Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

He'd want to know at least 3k off that to get any sort of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Johnny Cash is selling his bus but he must be still waiting for that 1st viewer to call to his "friends" garage as the ads 40 days old and the 1st to see will buy. though 90,000 miles or kms on the clock for a 27 year old bus cant be bad

https://www.donedeal.ie/coaches-for-sale/give-away-price-this-coach-drive-perfectly/11647729

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

21k Supra that's "very close 2 been concourse", "bone dry and no noices", and most importantly "its very orginal". Bargain.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-supra-2jz-twin-turbo-6-speed-manual/11564228

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

21k Supra that's "very close 2 been concourse", "bone dry and no noices", and most importantly "its very orginal". Bargain.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-supra-2jz-twin-turbo-6-speed-manual/11564228

Worth every penny of that these days. Nothing dreamer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

That Supra is class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

rightly or wrongly, people tend to pay a lot for jap scrap

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

If it's the same car it was €29k a few months ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Hardly outrageous, consider that a pristine Skyline GTR from the same year will cost about 40-50 grand...

(:()

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Only 84k its a kilometers clock converted to miles so id say Its only 70kms and 14k miles roughly
    I'm not convinced about his maths skills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hahahahahahahaa fcukin gas craic reading your posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the clock was kms now miles. so there were 70kms on it, then it was swapped to count miles, and 14k miles have been put on it

so the car has done over 90k kms, but it currently reads 84km

I think that is what he is saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Why? I think this is an estimate based on the last owners information

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

At the risk of getting a warning here but I have to ask.

Are you just trolling or have you got some sort of mental imbalance?

Don't say something like that to him it goes straight to his head. He thinks he's winding everyone up but really he just disrupts enough threads with comments like that, that sometimes he gets a few replies and convinces himself he is le great troll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

MGEz_NWEz_ZWVi_ZGIx_Yz_Qw_OWE4_ZGM2_ZDc1_YTgy_MTRk_MDKvq_Bdp.jpg
    free image uploading

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica/12028654

At the risk of over shadowing the trolls criticizing one of the greatest jap cars of the nineties I felt this was something deserving of a place in the dreamers thread although a case could be made for it to be in the skangermobiles thread too thanks to dodgy matte black paint job. A 3sfe celica for 4.5k now thats value :P (450 would be more like it so perhaps an extra 0?)

millington wrote: »
    Why? I think this is an estimate based on the last owners information

well no. if you take what he says at face value he is saying the clock was changed from miles to KM and the reading is somehow a mix of miles and KM. that makes NO sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

And no mention of NCT or tax. Looks horrible, €450 would be too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

well no. if you take what he says at face value he is saying the clock was changed from miles to KM and the reading is somehow a mix of miles and KM. that makes NO sense.

Normally what's done is the clock itself won't be changed, but a conversion chip on the signal wire to the speedo effectively only sends 62% of the pulses through, meaning that where you once were showing 100kmph on the clocks when you were you were doing 100kmph, it would now show 62kmph on the dial. Usually they put a sticker over the "k"
    This also has the effect of making the speed where the Japanese limiter kicks in to be 180mph instead of 180kmph,
    I assume this is a Japanese car that came via the uk

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Normally what's done is the clock itself won't be changed, but a conversion chip on the signal wire to the speedo effectively only sends 62% of the pulses through, meaning that where you once were showing 100kmph on the clocks when you were you were doing 100kmph, it would now show 62kmph on the dial. Usually they put a sticker over the "k"
    This also has the effect of making the speed where the Japanese limiter kicks in to be 180mph instead of 180kmph,
    I assume this is a Japanese car that came via the uk

irrespective of how the clock was changed it doesnt show a mixture of miles and km.

• Advertisement

irrespective of how the clock was changed it doesnt show a mixture of miles and km.

the clock used to tick over every km. it was changed at 70k kms, to tick over every mile

therefore the 84k on the clock actually accounts for 90k+ kms

But it does though. The odometer would be a mixture of the kms put up before the chip was put in and then the kms put up x0.62

If you had a car with 100,000km on it, then you fitted the chip and did another 100,000km - the odometer reading would be 162,000

the clock used to tick over every km. it was changed at 70k kms, to tick over every mile

therefore the 84k on the clock actually accounts for 90k+ kms

you think they took a clock that showed 70,000 KM, changed the clock to miles, and then left the reading at 70,000? why would you do that?

That's generally what they used to do in the uk. Fit the chip and not change the odometer.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's generally what they used to do in the uk. Fit the chip and not change the odometer.

fair enough. seems a very strange thing to do. for a car with 70K you are basically adding 40K to the mileage.

These would generally be enthusiast owned and it would be taken for granted that that's what would be done. Owners usually hang on to the auction sheet etc,
    Not really a thing here in Ireland, even before kms came in, having km only speedo in a mph country was never a bother!

At the risk of getting a warning here but I have to ask.

Are you just trolling or have you got some sort of mental imbalance?

No mental imbalance. you would have to be a fool to pay 29k for a supra or even 21k

that is just my opinion

No mental imbalance. you would have to be a fool to pay 29k for a supra or even 21k

that is just my opinion

Yeah but you know nothing then.

My opinion of course but also the truth. The rarity of anything makes it increase.
    Except for trolls, nobody cares about trolls.

Actually on that note, i always imagine you are a young chap cos I'd hate if you were doing this at any decent age, that'd be very sad and you'd need to take a good luck at your life.

who's trolling? :confused:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement