Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So a West German Moss covered Lhd not registered 1.3 automatic for 2k.
    Bargain.

However their blatant misuse of commercial tax is ridiculous...............

No worse than anyone else not using the "crewcab" to ferry employees to and from jobs. Which is 90 odd % of €333 taxed crewcab owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Augeo wrote: »
    No worse than anyone else not using the "crewcab" to ferry employees to and from jobs. Which is 90 odd % of €333 taxed crewcab owners.

One is what a crewcab is for and the other isn't though?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I remember checking that before, the tax on a post-08 one is €2350, so the 07 is actually cheaper taxed :eek:

2350 for a car with a 2.7 diesel? Are we sure it runs on diesel and not coal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I remember checking that before, the tax on a post-08 one is €2350, so the 07 is actually cheaper taxed :eek:
    2350 for a car with a 2.7 diesel? Are we sure it runs on diesel and not coal?

I couldn't believe it too, until I looked it up, the 2.7 Auto C6 in 2008 has a CO2 output of 230gm/km. The €2350 rate is for all cars 226gm + .

In 2009, the 2.7 was replaced with a 3.0 HDI with Co2 of 190g = €750 tax

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    One is what a crewcab is for and the other isn't though?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Eek as right, that engine certainly must be bucking the trend for C02 emissions on diesels.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

412183.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is-2-0/14443343?campaign=2

Four and a half grand for a 14 year old guzzler, doen't look like it comes with ant TAX or NCT either... jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Price is high in fairness for a no tax or test example. But an un molested original Irish IS200 a fairly rare car now. I know rare doesn't equal desirable or expensive but there'd be plenty of young lads who that car would appeal to for insurance purposes etc. Probably see €2500 - 3k with a fresh test.

Price is high in fairness for a no tax or test example. But an un molested original Irish IS200 a fairly rare car now. I know rare doesn't equal desirable or expensive but there'd be plenty of young lads who that car would appeal to for insurance purposes etc. Probably see €2500 - 3k with a fresh test.

Ah stop, these things were making 1500euro a few years ago. Even good ones. The price has climbed up again due to lads wanting Altezza lookalikes but 4.5k is beyond laughable.

• Advertisement

The ad alone would convince me to part with 4.5k
    I'd prefer that to an altezza though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Even good ones. The price has climbed up again due to lads wanting Altezza lookalikes but 4.5k is beyond laughable.

Exactly. But there are young lads out there with money again who will pay 3 grand for the car because it looks like an alternative but it.seems insurance friendly being a late model and Irish.

But yeah generally 4500 for that yoke is hasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

The colour removes at least 60% of any potential value, 1k max....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Ah stop, these things were making 1500euro a few years ago. Even good ones. The price has climbed up again due to lads wanting Altezza lookalikes but 4.5k is beyond laughable.

Given the colour of that particular one 1500 would be plenty for it. The fact it has not test 1k would be more like it even then it's a tough sale.

Black, grey, blue, red or white are the colours that young fellas want. Silver then and lastly that cream colour, sunburnt orange and green are the
    least desirable colours by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

bear1 wrote: »
    The ad alone would convince me to part with 4.5k
    I'd prefer that to an altezza though.

An altezza is a better car tbh. You'd expect to pay 4k+ for one of those. is200's aren't worth a whole pile these days

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    An altezza is a better car tbh. You'd expect to pay 4k+ for one of those. is200's aren't worth a whole pile these days

All the gas guzzling with none of the performance...Not that altezza Is pulling up any trees at that. It was definately the most underwhelming drive of any of the boy racery things I've driven.

But on a run the is would beat it no? Considering an altezza would be limited to 180.
    Around our way years ago the way people were doing them up put me off them.
    Always preferred the is as it's nice on the eye and the altezza just screams boy racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

bear1 wrote: »
    But on a run the is would beat it no? Considering an altezza would be limited to 180.
    Around our way years ago the way people were doing them up put me off them.
    Always preferred the is.

The beams engine in the altezza is better and offers more performance. They are limited but I think they can be delimited. Id agree about them being done up, most are done up in a tacky way and are wrecked but a nice one can look very well

The beams engine in the altezza is better and offers more performance. They are limited but I think they can be delimited. Id agree about them being done up, most are done up in a tacky way and are wrecked but a nice one can look very well

I get you on that point about the general driveability of them.
    Pity the is was such a bitch on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The rear wheel drive plus LSD is why they are popular. Great for messing around in car parks or crossroads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I would love to know who would buy a 2006 3.3L petrol Hyundai for 5k with 1800 euro Tax.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-grandeur-xg-range/13193211

YzcxYWQ0Mzc2ODZmOWFkMGZiMGQ1MDExM2FjNjJiOTYHf-pcyTVtn0vCgcnqE3TsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDg0NTE3OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Perfect as a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Weren't they all given to big wigs in Hyundai in their heyday?

There a were a few knocking around alright.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rocketbunny-350z/14997066

YjAxMjJlOWNjY2VkNjk0ZTMzY2YwOTk1NTIxMmM5N2RUujBnKNN_wuJN3RsF3FVxaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTAyNDU0OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Twenty grand, on fiddled tax and no NCT since 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You would need to invest in a trailer and keep it on it. That would never pass a test.

3.5 litre tax is a tad bit more then the 2.0 €710 ha must think people are that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

You would need to invest in a trailer and keep it on it. That would never pass a test.

3.5 litre tax is a tad bit more then the 2.0 €710 ha must think people are that stupid.

I hate seeing that stuff. If you really looked after the car then pay the right tax on it. It's unlikely to be insured/tested/taxed at all as well.

I kind of like the mad design to be fair, just a pity it screams dodge. Nobody will pay €20k for that in Ireland. Where do people get the money for these things...:confused:

See, I don't understand how one can harp on about buying only the best, brand new parts and how there has been no expense spared..but then goes on and fiddles with the tax forms.

There was a time when it was cool and in demand, but people are wising up to it now.

That used to be such a nice car. Was for sale in 2014 for €6950.

• Advertisement

Oh so it wasn't finished last May?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement