Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

PMU wrote: »
    hatchback? doesnt he mean estate

That's not the main issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There's a few Australian model ones around Limerick called Corolla Ascent, they have the regular hatchback type front. I have seen the ones you're talking about though. Aren't they a JDM model? Corolla RunX? Neighbour had one about 7 years ago, think it was AWD.

Might have been a Australian version with the saloon front too of course.

Now that I've done some googling I'm even more confused tbh, but the jdm RunX definitely has the normal hatch front. Most have factory fitted colour coded eyebrows too.

I'm seeing pics of Aussie hatches with normal and saloon fronts, the ones with saloon fronts appear to be called a corolla Levin hatch and then the ones with the normal front are called a corolla ascent. Can't see why there'd be 2 different models unless one was built in Australia and the other built for export in Japan maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

There's a few Australian model ones around Limerick called Corolla Ascent, they have the regular hatchback type front. I have seen the ones you're talking about though. Aren't they a JDM model? Corolla RunX? Neighbour had one about 7 years ago, think it was AWD.

Might have been a Australian version with the saloon front too of course.
    No there's definitely an Australian corolla with the saloon front end as well. I have seen a few up on donedeal before and they had that 1.8 engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Isn't the higher powered 1.8 the VVTLi? At least that's the way it was in the newer Celica.

Yeah spot on I forgot about the 'L'

Here's an example of what I was talking about: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-price-drop-corolla-t-sport-new-phone-n/17103791

Not many of these left here. Always wanted one when I was a bit younger but so rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Yeah spot on I forgot about the 'L'

Here's an example of what I was talking about: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-price-drop-corolla-t-sport-new-phone-n/17103791

Not many of these left here. Always wanted one when I was a bit younger but so rare.

I never even knew they existed, that's a great little engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-blade-sale-or-swap/17344197

NTlkMTk5YTQ3MWVkNWZhZGQwMjg5MWM3YTBlODBlMjIGCfTzLg3VxJfR1ua23OGtaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184OTYxMDg4OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€7k for an uglier than usual 2.4 litre Auris, no thanks

NTlkMTk5YTQ3MWVkNWZhZGQwMjg5MWM3YTBlODBlMjIGCfTzLg3VxJfR1ua23OGtaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184OTYxMDg4OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

One the most undesirable cars ive ever seen advertised on done deal.

Literally the worst of all worlds. Ugly, petrol monster, high tax, not particularly spacious and that center console.... jesus wept.

Watch him drop the price down to €3k in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Then why do I want it so bad :pac:

But more seriously, why is it advertised in the vintage section?

I think with a regular Auris front end and taillights it would look better.

Still a 2.4l Auris though

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I do like the leather* wrapped dash bits though. Rest of the interior is mank.
    The blade looks ok in black. White doesn't suit it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

People on DoneDeal, it's like they think saying "first to view will buy" and "must be seen" will actually make someone buy the car.

It's a decade old, feck off with the "car is mint condition". Could have at least spent 5 minutes cleaning the engine bay?

Artic white - so, like a truck then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

DaveyDave wrote: »
    People on DoneDeal, it's like they think saying "first to view will buy" and "must be seen" will actually make someone buy the car.

It's a decade old, feck off with the "car is mint condition". Could have at least spent 5 minutes cleaning the engine bay?

I prefer seeing a car with an.engine bay that isn't washed tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

That very same car was on adverts.ie for 2950 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I actually dont mind it. I believe the 2.4 is a Camry engine too I think so probably not that bad to go.

pablo128 wrote: »
    That very same car was on adverts.ie for 2950 2 months ago.

Yep, there was one in Louth on donedeal for €3950 too.

Yep, there was one in Louth on donedeal for €3950 too.

Same one?

http://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/other-toyota/2007-toyota-other-toyota/13714063

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

A 3.5 2grfe one would make a great carvan ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I'm confused, why stick an extra 4k on to the price in the space of 2 months?

Profit!

I’m guessing someone bought it and doesn’t want it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

"Wolf in Sheep's Clothing", 2.4 with only 160hp :pac:

Its about a second and a half faster that the manual 1.6 vvti Auris.:eek:

0-60 in 11.6 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Then why do I want it so bad :pac:

The ad says 'will deal in vintage'. I took that to mean he'd swap it for something vintage.

0-60 in 11.6 seconds!

Ah its not that bad, its about 8 and a half for the 0 - 60. The automatic must kill a lot of those horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Vintage, Parts and a few other sections are cheaper to advertise in than the cars for sale. ;)

Ah its not that bad, its about 8 and a half for the 0 - 60. The automatic must kill a lot of those horses.

http://www.oneshift.com/new_cars/car-overview.php?pid=1358

That's what I'm going off. There's also a 3.5 V6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The Auris is saleproof.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement