Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I might not get something... But 2004 Legacy, with leak from valve cover and dents all over the place, regardless how fast it is, for TEN big ones?
    Try to insure this, it looks a bit modded too...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-legacy-gt-jdm-2-0turbo-manual-280hp/16333076

N2IyYjI4MjlkYWJlY2FiMGExNTA0MzFiZWM4MjZjMTIq6N8SakQeb-WAUptjI2icaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183OTM1NDU5NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

grogi wrote: »
    I might not get something... But 2004 Legacy, with leak from valve cover and dents all over the place, regardless how fast it is, for TEN big ones?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-legacy-gt-jdm-2-0turbo-manual-280hp/16333076

N2IyYjI4MjlkYWJlY2FiMGExNTA0MzFiZWM4MjZjMTIq6N8SakQeb-WAUptjI2icaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183OTM1NDU5NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

with 189kms as well, probably not even worth half of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Top Dog wrote: »
    Wonder would this qualify.

2005. Left hand drive. Polish registration. Non M-sport. 7000!

NWFhMjA5NGI0ZTE5OTRkOGVhY2JkYmI2YTUxOTUxNTSOB6V0YmLkRpi1qiMIzyuLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MDA0ODQwNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530d-left-hand-drive/16405049

He must still think he is in Poland at that price.
    That's more or less what they go for there.. here not so much.
    Then you'll have the vrt and tax upfront and the joys of listening to the insurance company laughing at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

grogi wrote: »

Apart from the leak, is it really that overpriced?
    Seems to have a lot done on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bear1 wrote: »
    Apart from the leak, is it really that overpriced?
    Seems to have a lot done on it.

Honestly? I wouldn't give anything more than a grand for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Would it kill them to get the spellings, and info correct. Spelt 'Bertone' wrong twice, and its a JTD, not a TDi.

At that price, you could easily buy two

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1-9tdi-gt-butone-top-spec-low-kms/16236566

MWIxMGY2YmY3YTdjMzUyMDZjOGE4MjNjNWEyYWQ2MTi07bN0r7T3qhYgZqtgaNujaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MDExNjczM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Would it kill them to get the spellings, and info correct. Spelt 'Bertone' wrong twice, and its a JTD, not a TDi.

At that price, you could easily buy two

If that really is Alfa GT Butone, this is a sure deal and future classic... UNIQUE ONE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

That drivers seat looks very tatty for the advertised mileage too, does it not?

Maybe it's converted to LPG and he was trying for butane.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Even the base models were designed by Bertone. That's just a Sportivo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This fella is a dreamer. €3750 for a Ae111 Levin. And the satte of the spoiler the stock spoiler is really nice imo so why would you change it.

ODZkMGUzMDk2MTk4YjQyYWIyMjA5M2YwOWFiYjM3ZDQuFWFP4xpEMHOhdlwEQWePaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MDA2ODU2M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-levin-ae111/16407875

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Different strokes man.

Its a little pricey alright, what do you reckon they should go for? They're fast becoming a rare sight nowadays like.

I'd really love another, the 4age blacktop is an amazing lump

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Different strokes man.

Its a little pricey alright, what do you reckon they should go for? They're fast becoming a rare sight nowadays like.

I'd only pay 2.5-3k for an absolute mint one and I cannot understand why you would change the original wing. Also maybe that one is mint but it's very hard to see with such bad pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

At that price it'll only be attractive to a select few however if the car is known amongst this group and known to be near immaculate along with having a healthy engine then it will be sold for not far off the asking price. If it's just another cleanish Levin then yes it's about €1500 too dear.

20v 4age's are notorious for losing power as they age if not looked after if it has a rep for being "lazy" then sub 2k would be more like it.

20v 4age's are notorious for losing power as they age if not looked after.

I don't fully agree with that my 20v 4AGE is not 100% healthy(not in a bad way though) and it still pulls well. It has the same 0-100km/h time as my old mivec. between 7.5-8seconds, which is the same as nearlly all jap 1.6 performance engines of that era. I had a 0-160Km/h for my old mivec on photobucket so I cannot post it again due to their changes. Afair it was around 16 or 17 seconds but I never made one of my levin just to see how it handles with higher figures.

One reason for that is it pulls from one side to the opposite and you need to hold the steering wheel tight so it is a little tricky changing gears and holding phone and car trying to off the road while also trying to go the fastest. I reckon the LSD is worn or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Yours for just over €4,000. Link.

MGFlZmQ1YzNlMDUxMWUwYjUwN2JlZGIwYWYzNzZmOWOCx9rTOwnrLc1HS_zhtsrTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDQ3OTAxNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Not exactly a dreamer imo?

I'm not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Not exactly a dreamer imo?

I'm not sure

Really? Idk either to be honest :p thought north of 4k for an 87 Corolla seemed spicy, even if it does have a black top stuck in it. Open to correction!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It has classic insurance and tax to be fair. It's an interesting second car for relatively small money.

Noveight wrote: »
    Yours for just over €4,000. Link.

MGFlZmQ1YzNlMDUxMWUwYjUwN2JlZGIwYWYzNzZmOWOCx9rTOwnrLc1HS_zhtsrTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDQ3OTAxNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I absolutely love that.

It's a well known car so it should make good money maybe not 4k but I'd be thinking not far off it all the same either.

It was for sale around this time last year too for similar money. And iirc it sold after about a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I'm not mad on the paint job - but who cares - it surely goes like fúck.

Take off the plenum and let them throttle bodies roar!

For reference there was another corolla for sale on donedeal a few months ago, same shape, same year, very same levin heart transplant and as far as I know the asking price of €2500 that was on it was deemed too much. Minty green rusty colour with roof rack, it was posted on one of these threads anyway. It's possibly still for sale.

For reference there was another corolla for sale on donedeal a few months ago, same shape, same year, very same levin heart transplant and as far as I know the asking price of €2500 that was on it was deemed too much. Minty green rusty colour with roof rack, it was posted on one of these threads anyway. It's possibly still for sale.

Twas a nice bit rougher though.

Wouldn't bother me but it definitely would make a big difference for the lads who'd be willing to drop big bucks on such a car

Twas a nice bit rougher though.

Wouldn't bother me but it definitely would make a big difference for the lads who'd be willing to drop big bucks on such a car

Exactly. It'll probably sell for close to 4K. I know a lad who spend more than double that on a similar Carina last week, mind you it was RWD though. Those classic toyotas have a super following.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Different strokes man.

There's a good few of them going for peanuts on DD right now as it goes.
    Surprising giving that they're cheap to tax.

There's a good few of them going for peanuts on DD right now as it goes.
    Surprising giving that they're cheap to tax.

There's a reason some are cheap though. Rough body's and tired engines. Immaculate ae111's are worth a lot of money to the right sorta men. Now if that Levin isnt as clean as the price suggests then ya it's overpriced but it could well be bang on the money hence it generated debate as to whether it belongs in the thread or not.

Vti and sir civics are in the same boat.

All these 1.6 performance orientated 90's jap cars have potentially had tough lives so it's only natural that exceptionally clean ones are worth a fair bit and rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Wouldn't touch that Corolla personally. Whether it's actually the case or not I don't know, but to me it screams - I couldn't afford an AE86.

If I had a nice mono colour paint job and a set of period correct or nice aftermarket alloys with the 20v, that'd be cool, but painting it ROB with the black stripe and fitting supers is trying real hard to imitate a UK 86.

I'm sure she's someone's pride and joy, but I don't know if it has mass appeal. As above, if rather the tatty green one for 2500 from a few weeks ago, was that a 16v though?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

All these 1.6 performance orientated 90's jap cars have potentially had tough lives so it's only natural that exceptionally clean ones are worth a fair bit and rare.
    +1. Goes for all such cars. Look at the mad money that low mileage 205 Gti's and the like have been getting. Though you wonder at some descriptions. That Corolla engine is described as "fresh". How is a 65000 miler engine fresh? It might be solid and sorted but no way is it fresh.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Wouldn't touch that Corolla personally. Whether it's actually the case or not I don't know, but to me it screams - I couldn't afford an AE86.

If I had a nice mono colour paint job and a set of period correct or nice aftermarket alloys with the 20v, that'd be cool, but painting it ROB with the black stripe and fitting supers is trying real hard to imitate a UK 86.

I'm sure she's someone's pride and joy, but I don't know if it has mass appeal. As above, if rather the tatty green one for 2500 from a few weeks ago, was that a 16v though?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-ae80-20v-twincam/14975640

NTg0MDIyZWYyNzUxYzQyZmUzODk2ZjVlMDA1MmJjMjjrpf45igp0yOgqi3MjV-ZgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDkwNzI4N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Surprised this hasn't sold. Classic tax and insurance, recent NCT etc. Niche market i suppose

Nah that one was a 20v too. And it was €2500. Lets say give or take for agruments sake etc theres €1500 quid in the difference..seems like a nominal amount when you consider the condition of the red and black one.

I don't know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Nah that one was a 20v too. And it was €2500. Lets say give or take for agruments sake etc theres €1500 quid in the difference..seems like a nominal amount when you consider the condition of the red and black one.

I don't know!

Yeah, I'd agree that general condition could make one worth more.

My point was more like, one of them is an old car in fair but serviceable condition for a modest purchase price with classic tax and insurance and discreet high performance engine, the other is a just poor imitation of an AE86.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement