Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Some of those are not 2jz. They're not in nearly as good condition...oh and they're automatic. They don't even compare to the 21k one here in Ireland. Not to mention the Irish one is original and fsh.

Apples and oranges. And you've no idea what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

automatic nonturbo
    automatic
    manual nonturbo
    automatic twin turbo for... 15k euros

so that would make a manual twin turbo with less miles and completely stock worth more than 15k euros. which reflects the listed price of 21k

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

First car - auto, non turbo

Second car - also auto, non turbo. Rusty n/s sill, ill fitting bumpers front and back etc etc

Third car - non turbo (+ a bit gaudy but thats just imo)

Fourth car - similarly like the third a bit gaudy but thats neither here nor there. Its still €15k plus VRT plus tax and everything else.

I guarantee you will be well into €20k with that bu the end of it all, and its still automatic.

I'm going there.

Power pants, you're a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

just have to agree to disagree

I bet the seller reduces it by another 8k

similar to all the knowledgeable ones on here believeing that the twin cam heap (with no engine) was worth every penny that seller was looking for and would be snapped up instantly.

• Advertisement

Do you not understand market prices? Demand for item = price goes up.
    This is basic man.

Yes, I am very familiar with that concept. man

We can all get excited about the car but until someone pays that money it is not the value of the car.

I wonder if anyone will buy it?

Im betting no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Yes, I am very familiar with that concept. man

We can all get excited about the car but until someone pays that money it is not the value of the car.

I wonder if anyone will buy it?

Im betting no

Personally I wouldn't pay that for it. But I know lads who have paid that and more for similar skylines. 21k may sound excessive to you but it's what it's worth. The same with that 20k twin cam that was on here a while back, would I pay that much for one, no, but someone in Cork did.

I would pay and appreciate a decent skyline is worth that type of prices and more all day long.

But not the supra

Also the twin cam I was referring to was a rusty shell, literally. just a shell lying in a farm yard but the experts on here argued it would be snapped up and go for big money.

think I pointed out it was not really a twin cam as there was no engine in it

The car did not sell and as far as Im aware still lying there.

But im a troll :rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'm going there.

Power pants, you're a troll.

What I find fascinating is how I was accused previously of being a "troll" by certain mods on here and this "power pants" thing has gotten away with blatant trolling of all sorts of good threads and posters in recent times.

It's as if the mods are oblivious or something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

I would pay and appreciate a decent skyline is worth that type of prices and more all day long.

But not the supra

Also the twin cam I was referring to was a rusty shell, literally. just a shell lying in a farm yard but the experts on here argued it would be snapped up and go for big money.

think I pointed out it was not really a twin cam as there was no engine in it

The car did not sell and as far as Im aware still lying there.

But im a troll :rolleyes:;)

I'm as big a skyline head as can be and not much of a Toyota man at all but I'm still drooling over that. Why would you consider a liner for 20k but not a supra?

Not to mention your jap scrap comment...

166man wrote: »
    What I find fascinating is how I was accused previously of being a "troll" by certain mods on here and this "power pants" thing has gotten away with blatant trolling of all sorts of good threads and posters in recent times.

It's as if the mods are oblivious or something ;)

Constantly posting the word troll does not make one a troll. I have differing opinions in certain threads which I back up with extensive information.

If you can not handle this, either pop me on ignore or respond in a dignified and respectful fashion.

Posting a couple of UK spec automatic sheds of supras and comparing them to the one on thread is not extensively backing anything up, if anything it proves how little you know.

that very well may be the case. I dont profess to know everything about cars. I am using this forum as a learning tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Constantly posting the word troll does not make one a troll. I have differing opinions in certain threads which I back up with extensive information.

If you can not handle this, either pop me on ignore or respond in a dignified and respectful fashion.

But the extensive information you used to back up your view on a pretty immaculate TT mkiv supra showed that the ballpark figure is around 20k so you effectively proved yourself wrong. 15k for an auto TT vs an original getrag v160 six speed manual transmission equipped TT supra equates to at least a 5k price difference in most markets this difference is even greater! in the US they pay mad money for just the box itself. I wouldn't call ya a troll but I would say your view on the supra is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Is this the same guy waxing lyrical about the ditchfinders on another thread? Ok then....

Im not going to derail a thread about the pros regarding cheaper tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

You're 100% correct. My apologies.

What's nearly funnier is other posters coming out of the woodwork to merely "thank" those posts by yourself. Certainly goes a long way in proving it anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

166man wrote: »
    You're 100% correct. My apologies.

What's nearly funnier is other posters coming out of the woodwork to merely "thank" those posts by yourself. Certainly goes a long way in proving it anyway! :)
    Considering I'm the only poster to thank PP, I'm going to assume the second part of your pathetic post is aimed at me.

To that, I say. Go ask me hole, because I really couldn't give a flying fúck what the likes of you thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Quazzie, 166man and power pants
    Stop posting in this thread until 8am 14 April

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

biko wrote: »
    Quazzie, 166man and power pants
    Stop posting in this thread until 8am 14 April

Is that when your flight leaves? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

YbFocus wrote: »
    Worth every penny of that these days. Nothing dreamer there.

Having read the last few pages of the thread I'd be inclined to agree with you especially seeing what the prices were like for similar yokes in the UK. I never thought the car itself wasn't worth it, if it was indeed top quality. To me the way the ad was written made it come across like seller was trying to big it up so the cynic in me figured he was stretching the truth hence it was a dreamer. Whenever someone mentions changes to the clock it's a major warning to me but looks like I'm off base here which is fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Some of those are not 2jz. They're not in nearly as good condition...oh and they're automatic. They don't even compare to the 21k one here in Ireland. Not to mention the Irish one is original and fsh.

Apples and oranges. And you've no idea what you're talking about.
    They're all 2JZ but not all are turbo versions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

+1.

The 2JZ-GE in the non-turbo and also found in the 98-05 Lexus GS300. The turbo version is the 2ZJ-GTE. This engine was also available in the JDM GS300, aka the Aristo. And a bit of a dreamer too.... https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-aristo-2003-twin-turbo/11583213

mullingar wrote: »
    +1.

The 2JZ-GE in the non-turbo and also found in the 98-05 Lexus GS300. The turbo version is the 2ZJ-GTE. This engine was also available in the JDM GS300, aka the Aristo. And a bit of a dreamer too.... https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-aristo-2003-twin-turbo/11583213
    More than a bit :eek: That car is worth about 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

mullingar wrote: »
    +1.

Very alteeza from the back and looks like a gs300 from the front, so style wise i think it looks like frankenstein, but i like the interior though.. but not for 12k

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

millington wrote: »
    More than a bit :eek: That car is worth about 5k

Also suspicious MOT history. Had 19k miles in July 2006, tested again in November 2007 with 18k Miles.

So it lost 1k miles in 16 months.

robbiew wrote: »
    Very alteeza from the back and looks like a gs300 from the front, so style wise i think it looks like frankenstein, but i like the interior though.. but not for 12k

Thats because it is a GS300 but with Toyota badges and a 2JZGTE

• Advertisement

millington wrote: »
    They're all 2JZ but not all are turbo versions

I wasn't aware that they were all 2JZ. For some reason I thought they had a different detuned engine altogether. Still though, two litre twin turbo manual over the auto n/a any day of the week please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement