Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

The styling is 100% original, except for the rear tail lights. It has the 98-01 tail lights, they changed in 02 but are fully interchangeable. Its definitely an 02+ shape due to the odometer. The 98-01 odometer had a perfect rectangle.

Great to see they kept the Toyota and V300 badge

These only have a 4 speed auto as the torque was too high for the standard 5 speed....

/nerd hat off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

I wasn't aware that they were all 2JZ. For some reason I thought they had a different detuned engine altogether. Still though, two litre twin turbo manual over the auto n/a any day of the week please.

They never came 2 litre either :eek: the earlier A70s did but not the A80s
    mullingar wrote: »
    The styling is 100% original, except for the rear tail lights. It has the 98-01 tail lights, they changed in 02 but are fully interchangeable. Its definitely an 02+ shape due to the odometer. The 98-01 odometer had a perfect rectangle.

Great to see they kept the Toyota and V300 badge

These only have a 4 speed auto as the torque was too high for the standard 5 speed....

/nerd hat off
    Noticed the tail lights alright but didn't pass much remarks. Must be a private reg aswell as it shouldn't be on an R plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It all goes to show what a bargain lexus gs300's are at the moment they're selling for what the yanks pay for a bare 2jz block. And there ain't much difference between a 2jzge and a 2jzgte block either, the gte has lower comp pistons and oil galleries/squirters and that's about it. They've the same crank and rods and the 2jzge has been proven to take boost very well.
    Gs300's could become a bit scarcer in years to come as rough ones have their hearts harvested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Any chance of a breakaway thread for the minutiae of Jap models/engines/gearboxes/lights and keep this one for laughing at the dreamers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Just think what you'd have to say "nah, I don't want that' to before you'd buy one of these. Off their rocker.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-508-rxh-2-0-bluehdi-180bhp-stt/10644826

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just think what you'd have to say "nah, I don't want that' to before you'd buy one of these. Off their rocker.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-508-rxh-2-0-bluehdi-180bhp-stt/10644826

That's a fierce German looking interior!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That's a fierce German looking interior!

Isn't it...

Those seats especially

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Isn't it...

Those seats especially

Wouldn't be a compliment to the French either!

I miss the mad interiors the French would come out with, although Citroen are on the ball with the new DS5.

It's like Peugeot want to become the BMW of all the French brands, quel dommage I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

milltown wrote: »
    Any chance of a breakaway thread for the minutiae of Jap models/engines/gearboxes/lights and keep this one for laughing at the dreamers?

I think I saw a New Thread option somewhere....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

166man wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a compliment to the French either!

I miss the mad interiors the French would come out with, although Citroen are on the ball with the new DS5.

It's like Peugeot want to become the BMW of all the French brands, quel dommage I say!

But that's what the PSA brand strategy is all about, isn't it?

Peugeot is to be positioned with elegance and driving pleasure in mind while DS is the Innovative and Luxurious car "From Paris".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

grogi wrote: »
    But that's what the PSA brand strategy is all about, isn't it?

Peugeot is to be positioned with elegance and driving pleasure in mind while DS is the Innovative and Luxurious car "From Paris".

I think we have a winner

[/thread]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think we have a winner

[/thread]

I don't know if the 'winner of dreamer' applied to me or PSA...

If the former, here's the source: http://europe.autonews.com/article/20130215/BLOG15/302159898/three-words-describe-psas-new-brand-strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

To PSA, I know you're only quoting them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

15 year old wrapped Audi TT with NCT expiring in a few weeks. Asking just shy of €6k :D

OTljZDUxM2ExYjVhOTFhZTQ3MTI5NTQ2OTY3YmVjNWV5w3uNIZT7RAer7i-dStKNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b180OTc3OTYzNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I think it was about 18 months ago, obviously its not selling.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I actually like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wonder does she come with the car........?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That was asked before....

For that money i would say you get her for a few days...... Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

If I paid €6k I'd be tellin her to get the hell off the bonnet...

Not that I'd pay anywhere near that price...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Oh you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

unkel wrote: »
    15 year old wrapped Audi TT with NCT expiring in a few weeks. Asking just shy of €6k :D

OTljZDUxM2ExYjVhOTFhZTQ3MTI5NTQ2OTY3YmVjNWV5w3uNIZT7RAer7i-dStKNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b180OTc3OTYzNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

I see that car every day...and the pics of it are old, very old. Because it's as rough as a badgers arse that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I see that car every day...and the pics of it are old, very old. Because it's as rough as a badgers arse that one.

Sounds like its not worth €600 let alone €6,000.

Would love to see what it looks like now, and why he won't NCT it either. 6k for a car with no NCT... nah

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TestersWanted

...and the pics of it are old, very old.

Before you said that, I was wondering if it wasn't some kind of attempt at viral marketing for/by the photographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Before you said that, I was wondering if it wasn't some kind of attempt at viral marketing for/by the photographer.

They're the same pics he/she had up on DD when it was for sale the last time. It doesn't look that good in the flesh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

It doesn't look that good in the flesh...

Thanks you might have saved me a trip to Limerick. Contacted the seller and he said he would book it in for an NCT soon. He's using it as a daily driver. There seems to be a good bit of work done on the car, but its just too much... (Money and Looks).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

That TT does have this going for it:

Car has not been in any shows yet so that privilege can be reserved for the new owner

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Effects wrote: »

Car has not been in any shows yet so that privilege can be reserved for the new owner

Translates as : I'm too embarrassed to let people know I own this car so I'll leave it up to the new owner to openly show his stupidity!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Effects wrote: »

It's like selling a worthless painting with "never been put up in gallery" note, or "never auctioned for thousands of €€€".

Hilarious...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

unkel wrote: »

[IMG][/img]Linky

I said I'd see what those era TT's are making on donedeal and I came across this.. Surely it had to have been featured in this thread before? :eek:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-tt-quatro-cabriolet-1-8-2003/11798896

M2RjZTMwNDg3MjM4NWYzMjhlNzIwNTc2YjA3OGM1ODKJh8xJ0B-GXMBmUMqJBkpOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181MDIyNDEwMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement