Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The worst GTI is usually said to be the mk3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The worst GTI is usually said to be the mk3

X2

I had the pleasure of an 8v mk3 gti for about a fornight. It wasn't that pleasurable. Drab car, sh!te engine. Awful yoke tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

16k for an 8 year old felted petrol A4:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/audi/a4/audi-a4-show-car/10643732

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

bazz26 wrote: »

In fairness, those Rotiform alloys & Airlift suspension cost a pretty penny...

... But I cant imagine it selling anytime soon with that price and most people into that spec car would want a diesel engine I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They might have cost a pretty penny but they don't add much monitory value to the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

A petrol SE with air & wheels

6500 offered :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bazz26 wrote: »

That's utterly VILE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

That's utterly VILE!!

".......never driven on bumpy roads"

I fnucking wonder why. The hack of that thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

That's utterly VILE!!

I'm usually a fan of this sorta thing. But the wheels look ghastly. Then the grill looks like chicken wire. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

That's utterly VILE!!

lol, I like it apart from the broke suspension look. And the 16k ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lotus-elise/12733595

30k for an S1... I'd sooner buy this S2 and get a K20 conversion, and respray, and new suspension, and new interior, and pretty much anything else I wanted to get done for that money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

most people into that spec car would want a diesel engine I'd imagine.
    The truest thing ever said about today's serial car molesters, :pac: they love the comforting sound of derv :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

smash wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lotus-elise/12733595

30k for an S1... I'd sooner buy this S2 and get a K20 conversion, and respray, and new suspension, and new interior, and pretty much anything else I wanted to get done for that money.
    It's even got that poxy Rover K-series engine in too if I'm not mistaken? A new head gasket needed everytime you start the damn thing.
    We have a serious contender here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

The range rover the elise fella is selling is about 10k overpriced too!

But then again, fools and their money are easily parted, he'll probably find someone stupid enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

LOTUS - Lots of Trouble Usually Serious...

That's not even the price apparently
    The price quoted is only a bass price to real offers if you can't offer above the asking price then please don't wast my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

and even if you have the money to buy it, you have to be the right type of person
    Please note this car will only be sold to the right person who has the respect to appreciate the class of machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

robtri wrote: »
    and even if you have the money to buy it, you have to be the right type of person
    Indeed, you'd need to be special to even consider buying it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Woah woah woah hang on a second there, stop the bus.

"The price quoted is only a bass price to real offers if you can't offer above the asking price then please don't wast my time."

This is new to me, the seller puts up a price and potential buyers use that as a guide, for the minium amount of cash they need in their suitcase.

That's so off the chart it's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

In fairness, those Rotiform alloys & Airlift suspension cost a pretty penny...

... But I cant imagine it selling anytime soon with that price and most people into that spec car would want a diesel engine I'd imagine.

In fairness just because you put expensive extras on a car doesn't mean a buyer will pay extra for it.

I won't take credit as someone else spotted it on TOC but definitely worth a mention here.

http://adverts.ie/car/toyota/corolla/toyota-corolla-gt-6/8982671

Rare GT6 180bhp Corolla :pac:

I particularly love how he says fresh paint job as if it didn't come from rattle cans on his driveway.
    colm_mcm's phone having a "malfunction", yes, sure! :D;) Again! :p
    Paintjob is dire. And if it looks dire in the pics, it will look like someone vomited it on in real life...
    Quoting myself, but had a look at the ad again. Some amusing new comments.

Oh fcuking wow. Why not put it through then?
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    i seriously want this. might trade in the my yaris TTE RA for it

Price drop!

Bhp drop too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Another car that has gained 30bhp in 16 years : http://www.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/lancer/mitsubishi-lancer-gsr-00/10229130
    He was asked multiple times what was done to the car to make it 230bhp (v the 202 it came from the factory with and also asked for a dyno print out to prove figures and had the comments removed).
    Personally, I've had 2 CD5A's and 3 CM5A's and they are nowhere near 230bhp.
    And the price - €3k ???? Hashtag - deluded

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah lads if you don't ask you don't get ;) but Colm I had a little giggle at your responses to the Corolla :D phone acting up alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

robtri wrote: »

Yusss!!!

I'm through to the second round of interviews lads.

Keep everything crossed for me please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

This one seems awfully expensive: https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/peugeot-205-cabriolet-cti-1-6/12477299

Last year there were a couple for around the 2k mark.

As does this one, nearly 5k euro and on Norn plates

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1991-peugeot-205-gti-1-6-reduced/12256421

I could be wrong though, maybe the price of these is after hitting the knee of a curve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

Asking €5750 for a 12 year old Rover 75.:eek:

MzhmOWMwYjFjZTc1M2I0YzdmODExNDUzMWI0YjI5MzabsgL8LDUc97WtT6QzPTnKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODg3NDc3OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

For comparison here's a similar one with a bit more mileage for €1500:
    MTI5YTM5YmUwYjRmZjhhODVhZmE1ZjdlMmE0NmI2ZDbPseOMIe-6Qtzr6Gh4_pYnaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181OTI1MDIwOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

and an 05 for €800:
    YWNhMGM5MGQxOWU4ZDBiYTE0NmUyNzhmMjZkZjVjYza6eLJZg8-36q9gF3xyiEFOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181OTIzNTU5Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

ejabrod wrote: »
    Another car that has gained 30bhp in 16 years : http://www.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/lancer/mitsubishi-lancer-gsr-00/10229130
    He was asked multiple times what was done to the car to make it 230bhp (v the 202 it came from the factory with and also asked for a dyno print out to prove figures and had the comments removed).
    Personally, I've had 2 CD5A's and 3 CM5A's and they are nowhere near 230bhp.
    And the price - €3k ???? Hashtag - deluded

Granted he's getting a tad excited about the numbers the cars making and the bonnet is frigging awful but "if" it's a clean black late model GSR do you really think 3k is deluded? Fair enough jap performance cars hit a low about two years ago but the value of almost all of them is flying back up. Turbo nissans are making literally twice what they did two years ago so surely 3 grand isn't a mad price for what is a fantastic all rounder "if" this is a good example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

JC01 wrote: »
    Granted he's getting a tad excited about the numbers the cars making and the bonnet is frigging awful but "if" it's a clean black late model GSR do you really think 3k is deluded? Fair enough jap performance cars hit a low about two years ago but the value of almost all of them is flying back up. Turbo nissans are making literally twice what they did two years ago so surely 3 grand isn't a mad price for what is a fantastic all rounder "if" this is a good example?

Yes, I do think he's deluded. Given the platform the car has come from and the fact that Evo IV's can be gotten for (relatively) not much more and is a far superior car.

From experience (and I have a fair bit of experience with GEN 1 & Gen 2 GSR as well as Evo's) there is no way the figures add up.

IMO he is pricing the car based on a power output figure rather than the real value of the car.

Correct that jap car's are increasing in value with the caveat that they are sought after models. Unfortunately the GSR does not fall into that category. The last GSR I bought was a Gen 2 (2000) in 2006 and paid €5k for it.

EDIT: maybe I'm getting a bit excited (for no reason). Having reread the ad there seems to be some quetions removed. Looks like he was called out on the power figure and wasn't able to back it up. If that is the case, what else is being hidden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement