Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

160bhp standard. I had my SIR delsol up to 180bhp with some minor modifications.

Like what? If your talking high lift cams well that ain't a cheap modification if you buy them new and getting a cheap second hand pair for small money would be quite difficult as well unless you get extremely lucky one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Like what? If your talking high lift cams well that ain't a cheap modification if you buy them new and getting a cheap second hand pair for small money would be quite difficult as well unless you get extremely lucky one day.

Intake manifold, intake, throttle bodies and a decat. They were thrown in with the sale, I never got it dyno'd but I'd guess it was easily 20bhp extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

160bhp standard. I had my SIR delsol up to 180bhp with some minor modifications.

6k does seem insane for an ek but they're climbing all the time. Would I pay it, fück no, you'd almost get a real nice s2k for that money.

Chungfellas though.
    The Japenese SIR B16a came out of the factory with 170bhp, the VTIs are all B16a2 witch are 160.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

lol5605 wrote: »
    The Japenese SIR B16a came out of the factory with 170bhp, the VTIs are all B16a2 witch are 160.

In that case mine was 170 standard and not the 160, probably closer to 190 with the few bits that were done although no dyno was ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

lol5605 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind what they supposedly came with from factory. 99% of the time there is nothing between an A & an A2.

180bhp easily achievable out of a B16 but 5k for that EK is not :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That's all assuming none of the horses bolted since it left the factory :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Paddystix

Nice car not your usual rubbish, category D 😂😂😂😂
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-honda-civic-type-r-championship/16818672

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Paddystix wrote: »
    Nice car not your usual rubbish, category D 😂😂😂😂
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-honda-civic-type-r-championship/16818672
    The lack of punctuation drives me mad and would genuinely put me off dealing with people like that.
    2010 championship white type r 54k genuine miles full service history 2 keys lovely car inside and out not usual rubbish cat d only because of wing first to view will buy no timewasters rare car

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭flatty

There doesn't seem to be a car made that isn't "shooting up in value"
    It's all a bit odd.
    An old heap of crap remains just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-2-0-gti-3dr-sat-nav-finance-avail/16670604

the guts of 16k for a 2010 mk5 gti. Milage is not low either. Add starts off with "another great deal from bla bla bla"

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-2-0-gti-3dr-sat-nav-finance-avail/16670604

the guts of 16k for a 2010 mk5 gti. Milage is not low either. Add starts off with "another great deal from bla bla bla"

I thought the MK5 ended after 2008?
    I have one and its worth at least 15k :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Blackwater are partial for selling old stuff for too much money. Didn't they have an 09 Polo 9n in this thread recently for around 10k.

It's a nice looking car and 2010 is unusually late but it's probably worth closer to half the asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

flatty wrote: »
    It's all a bit odd.

A good dohc vtec civic is far from an old heap of crap tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭flatty

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It's all a bit odd.

A good dohc vtec civic is far from an old heap of crap tbh.
    Which has nothing to do with my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Which has nothing to do with my point.

What is your point then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Some serious butthurt at opinions of others, what an age we live in :rolleyes:

Here's something that's wildly overpriced...

2000 Merc S280, €4650

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

^^^ he has bollocksed that up.
    But, a good day or 2 of stripping that chrome ****e, raising it and putting on OEM wheels and it would look the biz.

Amazing that at that stage the GTI didn't come with AC as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Some serious butthurt at opinions of others, what an age we live in :rolleyes:

Here's something that's wildly overpriced...

2000 Merc S280, €4650

Cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

bear1 wrote: »
    ^^^ he has bollocksed that up.
    But, a good day or 2 of stripping that chrome ****e, raising it and putting on OEM wheels and it would look the biz.

It's a double whammy right there, after putting it right it's still very overpriced.

My favourite bit of fake tat is the ensiti holder :D

John is a right twat and ruined his car :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FUBO

its a head turner all rite mmmmmm vomit bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Thought all golfs from 2008 on had ac as standard. My mrs bought a 2008 gt sport and it definitely had ac as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This one has, is it different to the one in the ad?

IMG_0235.jpg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This one has, is it different to the one in the ad?

IMG_0235.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong as I can't zoom in much but in your picture it seems to say econ whereas with that ad I can only see a small symbol but maybe it just says ac.

Edit. I think I'm wrong, bottom button I think says ac, the top right is the recirc button and the top left is the demist

I think the long button above the fan speeds is for a/c but it doesn't have climate.

I think the long button above the fan speeds is for a/c but it doesn't have climate.

Amazing that at that stage the gti didn't come with climate as standard

:)

Amazing there was a Mk5 left unreg'd in 2010, are they still €720 on the emissions tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€750 yeah, so around the same as on cc,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Barely worth half. Nice looking car though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement