Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ef-civic/19014768

ODdlYjc0NzRkMGUzNjc2MmJkNjRlMGU0ZDQzYzc0OTLjEySJo3VwCCBq9rMlP39haHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDMxMDk1MDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Sure these have a following and all but €3200 in this state?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

ODdlYjc0NzRkMGUzNjc2MmJkNjRlMGU0ZDQzYzc0OTLjEySJo3VwCCBq9rMlP39haHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDMxMDk1MDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Scrap prices must be at an all-time high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

10W60 oil:eek: That's enough for me she must be burning it big time! I wouldn't like those fighting carbs either...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Seems like he's made a big investment mechanically which probably wasn't wise. Seems like madness on such a rough shell, the sills have had it and I'd say the rest of it isn't much better.

Could be worth the guts of €1k?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Seems like he's made a big investment mechanically which probably wasn't wise. Seems like madness on such a rough shell, the sills have had it and I'd say the rest of it isn't much better.

I don't think it's worth anywhere near 1k tbh. The bodywork is in dreadful condition and that engine is nothing special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth anywhere near 1k tbh. The bodywork is in dreadful condition and that engine is nothing special.

Still overpriced but here's a clean example for 3k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/two-1990-honda-civics/19003045

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭blackbox

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lol. What a wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

blackbox wrote: »

three too many zeros in that advert:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Thats some project

• Advertisement

I find it hard to believe the underside could be ok. Look at the scuttle panel and bulkhead, there's nothing left. Worth SFA.

Logbook and four hubcaps for sale..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

blackbox wrote: »

Is that James mays from the botswana trip? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The reg plate makes it valuable. The cynic in me says a later e30 will end up with its identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The reg plate makes it valuable. The cynic in me says a later e30 will end up with its identity.

This would be the wisest option :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Dunmore East/Sea Air. Bound to be riddled with rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Is that the same seller as the tri-colour astra? Same location and same pricing strategy..

mloc123 wrote: »
    Is that the same seller as the tri-colour astra? Same location and same pricing strategy..

Megane..

Same guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

5k for a mondeo essentially.

• Advertisement

Nothing says tosser quite like "proof of insurance before test drive" written in an ad. He should be so lucky as to get someone to test drive that yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nothing says tosser quite like "proof of insurance before test drive" written in an ad. He should be so lucky as to get someone to test drive that yoke.

At least it stops people with no insurance calling for a drive of a car that if they crashed, they wouldn't have insurance to cover. What happens then? I see nothing wrong with it really.

I can tell you that if a potential buyer arrived to drive a car I had for sale without insurance and crashed or damaged it I'd be raging.

At least it stops people with no insurance calling for a drive of a car that if they crashed, they wouldn't have insurance to cover. What happens then? I see nothing wrong with it really.

I can tell you that if a potential buyer arrived to drive a car I had for sale without insurance and crashed or damaged it I'd be raging.

The extension to drive other cars usually only covers third parties though and not the other car you are driving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

I bought a Volvo V50 in Dublin on Saturday. The seller asked me to bring proof of Insurance with me if I intended to test drive it. I didn't have a problem with that.
    Perfectly reasonable request in my opinion. The seller was anything but a tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The extension to drive other cars usually only covers third parties though and not the other car you are driving

Yes but as 3rd party is the minimum level of cover required to drive legally then you cannot be followed for allowing someone to drive your car without any cover.
    Yes your own car won't be covered if they crash it but legally you'll be okay.

Also a person who is willing to present a policy document and license stating he has this cover is less likely to kick you out of the car on a test drive and take it. Unlikely but it may be a small thing to put some sellers minds at rest since they can see a name and address of the potential buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

tcawley29 wrote: »
    less likely to kick you out of the car on a test drive and take it.

How often does this actually happen?

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Yes but as 3rd party is the minimum level of cover required to drive legally then you cannot be followed for allowing someone to drive your car without any cover.
    Yes your own car won't be covered if they crash it but legally you'll be okay.

Also a person who is willing to present a policy document and license stating he has this cover is less likely to kick you out of the car on a test drive and take it. Unlikely but it may be a small thing to put some sellers minds at rest since they can see a name and address of the potential buyer.

I don't disagree with having cover. The point I was trying to make is it won't cover the seller's car in the event of an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Effects wrote: »

Thats completely irrelevant how often it happens. Some people may genuinely be worried that this may happen to them when a stranger is driving their car.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Effects wrote: »

Common enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-bora/19111924

Christ reading this is taxing enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement