Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That quite expensive for a ST170. I have been eyeing them up for a while and a a dealer or two has another one up for roughly the same price but tbh nobody will pay that much for one which is why they have them up for sale for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

but tbh nobody will pay that much for one which is why they have them up for sale for so long.

Not when some MK2s arent far off the price these days. All the other ones on DD are nearly half the price and less.

Not when some MK2s arent far off the price these days. All the other ones on DD are nearly half the price and less.

And then also the Mk2 is a so much better car.(apart from tax)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I know of a ST170 that was probably in better condition that struggled to make a grand. No one wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Not a massive dreamer but a civic that has no nct with the last two years and isn't a great example(imo) isn't worth near a grand. I bought a much cleaner example than this for the same money two years ago.

It also doesn't seem to have a full service history as has been made out, it just looks to be written into the book by someone with only one stamp visable in the photo, im not saying what's written in the book is false but it's not really a full service history that can be verified and is more akin to a tippex service history.

Also the pic of the underneath where the seller says there is no rust is a pic of the floorpan which almost never rusts on these civics anyway. It's the rear underbody that rusts the most on these and up at the front.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-ej9-irish-car-rust-free/15500296
    MjkyOGI5YWRkZGFjOWI0NWJhNjVlMDNjNTY1ZTk3NjMry8SLnV7j3i-HHAEkbqItaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183Mzc2ODQ1NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it was €5k it would be a dreamer.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If it was €5k it would be a dreamer.

It's only worth about €400 in its current state

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think in it's current state it's value is very close to €0.

The same can be said for most teenage cars with no tax or test. People just don't want them anymore. It's not like ten years ago when a 10-12 year old Toyota/ Honda was still worth 1500-2000 regardless of condition as people acknowledged that they still had the makings of a good car.

I'd say if you advertised that car for €100 enquiries from young lads With no money would skyrocket but you'd still struggle to find someone to actually buy it. With the advancements in car technology coupled with the "incentives" to get older cars off the road, what good is that Civic, or the many others like it to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It's only worth about €400 in its current state

Worth about that with a new NCT in my opinion. Echoing TFB, nobody wants em. Like, nobody at all

I think in it's current state it's value is very close to €0.

The same can be said for most teenage cars with no tax or test. People just don't want them anymore. It's not like ten years ago when a 10-12 year old Toyota/ Honda was still worth 1500-2000 regardless of condition as people acknowledged that they still had the makings of a good car.

I'd say if you advertised that car for €100 enquiries from young lads With no money would skyrocket but you'd still struggle to find someone to actually buy it. With the advancements in car technology coupled with the "incentives" to get older cars off the road, what good is that Civic, or the many others like it to anyone?
    Good well minded examples of those civics still sell but there is a limited market for them. Getting €600-€700 euro for a good one of those is not impossible and I've seen two very low mileage examples go for over 1k recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭flatty

lawred2 wrote: »
    boombang wrote: »
    10k for a 1990 500sl that needs a re-spray with a tatty interior without leather. My sister's boyfriend got a clean 500SL for about 5k sterling.

5k sterling? Really?
    I've been offered 14k sterling for mine. 1994 35k miles. Good nick (almost pristine, two or three tiny bodywork scratches).

flatty wrote: »
    I've been offered 14k sterling for mine. 1994 35k miles. Good nick (almost pristine, two or three tiny bodywork scratches).

And you never bothered selling it? If someone offered me that much I would take the arm off him.

Out of curiosity is it a performance model(VTEC)? or a standard 1.3 or 1.6?

And you never bothered selling it? If someone offered me that much I would take the arm off him.

Out of curiosity is it a performance model(VTEC)? or a standard 1.3 or 1.6?
    Think he's talking about a 500SL

Think he's talking about a 500SL

Oh right, that makes more sense.

You are right just looked back. I read the civic post and assumed he was replying to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    corolla]

She's the super rare XLI plus though, complete with rev counter :pac:

I sold a 96 one with 30k on it 11 years ago for that money. Still going strong, saw it driving around yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I sold a 96 one with 30k on it 11 years ago for that money. Still going strong, saw it driving around yesterday.

I love when I see an old car of mine still going around. Spotted my old 99' Mazda 323 glx going around the other day, was chatting to the guy who owned it for the last few years and he said the only thing he had to do in 4 years was get a new coil pack and replace the tyres for the NCT! If only I was that lucky with the yokes I replaced it with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I love when I see an old car of mine still going around. Spotted my old 99' Mazda 323 glx going around the other day, was chatting to the guy who owned it for the last few years and he said the only thing he had to do in 4 years was get a new coil pack and replace the tyres for the NCT! If only I was that lucky with the yokes I replaced it with :(

90s Japanese cars were the pinnacle of reliability really...was a shame things went downwards after then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Those corollas were great cars, I had a 94 1.3 hatch back, when I sold it there was 280k on the clock.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    90s Japanese cars were the pinnacle of reliability really...was a shame things went downwards after then.

They better japanese brands are still among the most reliable cars though, I mean the corolla of today and cars like the civic etc are still very reliable cars.

The corolla uses a well proven drivetrain and is a simple car mechanically by todays standards but may not have the sheer quality of it's 90's predecessor even though still very good.

It's a wonder he didn't have to do any welding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Truckermal wrote: »
    "Quick, its washed! Take a picture before i destroy it again!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Prices seems to be rising on those to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

5k for an altezza in May is far from dreamer territory. It's a steep asking price alright but now is the time of year to ask it tbf.

There's a ladeen on Facebook asking €4350 for an is200 now that's more like it for a dreamer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

'This golf is full restored'

why no after pics then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Not far off the money these days. Very few for sale sub 5k recently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement