Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I see what you mean TFB, but I'm not sure I see that car as a poor intimidation of an AE86, but perhaps a homage (of sorts :P)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

2 door estates were such an odd idea but quite popular back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It looks very clean though for it's age. But is it worth the 6 grand, who knows. I wouldn't pay it as I would have no interest in such a car.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    2 door estates were such an odd idea but quite popular back in the day.
    IIRC 2 doors with the long boot and rear door/hatch are technically "Shooting Brakes", whereas 4 door are "Estates"*. The shooting brake has been all the rage for a good while. Right back to the 20's and 30's, with a more recent revival.

There ya go, more crap you didn't want to know from the Wibbs™ Crapulator 3000©. :D

*the American term "station wagon" is how it sounds. It was a name applied to a car that could pick up passengers and all their luggage from the local railroad station.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Vauxhall/Opel missed a trick with the Astra

IMG_0224.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

I was looking thru it thinking I'd love it till I saw the gear stick. Lovely looking car tho, seems well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Wibbs wrote: »
    IIRC 2 doors with the long boot and rear door/hatch are technically "Shooting Brakes", whereas 4 door are "Estates"*. The shooting brake has been all the rage for a good while. Right back to the 20's and 30's, with a more recent revival.

There ya go, more crap you didn't want to know from the Wibbs™ Crapulator 3000©. :D

*the American term "station wagon" is how it sounds. It was a name applied to a car that could pick up passengers and all their luggage from the local railroad station.

Further to this, 'Shooting Brakes' got their name from wagons used for shooting parties, to carry passengers, guns, and game, normally long, with space for a gun rack on the back
    No idea about the 'Brake' part though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    2010 750Li - €50k!

It won't be the lack of enthusiasm that stops him from selling it... :pac:

This is the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!
    It doesn't get better than this!!
    49500 Euros and you get an absolute smashing car!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

rizzodun wrote: »
    Further to this, 'Shooting Brakes' got their name from wagons used for shooting parties, to carry passengers, guns, and game, normally long, with space for a gun rack on the back
    No idea about the 'Brake' part though..

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2015/08/04/acl-autos-short-history-shooting-brake/

Had a read of this...not too bad.

Some nice pics of shooting brakes....and one even has a lad leaning against the car with his gun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

gitzy16v wrote: »
    http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2015/08/04/acl-autos-short-history-shooting-brake/

Had a read of this...not too bad.

Some nice pics of shooting brakes....and one even has a lad leaning against the car with his gun:D

Can't sleep so looking through boards....

Is he wearing a dress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Can't sleep so looking through boards....

Is he wearing a dress?

hahahahahahahaha.....I think s/he is:D:D...and a tight mini at that lol..

Im blaming the sleep deprivation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

ronnie3585 wrote: »

GTFO - How much were they new.. 120ish?

"50k worth of extras went into this car as it was BMWs own car, the one you could test drive and decide what extras you wanted on a new car, this has every extra imaginable on a car!!!" - Not many BMW dealers in Meath so the reg is odd, unless it is a UK import

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Obvious Otter

mloc123 wrote: »
    GTFO - How much were they new.. 120ish?

"50k worth of extras went into this car as it was BMWs own car, the one you could test drive and decide what extras you wanted on a new car, this has every extra imaginable on a car!!!" - Not many BMW dealers in Meath so the reg is odd, unless it is a UK import

Must be an import considering the cost price and the reg. I wouldn't touch a 7 year old N63. Likely to be riddled with problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Yes, but it's usually if you are locked up in a psych ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

If there is one thing I have learn't its that once its old (even over 25 years) and has a Ford badge the price they make has no relationship, even on a casual basis, with logic, reality of even common sense.

So it could very well be.

That's probably more than it cost new

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-tempra-1-9t-diesel-estate-very-rare-car/16521841

NjQzODE0NTEwOTQ0NGE5MDhhZDEzNjA3ODQyZTE1ZjaVZSVgNQevKcdY7pC9X4rMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MTIwNDEzOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€3750 and its off the road nearly 14 years. I love it but not a hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Hasn't he been trying to sell that for years at this stage...? You couldn't give them away let alone even pay people to take them away 14 years ago!

Only one other Tempra I know of in existence in this country... Mine :p

There's lovely Tempra TD saloon in Shannon. Think it's 94.
    Same wheels as are on that estate

https://www.donedeal.ie/caraccessories-for-sale/vw-golf-mk2-vr6/16518086?campaign=3

8k for a lhd golf, with what i assume is a vr6 transplant and not the original. I would assume that the majority of people would like the original engine in

thoughts?

What if the original engine was 1.3?
    It's value depends on how old it is. There's a big difference in tax between 1987 and 1988!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Don't contact me if not interested
    :rolleyes:

thing is you wouldn't believe the number of people who will ring him for a chat with no intention of buying. Or 'I'd buy it if it was right hand drive'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

https://www.donedeal.ie/caraccessories-for-sale/vw-golf-mk2-vr6/16518086?campaign=3

8k for a lhd golf, with what i assume is a vr6 transplant and not the original. I would assume that the majority of people would like the original engine in

thoughts?

That's that polish car posted a long time ago. He was asking mad money for it then.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What if the original engine was 1.3?
    It's value depends on how old it is. There's a big difference in tax between 1987 and 1988!

Its not a early one so definitely not on classic tax

Yeah I was thinking the one piece front windows would mean it's newer

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    That's that polish car posted a long time ago. He was asking mad money for it then.

is it not still mad money? 8k i would assume would be for a total nut and bolt restored one. not an ok one condition wise which is also lhd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement