Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/corolla-tax-and-test-1000-this-weekend/18561507

1000 notes for bog spec Corolla with 3 alloys, a CB aerial and a cracked windscreen?

Tax AND test too!...(but only for two months)

I'd say it's had a hard aul life laaad

That's scrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

is it even possible to get insurance on a 93 corolla?
    there are a good few corollas from pre 1997 for €500+

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

"the car is not a new 1"

I'm glad they pointed that out. There may be people who fell into a coma in 1993 and have just woken up and jumped straight onto Done Deal looking for a Corolla who might be confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I imagine the respray it got is pretty bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/corolla-tax-and-test-1000-this-weekend/18561507

1000 notes for bog spec Corolla with 3 alloys, a CB aerial and a cracked windscreen?

Tax AND test too!...(but only for two months)

I'd say it's had a hard aul life laaad

What about his Nissan, never heard of the model so dunno if it's a dreamer price or not at €2k but it's literally falling apart.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/c32-nissan-laurel/18504526

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Classic tax though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Very limited appeal, jap import, far too much work required on that and bodged with a diesel conversion.

I would not go near it unless seen on a ramp to see how bad the tin worm is

It would be cheaper to buy a clean one from Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

It use to look very different. I remember reading some article about that car online and the owner had huge work done to it and it was all very impressive.

277.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

Don't think there's any debate - he's delusional, 20k will buy a LOT of performance car in this country. Realistically id value it at probably 13k due to the really really low miles but then again a lot of s2ks are bizarrely priced.

I was interested in one about a year ago that was asking stupid money, the owner held firm and last I looked it was still for sale 4 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

For 20k I would want better photos and more info.

Great car but not worth that in a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Collectors item. I have no idea who the hell would want to buy that as a collectors item.

There’s one of those in that colour in limerick, I’d actually like one but £100,000 is a bit steep.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There’s one of those in that colour in limerick, I’d actually like one but £100,000 is a bit steep.

Yeah just a small bit. 98k might buy it.

Look I’ll be honest, even that is over my tentative budget.

Look I’ll be honest, even that is over my tentative budget.

You could be cheeky and offer 90k.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It has to be somebody taking the Mick :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Has to be a typo surely its only 10,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Has to be a typo surely its only 10,000?

Even still it's dreamer money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 DPolo

Wouldn't see half that realistically, can pick one up same year and spec for 4-5k mark, maybe there's a gold bar in the boot though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

A ten year old orange diesel Civic, collectors item?

LOLOLOL

Absolute dreamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I think the 100,000 asking is just instead of the usual $1234567 price you see every day on donedeal... I just assume they're open to offers on it, having said that.."collectors item" made me laugh a little, who's collecting them - scrap metal places?

DPolo wrote: »
    Wouldn't see half that realistically, can pick one up same year and spec for 4-5k mark, maybe there's a gold bar in the boot though ?

Haven’t seen any diesel Type S GTs for small money. I wouldn’t mind one if the seats are better than the standard ones.

Haven’t seen any diesel Type S GTs for small money. I wouldn’t mind one if the seats are better than the standard ones.

They've semi buckets, bolsters are rock solid on them, a Type S be a bit more, maybe 7k mark max for a 08 CDTi, but definitely not 10k especially with the lovely shade of baby diarrhea thats painted in .........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I think the 100,000 asking is just instead of the usual $1234567 price you see every day on donedeal... I just assume they're open to offers on it, having said that.."collectors item" made me laugh a little, who's collecting them - scrap metal places?

Or the €1 ad on adverts with "pm for price" was great until some guy threatened to report me to adverts if I didnt sell my car for €1 :D

I quite like that colour :)

Wouldn’t pay over the odds for one though.

I quite like that colour :)

Wouldn’t pay over the odds for one though.

Wouldn't be mad for it at all, there's a midnight blue/purple they come in or grey one for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Or the €1 ad on adverts with "pm for price" was great until some guy threatened to report me to adverts if I didnt sell my car for €1 :D

To be fair the 1 euro ads are very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

To be fair the 1 euro ads are very annoying.

Yeah in fairness whenever I looked at anything on dd I used to set the min filter to 1000 for price and mileage to exclude that rubbish.
    If someone cannot be bothered to fill out an ad correctly in order to sell a vehicle I couldn't be bothered to look at it.
    Its a buyers market, and there is usually plenty of choice out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement