Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

In fairness from 20 meters back, to the untrained eye, that does actually look a bit like an EVO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

In fairness from 20 meters back, to the untrained eye, that does actually look a bit like an EVO.

Whenever I see a "replica".. I always think. Anyone that knows what the car is trying to be (Evo, S4, RS6 etc..) will spot that it is a fake straight off and the rest of people don't know what it is and won't be impressed. so, what is the point?

2500 for a 18yr old Lancer.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

No doubt as make believe-o's go this one appears pretty spot on, but it would always be in the back of my mind if I were driving this that I'm being a bit of a fraud!

Maybe I'm overthinking it :D

Yeah, I don't mind factory sporty looking non fast cars like Fords ST line or VWs R line etc but handmade replicas are completely different, I couldn't drive a 1.3 EVO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

People in the border counties or north don't do vrt and there's a healthy amount of possible buyers in that area.

All types of cars have a following...

That is a wild assumption. If anything, it's far more difficult to get away with around the border

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I couldn't drive a 1.3 EVO.

Too powerful for ya?! :pac:

Too powerful for ya?! :pac:

I'd just end up thinking I was Paul Walker in F&F2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Yeah, I don't mind factory sporty looking non fast cars like Fords ST line or VWs R line etc but handmade replicas are completely different, I couldn't drive a 1.3 EVO.

Can you imagine the shame if you were at a red light and real one pulled up beside you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Can you imagine the shame if you were at a red light and real one pulled up beside you?

Although, not sure those with the fake [whatever] know shame :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

millington wrote: »
    That is a wild assumption. If anything, it's far more difficult to get away with around the border

Ah I meant in the legal way, where there may be two addresses or where a person legally lives in the North but works in the republic.

I must say I liked the diesel evo rep that was on DD about a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

I found the 1.8 adequate myself at times

Maybe it's just me but €2500 for a make believe-o is a bit much... Unless I'm not seeing the bigger picture?
    might swap for car of same value impreza etc

A 1.6 88bhp Sti replica Perhaps :pac:
    Seriously, all that money spent and couldn't stretch to replace those trippy door cards...

'Padraig' is ambitious ........

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FUBO

and the SH1TE driven out of it cause it says EVO on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

mloc123 wrote: »
    Whenever I see a "replica".. I always think. Anyone that knows what the car is trying to be (Evo, S4, RS6 etc..) will spot that it is a fake straight off and the rest of people don't know what it is and won't be impressed. so, what is the point?

2500 for a 18yr old Lancer.. :eek:

You forgot the most common ones, the M badge on a regular 5 series!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You forgot the most common ones, the M badge on a regular 5 series!

Personally I don't mind M badges on an M-Sport BMW be it on the front wheel arches or the bootlid face.

People always whinge about it but it's the exact same thing as Audi do with S-Line badges on the wheel arches and no one ever mentions that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭pah

Hmm not sure about this

Sold my 00 "future classic" mk4 last year with great spec for €700.
    I might be missing something but even with the low mileage, history and condition surely it's not worth more than a grand?

NGI2MDQzOGJiYzQ2OWNjNmE2OTMyYjM2ZWM4OTk4MDBY_cS1q_9DVfnht_Z8h3e2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDg2MTEwMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wouldn't pay it anyway. Never liked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

pah wrote: »
    Hmm not sure about this

I might be missing something but even with the low mileage, history and condition surely it's not worth more than a grand?

NGI2MDQzOGJiYzQ2OWNjNmE2OTMyYjM2ZWM4OTk4MDBY_cS1q_9DVfnht_Z8h3e2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDg2MTEwMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Seems steep alright - least or second-least desirable GTi depending on your point of view! And that colour....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Hmm not sure about this

Didn't someone on here have a deposit put down on that and when they went to view the car it wasn't as decribed.

I think it had rust issues along with other issues.

The price is very steep for a mediocre car that is supposedly not in great condition. A 1.6 run of the mill corolla beat one of those to 60mph on top gear years ago

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    A 1.6 run of the mill corolla beat one of those to 60mph on top gear years ago

Did it?? Missed that, but doesn't surprise me, these yokes sullied the name GTi.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Did it?? Missed that, but doesn't surprise me, these yokes sullied the name GTi.

• Advertisement

Reminds me of reading a claim somewhere years ago (Car & Driver maybe?) that the then (1980's) Opel Corsa was faster 0-60 than the Audi Quattro, but the Quattro was faster 0-100 than a Porsche 911!

Gravelly wrote: »
    Reminds me of reading a claim somewhere years ago (Car & Driver maybe?) that the then (1980's) Opel Corsa was faster 0-60 than the Audi Quattro, but the Quattro was faster 0-100 than a Porsche 911!

I think the corolla would of beaten the gti to a higher speed than 60mph. It was pulling away at the end of the race.

I think the corolla would of beaten the gti to a higher speed than 60mph. It was pulling away at the end of the race.

Oh I'd agree - think it had it beaten in every department. I believe the issue with the Quattro was the inertia of the (then big and heavy) turbo, combined with the inertia of the 4wd system, which sapped power until both were up and running, when the godawful and wonderful sudden turbo surge launched it like a missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Didn't someone on here have a deposit put down on that and when they went to view the car it wasn't as decribed.

I think it had rust issues along with other issues.

The price is very steep for a mediocre car that is supposedly not in great condition. A 1.6 run of the mill corolla beat one of those to 60mph on top gear years ago

Yes they did.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106148934

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Hmm not sure about this

Pictures 7 & 8 are two different interiors :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Pictures 7 & 8 are two different interiors :confused:

Pick seven is from a different yoke altogether presumably a new ish caddy or caravelle etc.

All the rest of the pictures are from the mk3 it's a rip off considering there is a class mk3 vr6 high line on donedeal for 5€k in roscommon

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-golf-mk3-vr6-highline/16418480

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Its not even a 16 valve version. No way its worth that asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

That Mk3 GTi is a great entry for the thread!

I privately sold one that was very similar (though not in that classy purple hue) last year and was happy to get less than 10% of what that one's advertised for.
    I was incentivised to get rid of it quick so maybe it was worth much more, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-318ti/18044115

OGUyOWM5YTNhYzZjNWZhZjJlY2E2ZDg1OTVlNzZjM2RnMgjfXAlzIWZXQUvgOUccaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NTI1NjQ3NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€6750 seems like an awful lot of money for one of these

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-318ti/18044115

OGUyOWM5YTNhYzZjNWZhZjJlY2E2ZDg1OTVlNzZjM2RnMgjfXAlzIWZXQUvgOUccaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NTI1NjQ3NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€6750 seems like an awful lot of money for one of these

Especially in that colour!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement