Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

grogi wrote: »
    I think they know what they are doing. It is Cooper S in the end...

I dunno. One of my old bosses bought one from John Cooper himself in the early 90s (as in JC was the first owner and my gaffer the second), kitted out to the nines with JCW mods, and I think he paid a third of that price.

I know an original car will often attract a premium but you can't argue with that pedigree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

milltown wrote: »
    I dunno. One of my old bosses bought one from John Cooper himself in the early 90s (as in JC was the first owner and my gaffer the second), kitted out to the nines with JCW mods, and I think he paid a third of that price.

I know an original car will often attract a premium but you can't argue with that pedigree.

It was in the early 90s... Now we have late teens - that's the main difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭oknepop

1990 1.0L Micra for €5,500!

Asking another €6k for the Super Turbo in the photo. Complete with snapchat screencaps, bad spelling and the obligatory "lady owner", "brown logbook" and "Not pushed if I sell". All from a 'private seller' with 14 other car ads.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/k10-nissan-micra-only-16k-miles-one-owner/18528739

OTJjMmJmZDhmMDA5MWNhZWIzZTI1OWFmYTY0ODlhOTQs8IYShSyElQ---B7XMUmqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185OTIwMDUzMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Not pushed if I sell as dare in my shead a long time now so no stupid offers..

First sentence. Christ. Also, 3 pictures all of different cars in one ad? I swear these Snapchat screenshot pictures are becoming more common and they seem to go hand in hand with low IQs and piss poor spelling...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

milltown wrote: »

But that car is probably worth €50k today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Not pushed if I sell as dare in my shead a long time now so no stupid offers..

What kind of a clown are we dealing with here? How does the fact that dare in his shead a long time now figure in him not being pushed if he sells? Just as well he's not pushed on selling I reckon. Just as well - if the prices don't put people off the attitude should.

Usual unvalidated pointless rubbish about the Corolla being the only one is Ireland, blady blady blah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Usual unvalidated pointless rubbish about the Corolla being the only one is Ireland, blady blady blah

I wouldn't expect less from like minded muppets spouting barstool rubbish about corollas and expecting you to believe it, I have seen a few of those Toyota windybums over the years (in different colours!) so he's lying through his face on it being the only one in Ireland...

If I was arsed I'd love to ring him about all the cars :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

mloc123 wrote: »
    Thats it... I am not sure if there is a small market of people willing to pay crazy prices for them. Not sure what the target market is...

Target are people who are wealthy enough now, but desperately wanted one fifty years ago. They don't want to drive it around, they just want to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

oknepop wrote: »
    1990 1.0L Micra for €5,500!

Asking another €6k for the Super Turbo in the photo. Complete with snapchat screencaps, bad spelling and the obligatory "lady owner", "brown logbook" and "Not pushed if I sell". All from a 'private seller' with 14 other car ads.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/k10-nissan-micra-only-16k-miles-one-owner/18528739

OTJjMmJmZDhmMDA5MWNhZWIzZTI1OWFmYTY0ODlhOTQs8IYShSyElQ---B7XMUmqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185OTIwMDUzMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Oh sweet hairy Jesus the spelling and grammar.

Is he daring me to go in his shed, or daring me to stay in his shed for a long time?

And why does Eder get a mention, didn't he play for Portugal a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Gravelly wrote: »
    Oh sweet hairy Jesus the spelling and grammar.

Is he daring me to go in his shed, or daring me to stay in his shed for a long time?

And why does Eder get a mention, didn't he play for Portugal a few years ago?

I'm more interested in the recipe for the silver Micra that makes it rare...

• Advertisement

He said in the ad "very rare car find" - I think he means that his garage is so full of ****e cars that he rarely finds the Micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wait what, it's the silver one for that money not the black turbo?

What a ****ing muppet.

Wait what, it's the silver one for that money not the black turbo?

What a ****ing muppet.

I realise now that we've been reading the ad all wrong, he's not looking for that money for any of those cars, he's looking for it for Eder.
    not stuck or pushed if I sell Eder

Considering Eder scored the winning goal in the Euro 2016 final, I think the price is very reasonable.

37B6407D00000578-0-image-a-4_1472752743220.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,556 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gravelly wrote: »
    I realise now that we've been reading the ad all wrong, he's not looking for that money for any of those cars, he's looking for it for Eder.

Considering Eder scored the winning goal in the Euro 2016 final, I think the price is very reasonable.

37B6407D00000578-0-image-a-4_1472752743220.jpg

Pretty sure slavery is illegal.. but you know, whatever ;)

everlast75 wrote: »
    Pretty sure slavery is illegal.. but you know, whatever ;)

Not a soccer fan I take it? Players are sold all the time. If it's slavery, sign me up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I would probably pay 6k for the March ST... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

A 1993 Corolla described by the seller as a "bit rough round the edges"

Only 1500

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/e10-corolla-saloon/18561507

MThkMWYyNjFhYzkwNjA4YjViN2JlNWRmMjU5MDFjOWSbbQeVY9Btq9DWMRnA5mnNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185OTQ1NDYwNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dat spoiler tho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I would probably pay 6k for the March ST... :o

Yeah.

The seller is a gobshine, his ad is pathetic but a rust free March Super Turbo is worth the guts of €6k easy.

JDM auction watch advertised one the other week, a clean 1985 and they were suggesting €7500 imported. I know it's not exactly the same model but it's a good guideline.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1005535552955783&id=115849945257686

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yeah.

The seller is a gobshine, his ad is pathetic but a rust free March Super Turbo is worth the guts of €6k easy.

JDM auction watch advertised one the other week, a clean 1985 and they were suggesting €7500 imported. I know it's not exactly the same model but it's a good guideline.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1005535552955783&id=115849945257686

Cheers.. it is a car I have wanted for about 15years (my first car being a k10 Micra). I will attempt to phone the seller in a couple of weeks, suspect he isn't the easiest to deal with tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I will attempt to phone the seller in a couple of weeks, suspect he isn't the easiest to deal with tho.

Be sure to hammer a crayon up your nostril first, so that it inflicts just enough brain damage to enable you to communicate effectively at his level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

And the winner is.....
    UNKELS merc :) Could even get the spacing right :)
    ZDRmYTZmMjg4MGQ4MjdjNTJiMzQ1M2RhYTliZTJkNDIS87Ng0PcqmyTGYs9vOYBeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185OTQ2MzI2Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

80sDiesel wrote: »
    And the winner is.....
    UNKELS merc :) Could even get the spacing right :)
    ZDRmYTZmMjg4MGQ4MjdjNTJiMzQ1M2RhYTliZTJkNDIS87Ng0PcqmyTGYs9vOYBeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185OTQ2MzI2Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not the best example of a 190e tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Classic tax and big engine surely make it worth that?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Classic tax and big engine surely make it worth that?

Probably but the extensive welding bit you put me right off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Probably but the extensive welding bit you put me right off it.

As opposed to filling it full of filler?

As opposed to filling it full of filler?

No, getting one that's not rotten underneath. Anything that needed extensive welding is bad news in my experience.

I know it's an old car but good rust free, non welded examples do exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

supervento wrote: »
    For 50K you'd think he'd at least wash it or put some tyre shine on the muddy tyres.
    ........or at least get the spelling of his 50k car correct...."Celice"

• Advertisement

supervento wrote: »

There's a dreamer if ever there was one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement