the way, plus I doubt it was minded in any way...

.. oh and he's baths!t crazy... What would possess you?

maybe the pump let go on the motorway and it's still there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Did he take those photos just after it had broken down? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

TrailerBob wrote: »
    maybe the pump let go on the motorway and it's still there:D
    Did he take those photos just after it had broken down? :D

Ye, that was my first thought too! Sort of like Basil Fawlty except instead of hitting it with a tree, he put it straight up on donedeal!:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-coupe-t20-1998-as-new/11968829

Tacky looking but low milage Fiat Coupe, seems a bit OTT to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

millington wrote: »
    Tacky looking but low milage Fiat Coupe, seems a bit OTT to me

I suspect he forgot a digit with that mileage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement