Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Things like this really bother me. People like this are making E30's unaffordable.

This is the one of the least desirable E30 models made.

I expect nut and bolt restored ones for this price

If not, this guy is very dillusional!!

Perhaps, an extra zero was added by mistake.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e30-320i/12933682
    Very expensive for a 320 with a mismatched interior

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

grogi wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is you who did miss my point... Diesel does not only mean low running costs. If it did we all be driving a mere 1.4...

Yet there are much stronger diesels out there. Why - they are more expensive to buy, more expensive to service and less economical?!

They offer not only improved efficiency over petrol engines (which agreed - does not balance the purchase price), but also the flat torque characteristics is something that many people desire. The petrol V6 3.2 from Audi A6 C6 has comparable max power output, but max torque at 2750 rpm, which is already low. But 3.0TDI has the whooping 500Nm (it means nothing, but it's such a big number) at 2000rpm. Comfort might be something else - motorway driving with a diesel is usually quieter - high available power at low revolutions allows cruising with very low engine noise. FSI engines were something new at the time - the buyer might have opted for a comparable TDI which is a recognized brand? Maybe this was a dealers demo car and was purchased at a very interesting price? I am pretty sure you'll find another reason if you want to :)

People don't buy or change cars only to cut on running costs. There are millions of motives - and keeping the cost low is just one of them.

Don't forget that there are situations when it is one party that finances the purchase and another party finances the running costs... In that case the purchase price might be completely irrelevant for someone that makes the purchasing decision.

Are you joking? 90% of people buy diesel to save money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Are you joking? 90% of people buy diesel to save money

That leaves 10% of people who don't... I rest my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

grogi wrote: »
    That leaves 10% of people who don't... I rest my point.

Once diesel excise is raised to acknowledge how dirty it is there will be a tiny market for diesels. Would you pay 30 cent a litre more for your diesel once the governments starts to tax it out of existence? It is already proposed to ban all diesels from London and Paris in the next few years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/11280067/London-will-follow-Paris-and-ban-diesel-cars-campaigners-warn.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/m3/used-2008-bmw-m3-e92-dublin-fpa-201627245179774

I HAVE DONE ALL THE WORK FOR THE NEW BUYER SO THEY CAN BUY WITH CONFIDENCE THAT THE CAR IS 100% SO NO HIDDEN COSTS AFTER PURCHASE WHICH IS VITAL ON SUCH A HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR VRT NEEDS TO BE PAID ONLY NEGATIVE IT IS A CAT D REGISTERED CAR IN THE UK IN 2009

All of this for only 2k less than an Irish car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Just to VRT is you are looking at over 8k.
    The Irish one is a bargain in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TestersWanted

smash wrote: »

These things get around. UK one has 3 owners, Irish one has 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Only an automatic too. May as well buy the Lexus for a few hundred quid instead and change the badges to Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I wonder how much originally he wanted for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Only an automatic too. May as well buy the Lexus for a few hundred quid instead and change the badges to Toyota.

Dreaming alright but the lexus would be down on 2 turbos from the aristo. Autobox wouldn't be the worst in them, disable vsc and it will drift like fook anyway!

Those 2jzgte lumps are making crazy money on their own now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I wouldn't think so, it looks in good condition and will be a genuinely desirable classic car. If kept in that condition for a few years and it won't be losing any value anyway. You'd have gotten similar cars for cheap during the bust all right but them bargains are long gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I wouldn't think so, it looks in good condition and will be a genuinely desirable classic car. If kept in that condition for a few years and it won't be losing any value anyway.

It's well kept. But it's automatic. A tad too far from the magic 30 year mark.

Leathers have been fitted at some stage, the trim doesn't match around the centre console. Non standard exhaust (quad tips are smaller or there are twin 3' outlets for some TT models)

Serious inquiries only... and ruins it with such a crap last sentence!

7-8k at the very most would be my view. I've seen manual TT's go for less than 5k, which have the rare as unicorns hair RB25 box the drifting community go mad for

I should know the value of these cars, I have one myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

How much??? We should be thankful there are only 71 of them.

http://www.gmscars.co.uk/bmw_l7_750ixl_black_37k_miles_e38.html

BMw_W.png

How much??? We should be thankful there are only 71 of them.

http://www.gmscars.co.uk/bmw_l7_750ixl_black_37k_miles_e38.html

BMw_W.png
    Am I alone in thinking that's pretty damn cool? I mean, I hate the B pillar but look at the room, and the gadgets, and the V12...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Am I alone in thinking that's pretty damn cool? I mean, I hate the B pillar but look at the room, and the gadgets, and the V12...

Yeah, but those chrome handles, the V12 badge, and THAT B pillar….yuck.

Yeah, but those chrome handles, the V12 badge, and THAT B pillar….yuck.

The only thing that can't be changed is the pillar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The BMW L7 is the ultimate barge.

Most of the right hand drive examples are in Singapore and the likes, from what I have read.

I was expecting that example to be a lot more expensive than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Things like this really bother me. People like this are making E30's unaffordable.

This is the one of the least desirable E30 models made.

I expect nut and bolt restored ones for this price

If not, this guy is very dillusional!!

Perhaps, an extra zero was added by mistake.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e30-320i/12933682

People who buy them are setting the price. It seems pricey, but that's the problem when you live through a cars life cycle,
    they start high,
    become affordable,
    become affordable to the wrong type of people,
    depreciate to nothing,
    become undesirable and old hat,
    then they become rare,
    increase in value
    Go back to what they were worth decades previous
    Become crazy money.

That's still a nearly 30 year old 2 door BMW. Who wouldn't want one on classic insurance and tax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That e30 is a few grand cheaper than it was when wc posted it I believe. Still big money though.

That e30 will only go up in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/armoured-mercedes-benz-g500/13063733

Cool toy , not something common you'd see on the daily motorway run :D

love the "€ 148,000 , not € 14,800. VAT and VRT are not included." part too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ich thinken der BMW V12enwagen ist coolen. Raus!! (Dr. Fuzz, jump in anytime! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

pudzey101 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/armoured-mercedes-benz-g500/13063733

Cool toy , not something common you'd see on the daily motorway run :D

love the "€ 148,000 , not € 14,800. VAT and VRT are not included." part too:pac:

That's some beast

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Last of the proper bulletproof mercs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Vat and vrt not included, won't bother the type of buyer that needs that In Ireland.,

Now where's those plates off that old 240D I asked you to mind for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

2005 VW Phaeton - only €19,700

217k Km and in the same price bracket as a 05/06 Range Rover Sport or Porsche Boxster:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-phaeton-no-bmw-7-or-audi-a8/11067703

From the ad:
    Who doesn't know the car, in 90% it's a Bentley Continental.

Yjk3OTcwNTM1M2U0MTllODRmYjk3MzliYTFlMzNhMDF2nb1QSnh-iUbljMaGQfScaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b180OTg1Nzc0M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Fine car in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

corglass wrote: »
    Fine car in fairness

Be that as it may, his pricing is insane. You would pick up a similar spec/mileage version in the UK for between £5-7k (€5.8-8.2k), VRT is a shade over €2000. So, less than half he's asking and you're on the road if you're really after one.

If you're feeling really daft, you'd even get a 5.0 V10 for £6695

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement